What games have you bought lately?

Picked up Shadow of the Colossus last week. Great, great game, I highly recommend it. It's so nice to play a 'cinematic' game that doesn't have a lame plot and hackneyed dialog (I'm looking at you, MGS).

Today was my lucky day!

This big really happy jamaican guy at my work that is overly nice overheard I was a big SEGA fan a few weeks back and said he was gonna give me his Genny collection. Well today he brought it in and I followed him to his car expecting a publix bag of some games.

The guy opens his trunk to a garbage bag... GARBAGE BAG of boxed genny games! Some I already owned, but still for FREE!

Eternal Champions

Batman Returns

X-Men

Jammit

Streets of Rage 2

Cyborg Justice

Bulls vs. Blazers

Stargate

Ecco 1

Jungle Book

Aladdin

Sonic 1

Judge Dredd

Global Gladiators

Jurassic Park

Alien 3

Lotus 2

Pro Quarterback

TMNT Huperstone Heist

TMNT Tournament Fighters

Olympics Gold

T2 Arcade

Taz-Mania

Lion King

Jungle Strike

Cool Spot

Kid Chameleon

World of Illusions

Samurai Showdown

YEY!

Wow, what a nice fella, god knows I wouldn't do the same.

Games I just bought:

Mario Kart DS

It's awesome.. haven't gotten to play it online yet, finding 4opponents is proving tough since it just came out, but I imagine it's just going to get more fun.

I bought Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime 2 recently.

MP2 didn't catch my interest, though I had played it for 10 minutes so far. I'm sure it will grow on me, as I loved the first game.

RE4 is totally amazing. After getting used to the 'new' camera angle it's really easy (and fun) to play, no struggling with the controls or anything. And like others have said it's one of the best looking games on the GC.

Personally, I like taking out all the Ganado first by finding a good place to hide and pick them off, then run wild through the area, looting everything in sight. :)

I just picked up Carmegeddon 64 (for the Nintendo 64), got it for 4.99, not too shabby, been looking for that one for quite some time now.

Recently picked up:

Taito Legends (PS2) -- Pretty good compilation, but the games picked are questionable. Most of them are quite good, but there are about 4 lightgun style-games (which can't be played with a lightgun), whereas games like Cadash, the Darius series, and the Arkanoid series were omitted entirely. Hopefully this will be rectified on the next compilation, since for right now, it looks like the US and Europe got the short end of the stick. The compilation also doesn't seem to like digital joysticks, meaning I can't use my Hori Real Arcade Pro, which sucks majorly. It is damn awesome playing Rastan on my TV though, so thumbs up.

Killer7 (Gamecube) -- Wow, this game is interesting. The gameplay seems a little skewed at times, but the plot definitely has me going and the art direction is amazing. Unfortunately my copy seems to have some loading issues on some points, but so far its been nothing that a reset or two won't cure.

Rez (PS2) -- Still one of the greatest games ever. I got the trance vibrator, so I had to get the PS2 version even though I already have the DC version. Each version has its advantages, but at this point I'd probably nudge the advantage towards the PS2 version, as it runs a little smoother, has the trance vibrator, and looks almost as good as the DC version does in VGA when you use component cables.

Sangokushi III (Romance and the three kingdoms 3) for the sega mega cd system. It's not a rare or expensive title, but I've been kinda wanting to get it for awhile. I only have a few more simulation games to get (sim earth, third world war, tenka fubu, hiri ishii's political simulation, winning post - maybe one or two more)

:rockin: [attachmentid=1760]

Attachments

• arcadelegends.jpg
    arcadelegends.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 155
No new console games lately, but I did get three PC games: 11th hour, beyond divinity, and lionheart: legacy of the crusader.

It's not a game, but well, I bought an HD component and digital audio adapter for the XBOX.. After buying it, I didn't realize not many xbox games have support for higher resolutions than 480p, but I hope that it looks better on a HI-DEF TV than normal 480i.

High Speed: world's #1 pinball for the NES system. Well, at least it's a game this time. It's one I didn't have in my collection!

call of duty 2 on the xbox 360 i'm contemplating buying marval ultimate alliance when it comes out but i dont know looks like it might suck(just it'd be cool to play as all those characters)

Back