Whats the best/worst present you've ever received?

dibz

Boss
Staff member
Saw a thread like this on minitokyo, looked fun. Personally for this Birthday (yesterday..) my dog died, I was shorted over $600 on my paycheck, my kid stomped my nose in, and I got an overdraft on my checkbook. All was good recently until my birthday came up. Although since this is a thread on presents, my worst was definately when I got an oversized/novelty Tootsie Roll for christmas when I was a little kid and my brother got a 3do (at the time they were new/$700). They didn't have any money left to get me something nice and figured I would just play with his present.

On the other hand, I should _hopefully_ be getting a DS Lite via UPS today from my parents + brother, and me wife is going to get me a game for it. So that would be on the plus side.

:bike:

Probably the best present I ever got was when I was a kid my parents bought me the Autobot City for Christmas. The original Transformers one, not the crappy Transformers thats out now.

A couple years later while trying to get it to transform I broke it in half by accident. Boy was I devastated.

I can't really say which is the best present I've ever gotten, as I've gotten so many good, expensive gifts over the years...

The worst present was when I was a kid, I got an incomplete train set. My grandmother apparently got it at a yard sale and had no way of telling if it was all there, but it was missing quite a bit of pieces. So, I threw it away.

Next to the worst ones.. for a long time, also when I was younger, my father would buy me a new cassette deck each year... I didn't want or need one, and now I hate cassettes because of it.

Malakai said:
I can't really say which is the best present I've ever gotten, as I've gotten so many good, expensive gifts over the years...

Same here.

I wanna say my MegaDrive back in Christmas 1990, as that was my first console. I also want to say my N64 for my birthday in 1997 (As that's what officially got me addicted to gaming). Then again, after years of dreaming, I finally got a Nomad for Christmas 2003.

Do "gifts" for yourself count? :p I mean, I bought a GameCube and right games with all my Christmas money in 2003, and also bought all the Resident Evils for GameCube (2, Nemesis, CODE: Veronica) with my graduation money (May 2005).

As for worst... Hm... Can't really think of one. Though I did get two copies of Parasite Eve II back in 2000. My step-brother knew how much I loved the original, and I had put it at the top of my Christmas list as well... That was the first time that's ever happened to me.

Hm.. I just realized there's no "tongue sticking out" emoticon.

The best gift I got was SNES. My parents had forbid me to have videogames and I plaed NES at all my friends houses and intellivision at my grandparents... I didn't even know SNES was in existance. Then bam, my grandparents snuck it in behind my parents back on Christmas. That's what started the downfall in my life to videogames.

Worst gift was one I actually was hoping to get. It was this robot that would transform, fire weapons, and move by voice command. The catch? It didn't understand a word I said, so I would just shout at it while it did nothing. While my father could casually say something a few feet from it and it would work.

voicebot_P1010023_masked_col_adj_5x6.jpg

The Best gift Ive got video game related would have to be my Gamecube. Other than that, it would have to be my iPod. The best gift I've bought my self would have to be my Dreamcast.

The worst gift Ive gotten was my first cell phone. It was a piece of crap! There wernt any games on there other than tetris, which by the way, got really boring. But now its gone and replaced by my new razr.

I got a fruit basket for my birthday one year from my parents. I was probably in middle school at the time.

Back