What video games are you playing at the moment?

Originally posted by Darsh@Jun 11, 2004 @ 08:47 AM

-Marvel vs Capcom 2 (my save got deleted so I have to get everything all over again)

One Piece owns!

Have fun unlocking everything again. Muahahahaha! If it was for the DC, you could easily download one... either directly or via a memory unit that has a link cable.

One Piece? Hmm, was that the silly one with the pirates? Never played the games, but the anime struck me as, umm, intended for a younger age group?

Grandia II for PC

Virtua Tennis for PC

I have both those games for DC, so why am I playing the PC versions
icon14.gif
:huh :D

Originally posted by racketboy@Jun 12, 2004 @ 12:31 AM

Just a thought -- anyone can feel free to submit game reviews of the games they are playing :D

Will you accept 3 word reviews? :D If so, here are my reviews for the above two games:

Grandia II (PC) - Wow, cool effects! :thumbs-up:

Virtua Tennis (PC) - Fun fun fun!

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Jun 11, 2004 @ 05:24 PM

Have fun unlocking everything again. Muahahahaha! If it was for the DC, you could easily download one... either directly or via a memory unit that has a link cable.

One Piece? Hmm, was that the silly one with the pirates? Never played the games, but the anime struck me as, umm, intended for a younger age group?

Yeah, but nobody I know has everything unlocked. It was always me who was that guy heh heh.

One Piece is great for everybody. The games are awesome! My fav games for GC are those two OP games. You should look into the manga or the episodes. Even though sadly it just got purchased for US release. So no more fan subs from Kaizoku Fansubs. The manga is all over the places translated so check it out.

Originally posted by Darsh@Jun 12, 2004 @ 05:00 AM

Yeah, but nobody I know has everything unlocked. It was always me who was that guy heh heh.

One Piece is great for everybody. The games are awesome! My fav games for GC are those two OP games. You should look into the manga or the episodes. Even though sadly it just got purchased for US release. So no more fan subs from Kaizoku Fansubs. The manga is all over the places translated so check it out.

I actually meant download from the internet. As for One Piece, I drew my conclusion after watching the first several episodes. I decided I didn't really want to see any more. I have not read the manga, nor played the games, which is why I didn't have any thoughts on them.

it290: Think "I'll take your word for it." Something along those lines.

Im playing tony hawk underground

THe grapihics are much improved over part 4 (this game is the best thing ive ever seen while playing in 720p ,) the gameplay and music arnt as i see less bonus/power up type things and less freedom to choose levels and missions . Theres a less familiar soundtrack with many bands Ive never even heard of ...but more songs to choose from . Part 4 soundtrack magically was what I had on my computers playlist 2+ years ago . On the plus side the storyline is slightley more compelling and has more than just skateboarding . Id would have never thought id be playing a skateboarding game as all the other games and past boards games failed to draw me in . I give it a 9/10 sorry im reviewing a 5 month old game underground 2 is allready out .

Originally posted by M3d10n@Jun 11, 2004 @ 01:09 PM

Gotta rent Sonic Heroes if I come by some cash

do yourself a favour and DONT. it licks nuts.

Sonic Adventure DX :thumbs-up:

well i spose if u haven't played it a RENTAL would be ok...

yeh im still getting over my dissapointment on this one. I expected the gameplay to be on level with if not surpassing that of Sonic Adventure but sadly, no.

anyway about what i'm playing (shit this thread is OLD)

just completed MGS2:Substance.

playing bubble bobble, after burner, altered beast and mortal kombat 2.

Originally posted by WiseMan@Jun 12, 2004 @ 12:41 PM

do yourself a favour and DONT. it licks nuts.

Sonic Adventure DX :thumbs-up:

well i spose if u haven't played it a RENTAL would be ok...

yeh im still getting over my dissapointment on this one. I expected the gameplay to be on level with if not surpassing that of Sonic Adventure but sadly, no.

I really disliked Sonic Adventure.

Level design was really disappointing, everything felt unbalanced and like it was thrown together. The "adventure" ascept felt really out of place, and I really hated how there was little to no gameplay in some levels (you hardly ever got to actually do something other than push foward in Emerald Beach - and during the whole wahle scene you don't really have to push *any* buttom), and when there was some actual gameplay, it was either badly executed or plain buggy (the ruins level anyone?). The whole game feels like a prototype.

The only levels I really enjoyed playing were the Wind Mountain (even if it is way too short) and the final battle against Perfect Chaos.

Wrapping up, SA felt cheesy and cheap for me, and even the SMS Sonic games had better level design. I only played the DX demo, but Emeral Coast seemed the *very same* level. Camera still got stuck in some places, the whale part is still a simple cutscene and the only difference I saw were some higher res textures and the characters had more polygons to them.

SA2, on the other hand, was plain awesome. All levels well done (with the expection of Rouge levels' - they all had some sort of annoyance, design flaw or small bugs), most of them being fun to play over and over again, they implemented multiply paths (but there could be more), camera hardly got in the way, and gameplay elements actually worked properly.

If SH takes the same approach as SA2, maybe I'll like it.

I have played these PS2 games

Simpsons Skateboarding

WWE Smackdown Here Comes The Pain

WWE Smackdown Shut Your Mouth

Soul Calibur II

Dead Or Alive 2 - Hardcore

King Of Fighters 00/01

Just started up Illusion of Gaia for SNES...pretty decent so far. Hopefully it'll get a lil more involved though, the story is kinda weak so far. It's Enix so I have faith...

Working on a borrowed Final Fantasy X-2.. just finished Chapter 2 today.

Also working on Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter off and on...

And I've been playing a hell of a lot of Shining Soul II.

Back