WOO HOOO Got a letter

Haha, buying game!? Perish the though! :lol:

No really though, I wonder how much spyware there is on your computer stack, seriously. Those keystroke loggers are terrible. I try to stay away from evil sites myself because I use paypal, and I'd hate to see that password get stolen (well, I'd hate to see my SX password stolen too almost as much, heh).

I'm using DSL, have been for almost 6 months now, and it's great, there was only one short interim of downtime I can remember and it started around 12am, and when I woke up, it was up again (psst Qwest is a good ISP).

edit for terrible 2am college paper shpeeling (eye lub shell chokers)

I wouldn't worry too much about keyloggers on your machine (their use would probably be illegal without a wiretapping warrant) but DC users should worry about the hubs being monitored.

Originally posted by stack99@Oct 20, 2003 @ 11:26 PM

same here, I was wondering the same thing... oh well, in the meantime, I am switching back to dsl, I never had trouble like this , so they are offering a promotion right now, I am gonna try dsl, going to the DC for a month, and see if DSL sells me out.

Do you remember who you downloaded the 3 mentioned games from?

Were they all from the same person?

It could have been from the "3rd party"?

Your ISP is not at fault and shouldn't be seen as the bad guy. They are actually giving you a warning that a 3rd party is snooping around about your actions.

I'm curious if the ISP did try to stop DC from connecting if you could just change ports and still get through?

I would try changing ports anyways to something less "standard" for DC.

Some nice hacker needs to create a virus that mimics P2P and file swapping activity. :hehehe: Then you can claim "I have the RIAA_blaster virus!"

Originally posted by stack99@Oct 20, 2003 @ 10:26 PM

same here, I was wondering the same thing... oh well, in the meantime, I am switching back to dsl, I never had trouble like this , so they are offering a promotion right now, I am gonna try dsl, going to the DC for a month, and see if DSL sells me out.

Man I'd be careful where you are saying all this. It seems like it would have to be someone from the hub b/c it's not like ppl advertise on a forum what they are downloading. Do you know a lot of other ppl on the hub? If it is someone from there then odds are you aren't the only one that has received one of these letters. That or you are probably just the first.

Actually I do buy games, I have originals of those games, except ddr. Oh and there isn't any spyware on that PC, I have made sure of that. I don't think my ISP ratted me out, but I have seen alot of things of ISP's selling out their users, via reporting them, but I am definately not pointing the finger here. However I was on DSL for along time, using DC and never experienced anything like this, thats got me curious to say the least. As far as the people I have downloaded those three games from, I can most definately say, I have no Idea, I rarely look at the user name whom I am connected too, but it doesn't matter. I will not be using DC anytime soon. Also wasn't writting these messages, on said network..lol. But I have sniffers installed on my network, and now I will be running network mon 24/7, to see whats going on. Or better "who is going on". I appreciate the heads up from people. I am an avid video game collector, and I do buy my games, I have over 150 dreamcast originals, But DC was a nice way to get some backups, and some hard to find titles, to hold me over until I could win them on Ebay.

Oh well back to work. :cheers

Back