Dracula-X / Symphony of the Night

Translating Dracula X / SOTN Beta V1.02 1.021

Hmmm odd....

I deleted the SSImage and I checked the folder permissions. I think what's stopping me is that when I attempt to turn off Read Only and apply it reverts back to being as read only.....

very odd....any other suggestions along this line?

I may end up just giving up on this one.... it just doesnt like my system for some odd reason.

Just an FYI, i didnt have this issue with the xdelta format for Dragon Force II.

Thanks for your help and I will continue to look out for any updates on this.

Have a good one!

I may end up just giving up on this one.... it just doesnt like my system for some odd reason.

Just an FYI, i didnt have this issue with the xdelta format for Dragon Force II.

Thanks for your help and I will continue to look out for any updates on this.

Have a good one!
XDelta format requires a specific file made in a very specific way.

You also cannot patch directly from a CD.

SSP allows you to patch from a CD and many different formats.

I need a place to write files in order to do that.

XDelta format requires a specific file made in a very specific way.

You also cannot patch directly from a CD.

SSP allows you to patch from a CD and many different formats.

I need a place to write files in order to do that.
I guess another question I have for you is are you supposed to receive a prompt saying successfully patched game? or something that affect?

I guess another question I have for you is are you supposed to receive a prompt saying successfully patched game? or something that affect?

Yep, you should get the message shown below. As Knight suggested, try running the program as Admin to see if that makes it work correctly.

Untitled.png

Yep, you should get the message shown below. As Knight suggested, try running the program as Admin to see if that makes it work correctly.

View attachment 6600
Yea still no luck on my end with run as admin.....

I guess it's not meant to be for me.

I ended up trying to find a rom online....which sucks because part of the fun is taking something that you have and patching it to make it work lol.

I havent booted up the rom yet but I will one day.

Anyhow, Knight of Dragon you are still awesome for having done this and I thank you!

I ended up trying to find a rom online....which sucks because part of the fun is taking something that you have and patching it to make it work lol.

Anyhow, Knight of Dragon you are still awesome for having done this and I thank you!
You may need to download the already patched ISO from cdromance

the only other thing I can suggest is try different versions of the patcher and let me know if any work. I juggled around dealing with OS security quite a few times throughout the iterations.

Is there any chance of getting this translation working with the 4M expansion card hack?

Is there any chance of getting this translation working with the 4M expansion card hack?

I would recommend reading the thread to ensure you are not asking duplicate questions.

the only other thing I can suggest is try different versions of the patcher and let me know if any work. I juggled around dealing with OS security quite a few times throughout the iterations.
Basicly have the same problem. Windows 10 sure likes to fork up everything, doesn't it? SSImage just forcibly changes itself to read-only. Any advice?

YO, MAH MAN!!!! I FOUND DA WAE!
Just use Version 1.3 of the Patcher!!!!

This AF

Hi KnightOfDragon! First of all, thanks for your hard work on the translation.

Well, sorry for my daring if inappropriate, but, have you considered releasing a simpler version of your translation (text only) to make it compatible with Paul_Met's Extended hack? That way, we users can fully enjoy his improvements while understanding story, equipment, shop, etc. It'd be the definitive way to play this game. Please consider this! :D Thanks again.

Hi KnightOfDragon! First of all, thanks for your hard work on the translation.

Well, sorry for my daring if inappropriate, but, have you considered releasing a simpler version of your translation (text only) to make it compatible with Paul_Met's Extended hack? That way, we users can fully enjoy his improvements while understanding story, equipment, shop, etc. It'd be the definitive way to play this game. Please consider this! :D Thanks again.
I think this would be on paul met. He could take the last translated version and do his mods but chose not to. I'm pretty sure kod wants to do his own optimizations sometime and knowing his track record, expect a much better realized ones.

I think this would be on paul met. He could take the last translated version and do his mods but chose not to. I'm pretty sure kod wants to do his own optimizations sometime and knowing his track record, expect a much better realized ones.
if Paul Met wants to reach out to me, I have no problem helping him port or add the translation.

At some point however, I will separate out text and enhancements, it is just on an even lower priority than getting the bug fixes out and the tons of other things I am doing.

Back