Translating Dracula X / SOTN Beta V0.99

Here are some pictures of the issue, and my files. I renamed the patch to the actual game's name thinking that might solve the issue, but it hasn't.
DSC01260.JPG
DSC01258.JPG
DSC01256.JPG

DSC01261.JPG
 

Knight0fDragon

Established Member
ok, let me retest CCD, could you try building it without a patch? That would help me narrow down the issue.


Also, I assume you are using a CD Image and not ripping from CD. Try mounting the image to a virtual drive.

Please share that cue as well, thanks.
 
No, I'm using an original unpatched version. Weird. Does it matter which of these I use?

Akumajou Dracula X Gekka no Yasoukyoku (JP) (BR).zip
or
Akumajou Dracula X Gekka no Yasoukyoku (JP).zip
 

Knight0fDragon

Established Member
It must be an unpatched version. You should get a prompt stating something about a byte mismatch though. I also do not know what those zips even are, I only deal with original discs properly ripped. There is no telling what a bad rip will do.
 
I found another source for the rip which works fine with your patcher. Oddly, the previous rips I posted earlier worked fine with your previous patch. You need the one named as such:
Akumajou Dracula X - Gekka no Yasoukyoku (Japan) (2M).zip
DSC01263.JPG
 

Ardiloso

Established Member
@Knight0fDragon the midgame and ending FMVs are still the old cropped ones, is it intentional or did you forget to replace them?
The new font you used on the menus isn't that soft with my eyes, isn't the PS1 one not feasible?
Found a new error: the Advices section in the shop is unreadable, the options are filled with garbage.
 
Last edited:
Just played through the game. Nearly everything was perfect. A few of the dialogue bits weren't skippable (I believe you intended to patch the game to be able to skip all cutscenes even without a cleared save file since so many were skippable), one of the Maria conversations for sure it wouldn't let me skip.

But then I caught a significant issue. I watched through the whole medium ending-- where you've beaten Dracula in the inverted castle but haven't maxed out the map so Maria doesn't follow you-- and then at the very end the game hangs. The water in the background behind Maria and Richter is moving, but you're basically stuck and can't get to the end credits.

I'd provide a save game from just prior to help debug but I'm on real Saturn hardware via a Phoebe. Attached is a picture of it if that helps, the dark shaded overlay at the top for where words go is still there but there are no words shown when it gets stuck.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1201.jpg
    IMG_1201.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 23

dibz

Boss
Staff member
I wanted to report the patcher works fine in Linux, albeit you do have to do 1~2 things:
  1. The Wine prefix must be 64-bit. I believe these days 64-bit prefixes are the default in Wine, but if you use an old one, you might have to create a new one.
  2. You need to install the .Net Core runtime in your prefix from here -- https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-core/3.1; Specifically the x64 version under ".NET Core Desktop Runtime 3.1.10". At the time I wrote this, the downloaded filename was "windowsdesktop-runtime-3.1.10-win-x64.exe".
  3. Now you can run SegaSaturnPatcher.
 

Knight0fDragon

Established Member
Thanks everybody. I am addressing some of the issues reported, I would just like to make note to not use the CDImage function as of right now. I need to handle rips that have the cue sheet laid out incorrectly. I will have something up shortly.
 

slinga

Established Member
@modsbox ,

I'd provide a save game from just prior to help debug but I'm on real Saturn hardware via a Phoebe. Attached is a picture of it if that helps, the dark shaded overlay at the top for where words go is still there but there are no words shown when it gets stuck.

I wrote Save Game Extractor (slinga-homebrew/Save-Game-Extractor) for exactly this type of situation. It let's you copy your Saturn saves from real hardware to PC via audio. You need to boot the SGEX iso and connect your Saturn's audio out to the line in of your PC.
 

Knight0fDragon

Established Member
The patcher is updated. From what I can see, a lot of redumps are wrong. The data is correct, but how it determines pregaps does not align with what the file table says. It will throw audio only a frame or two off, so not very easy to notice.
 
Last edited:
The patcher is updated. From what I can see, a lot of redumps are wrong. The data is correct, but how it determines pregaps does not align with what the file table says. It will throw audio only a frame or two off, so not very easy to notice.
I ran the game successfully after not making the image Region Free, it used to hang at the SEGA license screen after the BIOS (using redump CUE+2 BIN).

A word of advice for some emulation gamers: i've had some random lockups using the YabaSanshiro core, even when in the Pause or Equip menu, and i can't use the save rooms or else it will hang the game. BUT! This only happens if you used a save state at least once during your gameplay, which i was while testing some affecting stats for Alucard. Standalone Yaba Sanshiro emulator could be better than the Retroarch core if you use save states, but i don't think i will test it for the moment, as i've just started my clean game.

I love being able to play this magnificent translation after so long. :banana:
 

Knight0fDragon

Established Member
Region patcher is fixed. Turns out if you had an oddball IPBin it would not patch correctly (Basically the security codes did not match the area codes)
 
Top