The General Message Board.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
WTF are all these stupid ass topics!? This is SegaXtreme, not IamaloserandIvisitmessageboardstomakestupidpostsXtreme. Lets just post topics about SEGA! Not about getting drunk or about yer GF.......This is ridiculous ppl. I can't even come to this part of SegaXtreme anymore, it makes me sick. It also makes me sick that Skank and Rev haven't bitched about it yet. I liked the old days of SX where is was about SEGA, didn't you guys?

What's really interesting is the order of the boards. It used to be that Saturn was number 2, right behind general, and it'd go down as such. Nowadays I forget those boards even exist (I used to spend most of my time in Saturn and Tech Help).

But yeah, some of these topics are stupid, and I try to steer clear of them (and sometimes I fail to do that).

But really, there isn't much to do about it. A lot of people who once posted have moved on (IRC, or so I read) and you can't exactly ban everyone who posts something like 'Get Drunk'. So few are contributing as is.

On the flip side, it keeps think semi interesting.

Originally posted by BJammzz@Aug. 11 2002, 6:56 pm

WTF are all these stupid ass topics!? This is SegaXtreme, not IamaloserandIvisitmessageboardstomakestupidpostsXtreme.

No offense man, but isn't this kinda contributing to that? This is just the start of another one of those "stupid ass topics". I really don't enjoy them any more than you but just ignore the post if you don't like the content, and eventually it will make it's way to the bottom while new topics will be posted and responded to above.
sad.gif

The general chat board is for, as some might guess; general chat.

If you want to talk about sega, there are appropriate sub boards to go to.

hey skiad, it's a general "sega" board, not a general "life" board. This is a sega site, not a place to post all yer dumbass ideas. and zziggy, I am not contributing to it, I am starting a topic that is trying to STOP it, a really big duh! on that. and also zziggy, that's the bad thing, the topics don't just go to the bottom, they keep gettin more and more frequent. Can't we just get back to sega ppl? why all this other shit? noone wants to hear how you are a loser and get drunk while you are on the comp or how you can't get a GF. If you have questions about women this is one sorry ass place to ask don't u think? A bunch of videogame freaks on the net? Think ppl....PLEASE!!!!!!

A bit. Let me add to this though, that I am generally very happy with the board changes that have been instituted. I would NOT want to go back to how it was. No reflection on any of the admins. I suppose it's an issue of that they have lives to lead and while they maintain this board....it aint their life. If you go back a few pages you will see more game related stuff, with other threads as well. But these whining childish stuff has become the norm and not the exception. Don't like, but not much I can do about. Just hope maybe this thread can help some see the light.

these random topics about general bullshit....didnt your parents ever teach you-

if you dont have anything useful to say, SHUT THE FUCK UP
cool.gif

BJammzz, it's the General Forum in the General section of the messageboard. What's the problem?

There's a section of the messageboard devoted to non-Sega consoles too. How does that fit in with your vision of SegaXtreme?

Originally posted by falstaff@Aug. 12 2002, 7:14 pm

I generally agree this section has gone down hill, so while I post, I pay more attention to irc now.

well am sure there are online retirement homes
biggrin.gif

The forum description has been changed.

General

Talk about anything videogame related.

Yipee
sarcasm.gif

So does the banning procedure change? When someone posts something like 'Getting Drunk' will they warned/banned?

And if such a post is put in a new context, i.e. "Playing video games while intoxicated", would that be video game related? Or would that still be classified under 'ridiculously stupid'?

And does JohnD really do anything at the-underdogs.org? I don't know, when I emailed people there they seemed to have a bit more... ah, tact.

Originally posted by JohnD+Aug. 13 2002, 4:58 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JohnD @ Aug. 13 2002, 4:58 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-falstaff@Aug. 12 2002, 7:14 pm

I generally agree this section has gone down hill, so while I post, I pay more attention to irc now.

well am sure there are online retirement homes
biggrin.gif
[/b][/quote]

Yes, I'm sure there must be. It's a good starting point to look for your brain. Oh, and if you find it, do us all a favor and drop off your computer/mouth. Either would be a blessing to humanity.
tongue.gif

a feeble attempt to boost this sites ratings

Ratings? Did Nielsen start tracking online communities or something? When is sweeps week? Why would Iceman even care, since there's no paid advertising on SX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back