Wish me luck!

Shitface

Established Member
Hey guys.... tomarrow i go at 4:25 am to the hospitol for a big surgery. Yes, it will suck being in the hospitol again but i will have my Dreamcast by my side. There gonna replace my hip joint and take out a bunch of tissue. Estimated time of 7 hours. Soooo.... i won't be on for the next week or so. Wish me luck guys!
smile.gif

Wow, you should be fine. My uncle went in for hip replacement and came out okay last year.

You will be in my prayers tonight.

Yeah, I've got a few relatives who've had their hips replaced. It's not too big of a deal. Long surgery, but very routine... You should come out fine.

And hey, if my grandma can handle it, I'm sure you should have no trouble whatsoever.
wink.gif

Get well soon duder.

Well, there was pain in my hip when i moved it certain ways about a year an a half ago. So i got it checked out. They said it was some growth and was 99.9% sure it was a benine tumor. Well, they went in and took most of it out and suprise, i have cancer, or more specificly, Synovial Cell Sarcoma. So i had to go through chemo, that kinda sucked but im finished with that now (hopefully). So they wan't to go back in and take out the rest of what looks like tumor, and everyting around it. That means my hip joint because thats where it originated. The only thing that sucks is that i will have to get radiation and possibly more chemo (wich i really hope doesn't happen). It will take me away from school again wich sucks because i miss being social with other people. And it will be my senior year so i would kind of like to be there. But other than that it should be ok. Thanks for the support.

Both of my grandma's had some form of cancer, and their surgery went fine. You should come out alright.

Good luck.

Hope to hear from you when you get out of the hospital. :cheers

Well guys, its late, 12:00 am, and i have to wake up at 3:30 am!
laugh.gif
So i better get some rest. I just want to thank y'all for the support again. I shall return a wiser, braver, and stronger person! Almost like a cyborg! Well, goodnight to yous guyses.

Originally posted by Shitface@Jul 9, 2003 @ 11:56 PM

Well guys, its late, 12:00 am, and i have to wake up at 3:30 am!
laugh.gif
So i better get some rest. I just want to thank y'all for the support again. I shall return a wiser, braver, and stronger person! Almost like a cyborg! Well, goodnight to yous guyses.

I could never sleep before any of my ops...

I always just figure it's better to be dead tired... it's a lot harder to get stressed out when you're about to pass out.
wink.gif

Good luck, man. Dont worry 2 of my friends have had cancer and one actually in his hip which he had to get replaced as well. He was out of comission for a while but damn if he came out ok. He plays ddr like there aint no tomrow. So good look and make sure you bring a gameboy because damned if it's boring in hospitals.

Good Luck. I've had surgery, but it was an emergency, so I don't know what it must feel like to think about it way before hand. Hope it goes well, and that you recover well. :circle ... (I just wanted to use that smilie for once)

My prayers are with you. I have had many family members go through treatment for cancer. All should turn out better for you.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Jul 10, 2003 @ 05:19 AM

Good luck, man. Dont worry 2 of my friends have had cancer and one actually in his hip which he had to get replaced as well. He was out of comission for a while but damn if he came out ok. He plays ddr like there aint no tomrow. So good look and make sure you bring a gameboy because damned if it's boring in hospitals.

laugh.gif

Originally posted by Jurai@Jul 10, 2003 @ 02:57 AM

deleting my post was mean

I agree he was only trying to lighten the mood Jurai didn't mean it. I'm sure segasquad got a laugh out of it.

Well I'm too late to wish you luck now so here's an early WELCOME BACK!
smile.gif

Its too bad good dc games are no longer online or we could play you a game or two when you're getting better and let you win to encourage your recovery by boosting your ego
wink.gif

P.S. If things should happen to go wrong please get all your Sega stuff sent to me
smile.gif

---Ammut

Originally posted by Ammut@Jul 11, 2003 @ 01:18 AM

Well I'm too late to wish you luck now so here's an early WELCOME BACK!
smile.gif

Its too bad good dc games are no longer online or we could play you a game or two when you're getting better and let you win to encourage your recovery by boosting your ego
wink.gif

P.S. If things should happen to go wrong please get all your Sega stuff sent to me
smile.gif

---Ammut

Hey im back and more crippled than ever! I'm pretty much imobile without assistance getting up. But with each day i walk just a little better, with crutches of course. I didn't even get to play any good videogames at all. They gave me this lcd tv with a gamecube and a dvd hooked up to it. pretty expensive. But all they had was Wave Race. I played it for 15 minuts and decided dvds were the best way to go. So i bought season 1 & 2 of Famiy guy. That lasted me a good while. But i feel like an old lady cause i cant even dress my self really. But all is well because i will be making a great recovery...

And ammut, im sorry but you won't be receiving any sega stuff this time. Maybe if i trip or something.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Back