ATi RADEON 9700 PRO

Philips PSC705 5.1

Altec Lansing 251 5.1

20" Nanao T2-20

17" TTX crap

LiteOn LDW-451S DVD+-R 4x DVD+RW 4x DVD-RW 2x CD-R 40x CD-RW 24x

Shitty MS Sidewinder USB

POS Beige Case

One of them new-fangled optical rodents!

A CueCat™ :D (only useful as a case light)

The ever-present 3.5" floppy drive

Infocus X1 DLP Projector (for movies/gaming of course :cool: )

http://ape.angrymuffin.com/junk/computer.jpg (i don't use that shitty screen anymore, i just use the wall ;) )

Just pulled my sk7 heatsink off my 2600+, cleaned the dust out of it, and switched out the orange death mega fan of deafness volcano 9 cool mod fan, and put in a panaflo, I've dropped approx 15degrees in temp and cut the noise down to about 2/3 or maybe even 1/2.

After I finish this move I'm gonna buy a couple barton 2500+'s and run my system dually, at that point I plan on replacing all the fans in my pc with panaflo's to help with noise.

I use Vantec Stealth fans in my case (that's lined with Akasa Acoustic Dampening Mat) with a 420W Vantec Stealth PSU and a Vantec AeroFlow heatsink and it all comes off nice and quiet (as was the theme of my box), although if they made TMD fans in 80mm instead of the akward 70mm specification I'd use those for case fans as well...

~Krelian

Guess I never got around to posting mine:

Main Workstation:

Intel Pentium 4 2.4Ghz 800Mhz Bus

Intel Desktop Board D875PBZ

1GB Crucial RAM

120GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 7200RPM 8MB Cache Hard Drive

Matrox G400TV Video Card

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card

Samsung DVD Drive

NEC 8X Dual-Format DVD Burner

NEC 19 inch CRT Monitor

File/MP3 Server:

Intel Pentium 166Mhz

128MB RAM

120GB Seagate Barracuda V 7200RPM 2MB Cache Hard Drive

Creative Sound Blaster AWE64

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe

Athlon 3200+ (Overclocked 2500+)

Zalman CNPS 7000A-Cu

1024mb DDR PC3200PRO Corsair ram

Pioneer 106 DVD-RW

Antec Sonata case

Radeon 9600 (to be replaced by a 9800XT?)

2 x 200GB Seagate 7200.7 drives

VisionPlus Digital Terrestrial TV card

It's taken me a while, but I'm slowly getting there. :)

I'm looking to get a Sapphire Radeon 9800XT Ultimate Edition, but they don't seem to be out yet.

Now I've got to make the big transition from my 1GHz PIII to the new box. :blink:

I haven't really run it hard yet, but I'll be putting it to the test tonight.

I'll be doing some video editing and encoding, so that should tax things a little.

Aspire X-Alien Aluminum Server Case +420w Power Supply

Samsung SyncMaster 753df (1280x1024)

ASUS A7N8X Deluxe

AMD Athlon XP 'Barton' 2600+ (1.9 Ghz, 333Mhz FSB)

Mushkin 512MB PC3200 DDR-RAM

ATI Radeon 9600 Pro

Samsung 160GB Hard Drive (7200RPM, 8MB Buffer)

Lite-On CD-RW Drive (Write 52x/32x, Read 52x, 2MB Buffer)

Pioneer DVD-RW 106

Bah, no temperature testing for me. :angry:

I only installed the 2 x 200GB discs yesterday (I'd been running on a 10 and a 20 just to play with the DTV card) and the Win 98 installer kept bitching about me having NTFS partitions, even though they I wasn't going near them. It took some stuffing around, but I got there. When it came to installing Win 2k I had no problems.

I hope to give it a good run tonight. :)

After being kinda idle (just watching some mpgs) it was

CPU : 41C

case: 28C

After over 1 hour of video encoding (100% cpu usage)

CPU : 43C

case : 29C

I've got the Zalman heat sink's fan running about 2000 RPM.

Those are pretty good temps mal. 2000RPM on the Zalman is a little less than full speed. I guess you are using the Asus PC Probe for temps? If you are, that program will only give you the socket temperature of the CPU, not the die temp. Get MBM5 and you can read both. :)

Actual CPU temps will be a few degrees warmer.

Yeah, I've been using Asus probe.

I'll check out MBM. :thumbs-up:

Your PC is vaguely similar... what are your temps?

Non-loaded stable temp is about 41-43C (CPU), or 37-39 (socket). Under 100% load for some hours (I run Folding@home), the CPU shoots up to a maximum of 51C, or about 46C for the socket. I'm running the Zalman, but at the lowest speed or about 1400RPM. All this on a stock 2500+.

I noticed a considerable rise in temps after I installed the 9800 Pro. This thing is hot and contributes to the overall case temps. I also don't have very good ventillation, despite running two case fans (admittedly at about half their native voltage).

I run at about 39-40 idle and about 44-45 running full cpu for quite awile. All this on stock cooling but I have an Antec fullsize case, so tonz of ventilation. It only has the 2 stock fans though :-\. Oh ya, I am running a 2500+ OC'd to a 3200+. I was quite happy in the fact that when I OC'd it, it didn;t jump too high in temp. Very nice :).

I'm stuck with using Asus Probe for the time being. I can't work out how to set the CPU diode in MBM.

I need to sleep. Perhaps it will make more sense tomorrow.

I have, however, dropped the fan speed a little and set folding@home going and will see how it's running when in the morning.

Back