this place rocks

smile.gif

*smoOCh*

Unabommer tells good stories though!!!

Originally posted by Unabommer+Oct. 10 2002, 7:11 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Unabommer @ Oct. 10 2002, 7:11 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Cynnamin@Oct. 10 2002, 3:58 pm

Unabommer tells good stories though!!!

lol oh yeah i forgot about those[/b][/quote]

and they went shopping, and they didnt play much ddr =(

Sounds like the time I accidentally kicked Revquixo out of my moving car....

For some odd reason he didnt like me after that?

For the record, I am a dipshit!

Why can I say that? Because I don't take myself so seriously as to care :p

I've only just read this post, and to be perfectly honest, I understand "some" of what Trip was saying. True, old school gamers who own a Mega CD (for example) and orginal media may come accross as elitist. Maybe it's because owning the originals makes you understand and respect said games for what they're worth.

If newbies are treated badly though, it's because we're sick to death of "I NEED XXXX game, I don't know anything about it, but I've heard it's really good. Please email it to me." That shows zero respect for the game, and fosters an attitude where these classic titles become just another download on the warez roundabout.

The interesting thing is, I'm not oposed to sharing backups of classic games, and I can safely say that the mods of this site are much the same. The hoard of mindless leechers that are drawn to it enmass and the attitudes that go along with it is what kills me.

</rant>

BTW, Arakon, that was a fine one liner :)

Great work as usual.

Oh, BTW, that hypothetical quote I made up was just an example to illustrate the attitude. It could just as likely be -

"I'm l33t, I have an FTP with 1000 Sega CD games for download!!! Kiss my ass to get access."

I dunno, I mean he has a point, but he's whining about not being accepted by the kinds of people you described as having an "elitist" attitude. Hard to have sympathy for that. If you want to be one of the "cool kids", fuck you. If you are proud that you actually are one of the "cool kids", fuck you, you (probably) aren't.

no one here has ever done me any wrong. i am not one of "the cool kids", nor would i like that title. i just don't like the way most senior members come off towards newbies.

it is one thing to answer a question with a common sense answer (like "try reading the readme"), it is another thing to be a jackass about it (like "read the f#cking readme dipshit!")

another example would be the folks who go into threads where newbies ask for isos and say something like "sniff*sniff, i smell a ban coming, (insert belitteling statement here)." these people aren't even mods or admins, they can't ban the newbie, they just make him feel bad, or angry. it would be different to say "read the rules man, don't be suprised if a ban comes along, nothing against you, just read the rules next time... no isos"

i understand why newbies are looked down on, and at times i look down myself, but atleast i try to exercize a little tact.

that's all. thanks.

one last point, it is illegal to resell your video games, movies, computer software, etc, etc. read the copy right laws, read the copy rights! e-bay is just as much of a felon as you leechers and local video game shops! and you can own a back up of your own software, ON THE SAME MEDIA as the origanol!

trips remember that post and a few other nice words you started this topic with??? now if thats tact i sure as hell dunno what your definition of tact is but it is wildly different from mine.

Originally posted by chainsmoker+Oct. 11 2002, 9:25 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chainsmoker @ Oct. 11 2002, 9:25 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Capt Trips@Oct. 11 2002, 5:51 pm

I don't see senior members being exceptionally abrasive or anything. Maybe you need to toughen up, nancy boy.

smile.gif
[/b][/quote]

FUCK YOU

tongue.gif

that is all

Originally posted by Capt Trips@Oct. 11 2002, 6:51 pm

no one here has ever done me any wrong. i am not one of "the cool kids", nor would i like that title. i just don't like the way most senior members come off towards newbies.

it is one thing to answer a question with a common sense answer (like "try reading the readme"), it is another thing to be a jackass about it (like "read the f#cking readme dipshit!")

another example would be the folks who go into threads where newbies ask for isos and say something like "sniff*sniff, i smell a ban coming, (insert belitteling statement here)." these people aren't even mods or admins, they can't ban the newbie, they just make him feel bad, or angry. it would be different to say "read the rules man, don't be suprised if a ban comes along, nothing against you, just read the rules next time... no isos"

i understand why newbies are looked down on, and at times i look down myself, but atleast i try to exercize a little tact.

that's all. thanks.

It's just that it IS in the fucking rules. If you don't fucking want to fucking read the fucking rules you can go fucking fuck yourself you fucker! Go sit in your fuckin tower! Go nap... what's funny? YOU FUCKIN BITCH! FUCKIN FUCK YOU! FUCKIN... COCKAIS!... your banned from segaxtreme.

(most people won't get the joke here but if you do, you're of good taste)

It's just that it IS in the fucking rules. If you don't fucking want to fucking read the fucking rules you can go fucking fuck yourself you fucker! Go sit in your fuckin tower! Go nap... what's funny? YOU FUCKIN BITCH! FUCKIN FUCK YOU! FUCKIN... COCKAIS!... your banned from segaxtreme.

well fucking said

See? Bunch of personable little shits here if I ever saw some. It's called friendship; maybe you've heard of it, crybaby!

Incidentally, Tenacious D, as funny and cool as it is, good taste does not it make. Don't flatter yourself too much jackass. JUST KIDDING DONT GET MAD PLEASE I LOVE YOU and..

I love sega

Originally posted by cww80@Oct. 11 2002, 11:00 pm

well fucking said

Fuck yes, motha' fucka

Back