Virtua Fighter

Originally posted by link343@Sep 21, 2004 @ 11:28 AM

The Game that made Yu Suzuki famous. :)

I'm sure Yu Suzuki was known for a game or two before Virtua Fighter.

I think most people here agree with me on that VF2 is the best in the series, but still part 1 is very nice to play once in a while :) Of course it's simple in graphics and moves, but just the atmosphere it breathes...it totally blew everyone away 10 years ago! Soundtrack is still awesome btw :D

Hmm... I haven't played the Saturn version, but I have the 32X game and I play that fairly often. It's a pretty fun game to just pull out and kill some time with once in awhile. For being one of the first 3d games out there, the animation is astoundingly good! The AI is really good compared to most of the fighting games of the time as well. The only thing I don't really like is the extreme floatyness of the jumps (which has been reduced somewhat in every subsequent release).

I have fond memories of playing this game when it first was released in the arcades. At that time, everyone was playing Mortal Kombat, but there was a small, dedicated core of people playing VF. I remember coming home with my eyes glazed over several times over the course of the summer. ;)

Heh...

Good ol' VF. :thumbs-up:

This was my second VF, as VF2 was the first one I had played in the arcade. It was weird going from VF2 to the original.

This was the game I bought my 32x for. If I could have just one 32x game, this would be it.

Many people prefer the 32x version over the Sat version, but I gotta go with the Sat version myself, due to the much better graphics. Arena clipping problems aside, it's better than the 32x version. I bet the 32x could handle an arcade perfect port, but Sega kept the polygon count down, to keep the framerate high.

For some odd reason, I keep going back to this version moreso than VF3. Maybe it's the fact I feel so limited with Sarah in VF3. I dunno....

As for my one Saturn game... Hm... VF2 or FMM? Tough choice. FMM is technically VF3 on the Saturn, so that's a plus right there....

I know i know! Make VF Remix next week! Or how about VF Animation? ;) :hehehe:

But there was a small, dedicated core of people playing VF.

:thumbs-up:

Back