this place rocks

after rereading many of the old posts (from way back), i have decided many people here are awefully cabalistic. a few want to be generally helpful, but fail due to bias. yet very few are helpful in all respects; mainly the admins for maintaing sx (thanks).

however let me pose you a thought... what of the people who never knew the orgasmic joy of sega, from birth 'till death? should no one be able to enjoy the lunar games, vay, dw, snatcher, slipheed, heart of darkness, etc, etc ad infinitum, except the elete? newsflash, most of you who count yourselves in this number are not old school, hardcore, true gamers.

and what of the many who are just now (or rather recently) finding interest in old school true gaming? are they not worthy of playing awesome games like black belt upto dragonforce, and everything in between!?!?

i mean your attitudes can kill the revivial of dead systems just as well as sega's poor buisness managment can!

i guess i am just lucky to have been in the emu scene long enough to remember willy.

i guess i am lucky to have been gaming since the intelivision.

and i guess i am just lucky to know how to do things in the "cyber world".

but you are killing new found sega joy for many newbies. most are probably kids (12-20ish) just now becoming aquanted with old school glory!

sure count yourselves as elete (even though many of you aren't) and watch old school gaming die with you!

one last point, it is illegal to resell your video games, movies, computer software, etc, etc. read the copy right laws, read the copy rights! e-bay is just as much of a felon as you leechers and local video game shops! and you can own a back up of your own software, ON THE SAME MEDIA as the origanol!

btw, go to www.dcemulation.com and read their logo!

hypocracy and cabalism seem to go hand in hand here.

no offense to the moderators, owners, maintainers, and people on this site who are helpful. i am humbled in your presences, but you pick foul company.

john kean

capt_trips

IT'S SUPER DUPER SEGA FUCKING COOKIE-BAKING ASSHOLE FANTASTIC SUPERCALFRAGILISTIC WHATEVER THE FUCK ALADICIOUS STRAP ME TO A ROCKET SPANK ME TILL I'M RED YOSHI ALL OVER AGAIN!

P.S. shut up, no one want so hear you ramble. Illegal blah blah blah, ebay blah blah blah. Your not a l337 h4k3r l1k3 m3 blah blah blah. Oh and don't expect people to actually take your little words of wisdom and apply that towards useful thinking cheif.

What an insightful post from an AOL user.

one last point, it is illegal to resell your video games, movies, computer software, etc, etc. read the copy right laws, read the copy rights! e-bay is just as much of a felon as you leechers and local video game shops! and you can own a back up of your own software, ON THE SAME MEDIA as the origanol!

errrr, yes, where on AOL-Law did you read this crap?

Renting VHS tapes is illegal too, right? Didn't the movie industry say that once? mmmmk.....selling used videogames illegal? I guess every single retail store I've been to in the malls everywhere are active felons. While I have no problem putting the people behind the counter at EB behind bars, and charge their management with price gouging, I'm not going to say that every single chain in the world is breaking the law by selling used games.

Did I mention you're an AOLer?

i want to tell you galstaff, i think (but can't be sure) you don't like what i have to say. actually, you are one of the few people i was referring to in a nice way. i actually like what you have to say and your sarcasim is funny. good luck w/ the gal, i am on page 1 of your post now.

-.- Hmm what i said before didn't come off right. Let me explain. Ok well I think that what you are saying is EXTREMELY well put. Many people, myself included, have recently found the joys of oldschool gaming. Master system, coleco, commodore, amiga to name a few (i am not good with numbers) but what i was refering to was your little illegal disclaimer... it's stupid. You sound just like... never mind you'd have to have been here during that time to get a taste of how retarded he was. Anyway, if you can prove to me, from a valid and very trusted source, that this is a WRITTEN LAW that it is illegal to sell or rent games and or movies, i will bake you a cupcake.
smile.gif

skankin monkey, aol is free for me, so back off on that point, some aolers are educated thieves and some are bloody idiots.

second, i am not l33t, or l337, etc. i just have a good idea of what's up.

third, read my closing statement!!!

fourth, please back off and respect my point of view, lord knows people have respected yours.

fourth, aol can be minimized and any internet tool can be accessed. it just sucks there's a damned proprietary interface w/ the isp.

and lastly, to anyone who reads this post in the future, i did not mean offense to anyone who doesn't deserve to be told off. the good guys here SHOULD know who they are, so should the assholes.

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/ch5.html

this is the entire copyright law of the usc. it is long and hard but worth reading, every bit of it.

and i didn't mean to come across as saying you can't resell your software, i just meant to say we are all pirates here, legal or otherwise.

sorry for need to modify this,

the reason it is illegal to resell movies, games, books, any form of media is because the liscensing/publishing company isn't getting any royalities/fees. the only legal way to resell media is if it is in the public domain, in which case the data itself is free.

skankin monkey, aol is free for me, so back off on that point, some aolers are educated thieves and some are bloody idiots.

Ah yes, educated thieves that haven't noticed that my name doesnt have any spaces in it. The power of observation.

second, i am not l33t, or l337, etc. i just have a good idea of what's up.

That's good to know.

fourth, aol can be minimized and any internet tool can be accessed. it just sucks there's a damned proprietary interface w/ the isp.

Really? Tell me more? Can you use the internet with AOL or is that extra? I really want to surf the net. Crawl the web.

and i didn't mean to come across as saying you can't resell your software, i just meant to say we are all pirates here, legal or otherwise.

You didn't?

one last point, it is illegal to resell your video games, movies, computer software, etc, etc. read the copy right laws, read the copy rights

Cool, thanks for clarifying your point up.

I just have one point to contend, Trips, and that's your claim that all young kids out there are just now getting into old-school gaming (and SX is actively preventing them from doing so).

I *really* doubt that - with a few exceptions, no doubt - these kids really bring up the same APPRECIATION for old games that us older users had when these games were new. I actually see a lot of the get-everything-and-hoard-it mentality going around in various filesharing places... Some ppl aren't downloading games to play them, they just want the downloads, the big library they can impress others with. Not very discriminate IMHO.

Ahhh, confused teeny. You'll be a great bloody lawyer; but first please learn how to understand the law.

Yeah, just because you read something doesn't mean you undestand it. Tons of information are worthless if it is analized by some lame kid who hadn't a date some friday night.

I don't know how common in usa this is, but, haven't you heard those sport "reporters" who start to talk crap about one word or two they heard in a coctail about psychology or medicine, and they try to "philosophe" and relate those topics with the sports they talk about?

hmmm, forgive the bad english, please
tongue.gif

ahh this is true and in what shape is abandonware illegal hell it isn't illegal as long as the original company no longer produces or supports said materials. i know lots of abandonware sites that don't get shut down. i bet sega knows this place hell i bet sega employee's cruise this mb.

Everyone who keeps whining about the FTP section is missing one very big tidbit here... It was stated that the future direction of SEGAXTREME does not support the sharing of ISO's. Go browse through the posts down on the VGR temp boards and see if you can pick up on what that implies. Or just go to that FTPXTREME.tk site and fight for a connection on one of those servers. In the meantime, please, SHUT THE FUCK UP AND QUITCHERBITCHIN!

Capt Trips: Title 17, sec. 109 says

Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106(3), the owner of a particular copy or phonorecord lawfully made under this title, or any person authorized by such owner, is entitled, without the authority of the copyright owner, to sell or otherwise dispose of the possession of that copy or phonorecord.

in what shape is abandonware illegal hell it isn't illegal as long as the original company no longer produces or supports said materials. i know lots of abandonware sites that don't get shut down.

It's illegal because copyright does not require that the work be continually produced or supported. As for sites not getting shut down, that's mostly because the resources for enforcement are limited; there are lots of outright warez sites that also don't get shut down.

Originally posted by Capt Trips@Oct. 05 2002, 1:01 am

however let me pose you a thought... what of the people who never knew the orgasmic joy of sega, from birth 'till death? should no one be able to enjoy the lunar games, vay, dw, snatcher, slipheed, heart of darkness, etc, etc ad infinitum, except the elete? newsflash, most of you who count yourselves in this number are not old school, hardcore, true gamers.

You make it sound as though there's like a secret stash available for sx members. If you're talking about those people who actually, buy and collect the games, calling themselves elite, i say let them call themselves elite.

The one thing about video games that is awesome and also fun is searching for and finding them. Though ebay isn't as fun as driving around, and searching for places. Do all gamers enjoy this, some would say, nah, I'll just download it. I don't know where i'm going here...

I don't think it's possible to appreciate a cdr game, as much as a complete authentic copy.

i actually like what you have to say and your sarcasim is funny.

Galstaff has been sarcastic at times?

The only real flaw in SX is they don't know where they stand in regards to ISOs. Last I heard ISOs are allowed, but posting FTPs with ISOs is not. (don't ask me I'm confused as well) I don't know where this Capt Trip guy is going on about SX killing old school game...

Back