What is your preferred saturn pad?

Originally posted by chainsmoker@Oct. 09 2002, 11:47 pm

SaturnHF.jpg
High Frequency (30 KB)

Here it is. If you see one, give it a shot. I loved the little generic bastard.

That looks very similar to the model 2.
tongue.gif

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata+Oct. 10 2002, 12:30 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MasterAkumaMatata @ Oct. 10 2002, 12:30 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-chainsmoker@Oct. 09 2002, 11:47 pm

SaturnHF.jpg
High Frequency (30 KB)

Here it is. If you see one, give it a shot. I loved the little generic bastard.

That looks very similar to the model 2.
tongue.gif
[/b][/quote]

And also to Mega Drive/Genesis six button pad.

Interestingly,from 96 up now i seling six Saturn console (Jap model 1, Jap model 2, Euro model 2 and three US model 2) and have one US model 2, but in any console i don't have a model 1 pad (only model 2/1 in Japan and Nights conroller). But form what i feel by now this is the best controler for fighting and platforms games ever.

PS. Wich one is more heavy, US model 1 or US model 2?

Yeah, it feels the same to hold, but it's the D pad that seems to feel better, and I argue that it rolls better for attacks in street fighter sort games, and is overall more responsive (in terms of the pad). Less hand fatigue + similar shape = I prefer it over the stock saturn pads. However I do like the analog knob over this if the game controls warrant and support. If you see one it will probably be relatively cheap and it's worth a look. Of course these things are very subjective
smile.gif

Back