What's your username mean?

Nasty accident while I was running a commercial hot asphalt roofing crew in Phoenix back in 95. Sent me to the burn unit for awhile.

Bout 3 years ago i needed a mystical name for IRC that made me sound a bit evil or crooked lol So i came up with this.

I actually changed my nick on irc for bout a month a while back but people got shitty with me and said how much they liked my old nick better, so it looks like its here to stay.

Means I'm a lameass
smile.gif

I have used Exeter on the internet for over 10 years.  This nick is my salute to all the fuckheads that call themselves 133+...   I proudly anounce I'm a lamer.

My nick is based on one of my favorite villans to ever apear in an anime, named Phibrizo (Anime: Slayers next). When I created my nick however, I didn't know the correct way to spell his name, and thus Fabrizo is what I was called. (Note: for those that have been around these boards as long, and longer then I have, remember my original sig? That was a picture of Phibrizo)

Mine's totally made up. I was actually making fun of someone for the new Quantex computer they bought. I had never heard of it so I just started spitting things off and this one stayed in my head. It also became the name of a fantasy entertainment company that I started in my head: Quadriflax Entertainment. I used to go around as "Calvin" from Calvin and Hobbes fame, but I could never get the name anywhere popular, so I use this unique one now. I hate places that have 8 character limits on names though... grrr.

Originally posted by mal@Jan. 16 2003, 6:29 pm

[racketboy]

*bump*

[/racketboy]  
wink.gif

hehe I was trying to find this one, but had to go home before I found it
smile.gif

from king of fighters '97 and '98 (dream match...)

my favourite kof character ever, he was introduced in the kof 97 plotline, and killed off that same year. he only lasted 2 years because 98 brought back all the killed characters.

on the bright side, he WAS in 97, and the saturn version is of course great.

Ammut-Ancient Egyptian God of death.

not exactly the usual gamertag, I've been using it for quite sometime now and still like it. Im thinking of picking a really sweetass videogame reference as a name tho.

---Ammut

I came up with my name from the game Xenogears. I named Bart's gear in the game "Alpharogue." Bart's character is brash and rude and he is a pirate of sorts; he also is a great leader of the Yggdrasil and his crew respects him. This part of me was more evident in the military and camaraderie followed even after my term in the AF. At the same time, though, I was alone and did not have anybody to connect with outside of the military and I never had a close friend, just comrades. That is why I appended the name "Alpharogue" to myself meaning "first wanderer" describing my events in the military and going from place to place not knowing what to expect. The same holds true with Bart in Xenogears when he meets up with Fei and goes from place to place not knowing what is going to take place.

Well my nick was "invented" mainly for this site. Way back when in 2000 I needed a nick to use to create my own MySpace accounts so I could contribute games to the site. I had previously used "thegameboy" on ebay so I took the gameboy part (my stunning imagination at work) and I knew I needed a number in it to make remembering the accounts easier ( I had several accounts 900 to 924 if I remember correctly, used the accounts to avoid the 300mb per day download limits). Why 900? Well the 9 and 0 keys are right beside each other on the keyboard so I just used those. Unfortunately when I got on irc and started to chat online I realized that I had one too many characters in my nick. As a result on irc I'm gameboy90. Live and learn.

*flexes fingers before typing*

Ahem.

Taelon comes from the TV sci-fi series, "Earth: Final Conflict," in which humanity receives unexpected alien guests, the Taelons, for an extended stay - with a dark agenda behind their benevolent ways. Anyway, I thought the Taelons themselves were so cool - most of all Da'an, initially the leader, with their gentle voices and movements and their cool approach to everything.

My very first online nickname ever was actually x-state. Then, thanks to a chat BBS that let you register MULTIPLE nicknames between which you could choose at each login, I ended up with about 40 different nicks, all of which have a little story (which I'll post here later if anyone wants me to) and all of which I've grown tired of. So for the past few years I've been Taelon just about everywhere.

In those cases where Taelon was already in use, I used TaelonUSA instead, so that's what I am on AIM as well as eBay and half.com.

But there's more.
smile.gif
When I first got into Direct Connect (later DC++) I wanted to be different once again and went for a variation on Taelon, resulting in Daimon, which shortly afterward turned into something like -o=DA1M0N=o-.  
cool.gif

So... no matter where on the net I am and what I'm doing... I seek to be known as Taelon. Only on MSN and DC++ am I DA1M0N.
smile.gif

Oh, and to Myname, in response to a much earlier post in this thread:

HI BRETT! YOU SHOULD BE CAREFUL OF GERMAN-LANGUAGE SX MEMBERS! LOL!

Mine is very simple, VBT is for Vincent BertheloT. In fact it's the acronym used in my company.

I used this a long time ago on nintendorks chat, when i was like the only person in support of the saturn, then when i found out how awesome Dance dance Revolution was, i tacked that on. I always felt a little goofy on here using that nick, since its almost too obvious to call your self saturn here, and so 90% of the time now i just go by SSDDR (and i swear to god if one more person asks if it stands for super sajin i will go so incredibly insane.)

Hmm.. never noticed this thread before. Anyway, my username comes from IT-290, AKA Alpha-Methyl-Tryptamine. It's a tryptamine-derived drug, cousin of DMT but with very different effects.. basically a 24 hour trip filled with heightened awareness and synaesthesia. I took it for the first time at a rave back in 1996 and it basically has stuck with me as my DJ name ever since I got my first pair of turntables. That party was a life-changing experience, to say the least.

didn't know you were a DJ.

I'm a part-time sound man -- wouldn't mind being a DJ though.

If you dont know my name stands for particularly when you look at my sig, are you sure your on the right board :p

Originally posted by mal@Aug 9, 2002 @ 01:52 AM

mal is short for Malcolm.

For some reason, I've always been interested in mal's name. I always though they were intials, the spanish word for bad, or the last part of Kage-maru's name. (maru is pronounced similar to mal).

My name refers to a dud that lives on a mountain.

Back