VGA Box

I have noticed some frizzyness when using a pass through, but otherwise no trouble, as far as durability, mine seems fine, but I am not sure "how durable" it is. the other thing, which is obvious, some games don't support the VGA adapter, just FYI. Hope this is helpful.

I understand that, but would you be using the dc, and the pc simultaeously? Once you turn it off, the monitor is fine again, I noticed a little distortion too, it could just be my monitor... because I tried this same vga adapter at home, on a 17' flat screen samsung monitor, and I tried it at work on an 18' samsung monitor, so maybe its the monitor or something else at play here.

when you turn what off? the DC?

I'd probably do this:

1) Be using my PC

2) Feel like playing some DC, so start that up without turning off PC.

3) Finshing playing DC and turn the DC off

4) Switch back to using my PC

exactly, if you turn the DC off, after use you won't notice anything , or any problems... if this is what your doing, you'll be fine.

as far as reliabilty goes. it's a plastic box with a circut board in it. there's not really anything to break if you don't get it wet or run over it

Originally posted by sizone@Sep 30, 2003 @ 07:43 PM

as far as reliabilty goes. it's a plastic box with a circut board in it. there's not really anything to break if you don't get it wet or run over it

well would the connections get really loose after plug/unpluging it a lot?

I'm sick of gadgets that cost under $20 and break after 8 months so you have to go out and buy a new one

I've had that same naki one for over a year and a half now. No problems and still works great. Playing ikaruga on a flat panel lcd on it's side is pretty nice.

ehnn, vga connectors are pretty solid, spent about 3 months swapping 2-3 times a day between d.c. and p.c. and it has yet to show any real wear. you shouldn't ever need to pull the rca plugs out (not usually as solid anyway). yes, ikaruga in vertical screen mode is AWSOME (even on a funky 15' mon that's got wavy color patterns from siting RIGHT in front of my right channel speaker)

What's the difference between a DC VGA box and a DC VGA cable?

Does the DC VGA box/cable uses PC speakers or hi-fi stereo for sound?

Anyone know where I can get a Naki Performance VGA box. I looked them up on ebay but there seems to be none at the moment. I did a Yahoo search but I only find reviews and a link back too here. Anyone have any ideas ?

What's the difference between a DC VGA box and a DC VGA cable?

They're both boxes, really, it's just that the "cable" has a very small box inline. Usually "boxes" have extra connectors so that they can pass through a signal from a PC and/or can switch to a composite output for games that don't support VGA (personally I prefer a VGA/RGB switch, but that requires a monitor with unusually wide hsync tolerance). Otherwise they're essentially the same thing; all the important stuff is done by the PVR's RAMDAC anyway, that's why some games don't support it.

Does the DC VGA box/cable uses PC speakers or hi-fi stereo for sound?

Yeah, there's usually a 1/8" line-out jack for computer speakers.

yes, ikaruga in vertical screen mode is AWSOME

It is not merely awesome, it is mandatory. Playing it in horizontal is simply unconscionable. :rant

It is not merely awesome, it is mandatory. Playing it in horizontal is simply unconscionable.

I just ordered Donpachi and Dodonpachi for my Saturn, now I gotta figure out some way of doing tate with those suckers.

I'm still trying to find a VGA box that allows both my PC and DC to be hooked up at the same time and switch between the two. I don't want to have to swap cables all the time. The only display I have in my apartment is my CRT monitor. (I'm going minimalistic) :)

Can anybody pass along a good link?

And while you're feeding links if someone could shoot me a link to a VGA that has an S-Video switch, I'd be VERY grateful! = )

So I can hook up both VGA and S-Video to my HDTV for the few games that won't output VGA.

~Krelian

Actually I should be certain of one other thing...

The Toshiba 30HF83 has a DVI input, if I used a standard DVI/VGA Adapter would a DC VGA Adapter still work?

~Krelian

It would be quite easy to build or modify one to do that racketboy ,with some basic soldering abilities and a bit of thinking...I am certain that there are boxes out there that could do that though,you are probably not looking hard enough ;)

i got one of HAIS VGA box and I hooked up to PDP using its VGA connection as well as S-Video. from memory I paid something like $20 or so for new box set two years ago...

for hooking both DC and VGA monitor I've heard there is one but the passthru quality isn't that great. I did look around for alternative and only thing I found was Y adaptor that was used to hook up two monitor to single PC but the adaptor cost almost $80 which was bit too high... :p

cheers

Back