what these...?

i was just wondering what kind of files are *.001 , *.002 , *.003... i see more and more games in these archives, are these rar files? if not what do i need to extract them?

those are rar files. when u dl them all, open the .rar file and extract it. those are just segments of the files within the rar, and it wont work without all the files.

*.001 = *.rar

*.002 = *.r00

*.003 = *.r01

*.004 = *.r02

and so on....

• Drag and drop the *.001 file into an open WinRAR window and extract.
  • If you have WinRAR in your SendTo folder, then right click on the *.001 file, SendTo, and choose WinRAR to open it too.
  • Lastly, you can associate *.001 files with WinRAR. Double click on the *.001 file and it'll ask you what application to use to open it, just choose WinRAR in the list of installed applications and make sure the checkbox for "Always use this program to open these files" is checked before clicking on OK.

Better yet, just click the first rar file, hold shift, then click the last file, and then extract. They will all extract at the same time then.

Originally posted by BigDAlcala@July 19 2002, 5:00 am

Better yet, just click the first rar file, hold shift, then click the last file, and then extract. They will all extract at the same time then.

Not really, all you need is to open the first file (i.e., the *.001 file) to extract. There is no need to select the rest of the files to extract.

if u ever opened one of the files, they all seem to have the same contents, i once thought i downloaded bomberman 7 times lol

Haha i remember trying to help you with that but you couldn't see what i was talking about. lol.
biggrin.gif

Back