Translating Grandia Digital Museum

Figured I'd post an update. All of the main story text's first draft has been inserted into the game and it appears stable so far. All the new monsters and attacks have also been translated and inserted. We've been working on getting the museum content translated now. What currently remains to be translated are the monster descriptions for the beastiary, the save file importer text (The menu strings are translated, the save files and their descriptions need translated still), and then the Audio Dramas and some additional graphics. Below are some examples of the text that's translated so far:

GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0081.png
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0082.png
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0060.png
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0077.png

GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0078.png

GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0067.png
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0040.png
1788844221049.png
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0049.png


Joqu has been hard at work getting the Mini game graphics translated, here are some early versions he sent me inserted into the game:
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0075.png
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0076.png

GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0074.png
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0073.png
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0072.png
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0071.png

GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0070.png
 

Attachments

  • 1788844224029.png
    1788844224029.png
    82.7 KB · Views: 0
  • GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0041.png
    GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0041.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 0
So a couple more updates. I was able to get more of the speed eating mini game graphics translated:
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0083.png
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0084.png
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0086.png

I also have a rough draft of the Baal's Counterattack mini game inserted:
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0089.png


More importantly though, I've been able to successfully prototype a way to do subtitles for the audio dramas:
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0094.png


This was pretty much the last technical hurdle to overcome. At this point it's mostly getting the last bits of the 1st draft of the script inserted, as well as getting the remaining translated graphics inserted as they're completed. After that I'll most likely be ready for closed alpha testing. This will be a closed test and I'll most likely be reaching out to people in the Grandia fan community to participate. The reason for this is I'd like to make sure everything is correct and consistent lore wise with the script as well as making sure character's lines are consistent with their personality.
 
So a couple more updates. I was able to get more of the speed eating mini game graphics translated:
View attachment 13272View attachment 13273View attachment 13274
I also have a rough draft of the Baal's Counterattack mini game inserted:
View attachment 13275

More importantly though, I've been able to successfully prototype a way to do subtitles for the audio dramas:
View attachment 13276

This was pretty much the last technical hurdle to overcome. At this point it's mostly getting the last bits of the 1st draft of the script inserted, as well as getting the remaining translated graphics inserted as they're completed. After that I'll most likely be ready for closed alpha testing. This will be a closed test and I'll most likely be reaching out to people in the Grandia fan community to participate. The reason for this is I'd like to make sure everything is correct and consistent lore wise with the script as well as making sure character's lines are consistent with their personality.
So a couple more updates. I was able to get more of the speed eating mini game graphics translated:
View attachment 13272View attachment 13273View attachment 13274
I also have a rough draft of the Baal's Counterattack mini game inserted:
View attachment 13275

More importantly though, I've been able to successfully prototype a way to do subtitles for the audio dramas:
View attachment 13276

This was pretty much the last technical hurdle to overcome. At this point it's mostly getting the last bits of the 1st draft of the script inserted, as well as getting the remaining translated graphics inserted as they're completed. After that I'll most likely be ready for closed alpha testing. This will be a closed test and I'll most likely be reaching out to people in the Grandia fan community to participate. The reason for this is I'd like to make sure everything is correct and consistent lore wise with the script as well as making sure character's lines are consistent with their personality.
Jesus… When I look up the word "genius" in the dictionary, it gives me a link to this website.
 
I figured I'd post an update. Most of Joqu's graphical edits are now inserted into the game, including some fixes for earlier graphics:
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0127.png
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0130.png
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0133.png
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0135.png

GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0136.png
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0137.png

GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0138.png
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0111.png


Wiredcrackpot has also finished translating the monster book descriptions, so those are now implemented as well:
GRANDIA DIGITAL MUSEUM-0109.png

What remains untranslated currently is the Audio Dramas, the Save File importer save file names and descriptions, a few lines in Sue's mini game, some Japanese graphics in a few of the mini games, and the credits. As a result the game is now officially in closed Alpha Testing as of last Friday. I have about 6 members of the Grandia Discord community acting as lore experts playing through the game. As a result some bugs have been caught and fixed already as well as a few context/consistency issues cleared up.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top