You might be a Pennsylvanian if....

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
I can relate to about 3/4's of these things :D

Gotta love it here in PA.

Jeff Foxworthy on Pennsylvania:
  • If you consider it a sport to sit in a tree stand all day long with a bow or a gun just to put food in your freezer... you might live in Pennsylvania.
  • If you're proud that your region makes the national news 96 nights each year because Bradford is the coldest spot in the nation, you might live in Pennsylvania.
  • If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November through March, you might live in Pennsylvania.
  • If you instinctively walk like a penguin for five months out of the year, you might live in Pennsylvania.
  • If someone in a store offers you assistance, and they don't work there, you might live in Pennsylvania. Because you're all so damn friendly.
  • If you have worn shorts, sunglasses and a parka at the same time, you might live in Pennsylvania.
  • If your town has an equal number of bars and churches, or if you are in church and your priest or minister asks you to pray for the EAGLES, and wants to get you all home for 1 p.m. kickoff you might live in Pennsylvania.
  • If you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you might live in Pennsylvania.

YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRUE Pennsylvanian when:
  1. "Vacation" means going up north past I-80 for the weekend.
  2. You measure distance in hours.
  3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.
  4. You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again.
  5. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.
  6. You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings).
  7. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave all the doors unlocked.
  8. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.
  9. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
  10. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
  11. You know all 4 seasons: almost fall, winter, still winter and road construction.
  12. You can identify a southern or eastern accent.
  13. Your idea of creative landscaping is a concrete statue of a deer next to your blue spruce.
  14. You were unaware that there is a legal drinking age.
  15. Down South to you means MORGANTOWN W V.
  16. You find 0 degrees "a little chilly."
  17. Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his NEW FORD F150.
  18. You go out to fish fry every Friday and bingo every Wednesday.
  19. Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.
  20. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.
  21. You actually understand these jokes and you forward them to all your Pennsylvania friends.

some of those i have to admit are true others eh but most of them are right. hey i just realized that my home town scranton is going to be the location(well setting) of the new show office. woooowhoooo too bad for me that i was going to make a movie there which would have included briefly my job working for AT&T guess i'll have to watch the show to see if i'll have to leave that out of the movie.(sorry for the ramble it might not make sense)

PA ROCKS

Gotta find one that applies to Iowa. :D

Jeff Foxworthy says you must be an Iowan if . . . .
  • You've never met any celebrities.
  • Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.
  • "Vacation" means driving through the Amanas or going to Adventureland.
  • You've seen all the biggest bands ten years after they were popular.
  • You measure distance in minutes.
  • Down south to you means Missouri.
  • You know several people who have hit a deer.
  • You have no problem spelling or pronouncing "Des Moines."
  • You know the answer to the question "Is this Heaven?"
  • Your school classes were cancelled because of cold.
  • Your school classes were cancelled because of heat.
  • You know where all the Yoders live.
  • You know what "Hawks" and "Clones" are. (GO CLONES!)
  • You've ridden the school bus for an hour each way.
  • You've had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
  • You think ethanol makes your truck "run a lot better."
  • Stores don't have bags, they have sacks.
  • You see people wear bib overalls at funerals.
  • You see a car running in the parking lot at the store with no one in it no matter what time of the year.
  • You end your sentences with an unnecessary exposition. Example: "Where's my coat at?"
  • All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit or vegetable.
  • You can locate Iowa on the United States map.
  • Detassling was your first job.
  • You've been on a "Geode Hunt."
  • Your idea of a really great tenderloin is when the meat is twice as big as the bun and accompanied only by ketchup and a dill pickle slice.
  • You learn your pickup will run without a muffler.
  • You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
  • When asked how your trip was to any foreign, exotic place, you say "It was different.".
  • Being a bit younger, you remember Terry Branstad as the governor the whole time you were growing up.
  • You consider being called a "Pork Queen" an honor.
  • People from other states love to hear you say "Iowa" and other words with "Os" in them.
  • You carry jumper cables in your car.
  • You drink "pop".
  • You know what the numbers I-80, 280 and 380 mean.
  • You know what "cow chips" are.
Damn I love being an Iowan. :D

MY TURN MY TURN:

You might be a Floridian if:
  • You exhibit a slight twitch when introduced to anyone with the first names of Charley, Frances, Ivan or Jeanne.
  • Your freezer never has more than $20 worth of food in it any given time (I have ice, a frozen pizza and some gin).
  • You're looking at paint swatches for the plywood on your windows, to accent the house color (glossy black is the color of mine).
  • You think of your hall closet/saferoom as "cozy" (I have a couch for it).
  • Your pool is more accurately described as "framed in" than "screened in."
  • Your freezer in the garage now only has homemade ice in it.
  • You no longer worry about relatives visiting during the summer months.
  • You, too, haven't heard back from the insurance adjuster.
  • You now understand what that little "2% hurricane deductible" phrase really means.
  • You're putting a collage together on your driveway of roof shingles from your neighborhood.
  • You were once proud of your 16" electric chain saw (it was gas and I was king for a day).
  • You now own 5 large ice chests.
  • Your parrot can now say" hammered, pounded and hunker down."
  • You recognize people in line at the free ice, gas and plywood locations (I saw people I hadn't seen since 96').
  • You stop what you're doing and clap and wave when you see a convoy of power company trucks come down your street. (When your bedroom window turns into a TV cause your watching electric trucks on day 7 of no electricity for 12 hours, it feels pathetic.)
  • You're depressed when they don't stop.
  • You stop what you're doing and clap and wave when you see a debris truck come down your street.
  • You're depressed when they don't stop.
  • You have the personal cell phone numbers of the managers for: plywood, roofing supplies and generators at Home Depot on your speed dialer.
  • You've spent more than $20 on "Tall white kitchen bags" to make your own sand bags.
  • You're considering upgrading your 16" to a 20" chain saw.
  • You know what "Bar chain oil" is. (Doesn't everyone?)
  • You're thinking of getting your wife the hard hat with the ear protector and face shield for Christmas.
  • You now think the $6000 whole house generator seems reasonable. (They're all on back order.)
  • You look forward to discussions about the merits of "cubed, block and dry ice."
  • Your therapist refers to your condition as "generator envy." (This one is just funny.)
  • You fight the urge to put on your winter coat and wool cap and parade around in front of your picture window, when you finally get power and your neighbor across the street, with the noisy generator, doesn't get electric. (Grrrr, I want to kill so many for that. Then again in the winter here, we all dress like that... how do you think we got the coat?)

And finally, you might be a Floridian if:
  • You ask your sister up north to start saving the Sunday Real Estate classified ads!

I like PA, Gotta love the four seasons.. even though people complain about thewinters, lately they havent been all that bad for us here in southwestern PA.

A shame to.. I love the snow! :devil

Well I never knew there were so many members from Pennsylvania!

I lived in Erie from birth till July 2003.

Anyone been to the Straub Brewery? :cheers That's my family (three generations removed anyway... :rolleyes: )

~Krelian

Not to be left out:

You might be from California if:

1. Your co-worker has 8 body piercing and none are visible, (more and more true every day)

2. You take a bus and are shocked at two people carrying on a conversation in English, (depends on the route number)

3. Your child's 3rd-grade teacher has purple hair, a nose ring, and is named Breeze,

4. You can't remember . . is pot illegal?

5. You've been to a baby shower that has two mothers and a sperm donor.

6. You have a very strong opinion about where your coffee beans are grown, and you can taste the difference between Sumatran and Ethiopian,

7. You can't remember . . . is pot illegal?

8 A really great parking space can totally move you to tears, (sometimes a great spot will dictate my next destination)

9. A low speed police pursuit will interrupt ANY TV broadcast, (yep)

10. Gas costs $1.00 per gallon more than anywhere else in the U.S, (2.76 last time i filled up :( )

11. A man gets on the bus in full leather regalia and crotchless chaps, and you don't even notice, (again- depends on the route)

12. Unlike back home, the guy at 8:30 am at Starbucks' wearing the baseball cap and sunglasses who looks like George Clooney really IS George Clooney,

13. Your car insurance costs as much as your house payment,

14. Your hairdresser is straight, your plumber is gay, the woman who delivers your mail is into S & M, and your Mary Kay rep is a guy in drag.

15. You can't remember . . is pot illegal?

16. It's barely sprinkling rain and there's a report on every news station: "STORM WATCH," (YEP)

17. You have to leave the big company meeting early because Billy Blanks himself is teaching the 4:00 pm Tae Bo class,

18. You pass an elementary school playground and the children are all busy with their cells or pagers,

19. It's barely sprinkling rain outside, so you leave for work an hour early to avoid all the weather-related accidents . . . (YES! People just don't know how to drive in the rain here.)

20. Hey!!!! Is Pot Illegal????

21. Both you AND your dog have therapists . . . and lastly,

22. The Terminator is your governor. (Unfortunately, yes.)

Back