What video games are you playing at the moment?

Sid Meier's Pirates! ... I played this game until 5am last night. I haven't done that for a loooong time. It's almost like they took the original Pirates! and fused it with the soul of a Cinemaware game. :)

Otogi - Myth of Demons - XBOX - Pal

Great atmosphere,great music.Japanese mythology.Pure magic!

And of course more Panzer Dragoon Orta...

and i think later in the night i'll play some Panzer Dragoon Zwei..

Will be another great SEGA gaming day i think!:)

Just beat MGS/MGS: Twin Snakes for the sixth time (Three times Twin Snakes, three times MGS).

Time for a seventh! :p

Originally posted by Supergrom@Thu, 2004-12-02 @ 05:22 PM

minesweeper :eek:

LOL. My buddy is a recovering minesweeper addict. Ah who am I kidding, he's probably playing minesweeper right now... :p

Ninja Gaiden - XBOX

I finished it on normal,and im missing only one golden scarab!Im going to play on HARD and then on VERY HARD!And im going to get Master Ninja packs soon..Its addictive,its awesome,its masterpiece,its everything..

Thank you Temco,thank you Ninja team!

Back to Ninja Gaiden again...

Originally posted by Kisou@Sat, 2004-12-04 @ 05:58 AM

The games I'm currently playing right now are:

Xenogears (PSX)

[post=125113]Quoted post[/post]​

I'd like to know how far you get before just giving up from boredom.

God I despise that game...

Yeah, I know it's a trying game. Even I get annoyed with it a lot.

Eg. Restart boss battle - 50 lines of text before hand.

Final Fantasy 2, a la the new GBA compilation. It's damn irritating compared to the others in the series, as there is no experience to gain. It's more like GTA:SA, in that the more you use a weapon or spell, the more proficient you become in its use. The more damage you take, the more HP you gain, the more you get hit, the more your agility and defense go up. Or something.

But it's still ass compared to 1 or 4.

How does it compare to the PS version. I've got that and was debatin g if it was worth picking up for the new stuff.

As for Xenogears, it rocks. I've finished the game and loved it. One of my favorite RPG's.

Well, here are the imrovements to FF1 since the NES version. Never played the PSX remake or the WSC version.

--- Obviously better visuals. Everything still looks the same, but much better. If you know the NES version inside and out, you'll notice all the enemies are in the same poses, just illustrated better. For instance, the trolls still look like they have migraines. Spell effects are easily of FF4 quality. Attacks are longer than two frames. There are even a few cinematics, like when you get the bridge built or raise the airship.

--- The text makes more sense, as do the enemies' names. Some of the dialogue has been lengthened or otherwise made better. WARMECH is called DEATH MACHINE once again. All the Nintendo censorship of old is toast.

Dead horse is gone. Party members automatically target a random enemy if their original target is killed before their turn. That was easily the most annoying part of the original version.

--- There were a few odd changes... Like no silver equipment in the elf town, and Matoya's got some sass. The dwarves are all scottish now, but one of them greets you in the FF dwarven way, Lali Ho! Cool.

--- They also added bonus dungeons with cool rewards for beating the new bosses... But JESUS! The Soul of Air dungeon is like 40 FLOORS DEEP! With multiple bosses at the bottom of each dungeon, you have to make four runs through the whole thing to get all the bonus items.

--- Hey hey, everyone's favorite octopus shows up as a bonus boss, and he's all set to jam up the opera, kekeke.... That's right, Ultros is ready to kick some light warrior ass.

--- From what little I've played of FF2 for Famicom, I can tell the current remake is far better.

If I weren't eating ramen for dinner, I'd buy it. It does no disservice to the originals. Easily one of the top five GBA games available, definitely THE purchase if you have any love for RPGs. Metal Slug takes the Contra crown. Minish Cap would kick major ass, but it's kinda short... and that kinstone shit is royally tedious.

I've been playing Syndicate on one of the Macs at work.

Even 10 years on it's an awesome game. :)

Originally posted by mal@Mon, 2004-12-06 @ 09:01 AM

I've been playing Syndicate on one of the Macs at work.

Even 10 years on it's an awesome game. :)

[post=125307]Quoted post[/post]​

Syndicate was fun - I was first acquainted with it on the SNES, and it left many fond memories. Well, actually, I first saw Syndicate Plus for PC around the time it was released, but barely played it - the SNES version i've played quite a lot though :) I've played the 3DO version also, but that was nothing like the SNES version - perhaps it's a port of the PC version (or vise-versa)? I didn't like it that much...

Ahh, Syndicate nostalgia!

Oh, yeah - the topic :lol: Played 2 matches of Worms (Saturn) today, and won both (against 2 teams). Booyah! Still gotta get better at grenades and bazookas (with wind) - the computer is the biggest show off! :p :p

Ah yes, Syndicate is great. I find the Mac version nearly unplayable with a 1-button mouse, though. Also, it runs choppy on my machine for some reason (it's a 240mhz G3, so you'd think it would run just fine).

Syndicate Wars is a good game as well... I'd love to see another sequel, but Molyneux needs to get his act together first.

I'm replaying stupid, stupid Ninja Gaiden on Very Hard.

Stupid, stupid game. Why can't I stop playing it? This is my sixth time for the love of God! And I'm stuck on the last Fiend Challenge, the one near the bridge. I managed to get up to 99 fiends before dying. :rant

Originally posted by it290@Tue, 2004-12-07 @ 03:20 AM

Ah yes, Syndicate is great.  I find the Mac version nearly unplayable with a 1-button mouse, though.  Also, it runs choppy on my machine for some reason (it's a 240mhz G3, so you'd think it would run just fine).

[post=125318]Quoted post[/post]​

I actually prefer the one button mouse.

I find it's easier to click one mouse button and press a key than to press both mouse buttons at once. *shrug*

It runs choppy on a G3? that's really odd because I was playing it on a 200MHz 604 and it ran fine. Well, maybe it ran a little slow on the Atlantic Accelerator when you get rushed by dozens of enemy agents...

Playing Coker's Bad Fur Day and Zelda: Majora's Mask (both of which I never played properly before).

Both are being awesome. There's some good humour in Conker, behind all the overbloated teenage-y goryness and scatology.

And I really didn't know MM. I didn't know it was THAT different than OOT. It is awesome to not be the center of the world: I love the fact the world and characters have more deep to them, everything feels more convincing and alive. And it's freakin' HARD I tell ya! 'Tis a game that will not grab your hand and take you for a walk. Even saving is harder now! I like a good challenege every once and then.

Back