Translating Grandia

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

lhalves2018

It just frooze on me im using the new patch and palying on Medafen.
But its ok i have a dual core 1,8 and its slow but its not because of that i Know.
Thank you very much.

gamer_7601

Just a quick, somewhat unrelated, question.

Would the project of decensoring the HD Remaster (PC) also find a home here?
I kind of jumped the gun a bit. Did some (obviously not enough) testing by editing one of the files containing the games text and it all worked (somehow). So I went through the game and through the text files, collecting samples of what I knew was censored or what I suspected to be (also some typos). Then I had someone translate it. But after editing the files the game will softlock when displaying text sooner or later.

I guess some hex editing or something is required, but I don't have the skills to do this. So if there's interest I can at least provide a corrected translation. There are very likely things that flew under my radar, but at least nobody will drink coffee until you get to Zil Padon.
And in the end you could also add those changes to the Saturn version.

I attached a sample of the HD Remasters language files.

Attachments

I was going to look into that at some point, but there's a few more pressing matters I want to get sorted out first. I've just been busy helping out with the Sakura Wars translation at the moment. The tools I made can do the bulk of the work in converting PS1 script data to the Saturn format, there's just some areas where control codes are different which is what causes those crashes.

Jackafur

yea the retail copy of the game does the same thing unfortunately. If I get another saturn i'll report back but for now it just seems its just my old model 1 saturn acting up. i hooked up a multimeter to the rf and ground on the optical drive and the voltages seemed pretty reasonable. 3.18 with the game running.

thanks for the suggestion but ive tried 2 different drives at their slowest speeds on 2 different kinds of media including jvc silvers. also like i mentioned it looks like a retail version of the game acts the same on my saturn.
so I have an update on this whole situation. I ended up getting a refurbished/recapped saturn because I wasnt up for recapping my saturn. Every thing works fine now even with pseudo saturn kai. Not sure what the actual problem was but it was definitely an issue with my original saturn.

Last edited:

ubik

Curious, does anybody else experience FMVs being cut short and ending prematurely?

Curious, does anybody else experience FMVs being cut short and ending prematurely?
This is usually a burn issue. A bad burn due to either a bad rip, burning at the wrong speed, poor quality media, etc. tends to result in more missed reads, which isn't good for something streaming.