Which Nei looks better?

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
I'd say, "original all the way!" :agree

Just look at those kawaii eyes and fluffy purple hair. Makes you want to hug her, doesn't it? :blush: :p

In the remake, her ears look more like horns. And what's with that blank stare? Is she supposed to be a Vulcan looking like that with those pointy ears/horns and all? :devil :D

I think the original looks better, but the new version, with the stare and all, does look more like a cyborg/artificial human.

Originally posted by it290@Sat, 2004-12-04 @ 07:46 AM

I think the original looks better, but the new version, with the stare and all, does look more like a cyborg/artificial human.

[post=125103]Quoted post[/post]​

That's just badly drawn anime.

If you ask me, all of the characters are expressionless, emotionless and look like robots.

Between those 2 pictures, I prefer the original one, but overall I prefer the new artwork, even for Nei.

Well, the second one is graphicaly superior. But yes, the eyes do look better in the first one.

BTW, *I* used to have purple hair. :blink: :unsure:

Originally posted by cherok@Sat, 2004-12-04 @ 11:26 AM

That's just badly drawn anime.

If you ask me, all of the characters are expressionless, emotionless and look like robots.

[post=125152]Quoted post[/post]​

Keep in mind, they ARE just character portraits.

Nei is not Nei without purple hair

Oh so, she doesn't look right even with violet? :p

Looks like two completely different people (ok, game characters ;)) to me. But like MasterAkumaMatata said, the original looks more hugable, so....

Original! :devil

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@Sat, 2004-12-04 @ 03:46 PM

Nei is not Nei without purple hair just like Ayane (DOA2) is not Ayane without purple hair.
Agreed. Why did they see fit to change THAT?

OMFG! They changed her hair to violet, even though violet is also a shade of purple! This is all wrong!

That's my weak impression of all of you.

Graphically, the new one is better. Artistically, I prefer the old. The shape, color, and shading doesn't look right for the new one.

I prefer the old nei. The new one has ears that are much too long. And every one of the characters expression is just too odd. Reminds me of the stern expression that Will Ferrell gave for the Anchorman promos.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 109
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 118
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 118
Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Sat, 2004-12-04 @ 11:17 PM

OMFG! They changed her hair to violet, even though violet is also a shade of purple! This is all wrong!

That's my weak impression of all of you.

You're right, you are weak. I figure that a true PS II fan would dislike them shitting all over the original characters for no reason. But again, that only applies to true PS fans such as myself and not a Cloud-in-Rolf's-clothing. :p

I had purple hair too...it was actually when I liked my hair the best. It was a black-purple, so in glare/sun it was purple but inside and stuff it was black. Real cool.

Back