Windows 2003 Server Enterprise & Standard..

Hello.

What’s the difference between Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition and Standard edition?

Which one should I install?

Will they be able to run at a dissent speed on a Pentium II 400MHZ and 576MB RAM?

Will I be able to play network games like C & C, Dune 2000, on my 2 PC home Lan, if I install them on Win2003 Server?

Do emulators work on Win2003 Server?

Thanks in advance.

According to Microsoft's website, you have more than the recommended minimum amount of RAM, but your CPU is below the recommended speed for both the Standard Edition and Enterprise Edition.

For a list of the differences between the different editions of Windows Server 2003, visit here.

Personally I would stick with either win98 or winxp.

Yeah unless you plan on running some sort of server with heavy loads WinXP will be more than enough for you. Using 2K3 Server is like complete overkill.

Well I want to get familiar with win2003 server and its services, since they ask for it in some jobs.

But I also want to setup a home network with a domain that consists of 2 PCs. 1 Server and 1 WinXp. I want to play some network games like Dune2000 & C & C Red Alert 2.

That's why I wanted to know the differences between Standard & Enterprise edition.

According to this:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003...reeditions.mspx

They're quite a few.

But I'm not sure if I'll need all the extras that enterprise edition has compared to Standard.

Thanks MasterAkumaMatata by the way

From the looks of things I'd stick with the Standard version. You won't be able to use any of the extra features of Enterprise unless you plan on having several servers running on your network. Most of the features are just more ram and multi server stuff. Nothing you could use anyway.

yes I think standard edition will do for me, as I will only have one server on my domain.

I've installed Win2K Advanced Server on this PC in the past and it run just fine.

Even network games.

So Win2K3 Server Standard should run ok.

Back