zombie revenge

stack99

Established Member
I recently was going through my dreamcast "stash", and I ran across zombie revenge, so I popped it in, and to my delight, wow, a nice really nice, game. The graphics are crisp, the plot is good, and its a nice streets of rage fightem/ shootem... really nice game, just wanted to share not sure if anyone has posted on this game, I was surprised , hell the box cover is very very deceiving... I remember seeing that game and thinking.. mmmmmmmmmmmmm not today.. but its well worth it, and now you might find it for real cheap...

:cheers

you won't be disappointed, and not to play spoiler, there is a level called "the house of the dead" man, that level, is exactly what you think it is, with out the light gun,.... man oh man, I was definately surprised by this game.. wow.

:cheers

yeah when I first got that weapon, I laughed my ass off, what an awesome weapon... wow.. great game.

:agree

I also heard that the Streets of Rage game that was in development for the DC was actually turned into Zombie Revenge

Is it fun to replay. I've played some of the (very few) modern attempt at a streets of rage type game (eg Die hard Arcade) and I didn't really enjoy replaying them. This is in comparison to the streets of rage games which I still play and enjoy (You'd never guess that with my username would you :p) .

If I find it cheap somewhere I'll definately give this game a try though.

I never bothered to pick this up because as you mentioned the box cover ain't all that grand and it sounded like another ho-hum title. If I remember correctly it got a 5.9 from ign <_<

I also remember reading somewhere that it has quite a bit of VMU functionality to it, is that true at all? *sigh*The VMU was underused/overlooked far too much if you ask me, it could have been nifty but really didn't go anywhere.

---Ammut

Yeah, always look at multiple reviews. I often find that many reviews are based on what the "reviewer" likes.

Yeah I thought it was much better than people say it is. My friend has it, maybe he'll sell it to me. (Maybe I can rip him off and get his Christmas Nights too)

Actually the game is called "The House of the Dead 1.5" by some.

Tag.... did you know that their is a level in this called that (minus the 1.5) and man oh man, what a level it is... WOW...

:p :rolleyes: :) :cool:

Personally it's not all that good. It depends on what you're looking for - it's a cross between resident evil and streets of rage, which is kindof stupid (personally). It's graphically very pleasing, that's for sure. Essentially a B Horror flick.

When I bought it I was hoping more for the 'rumble in the streets' beat'em up ala Streets of Rage. It's not. If I were to rate it for what it is, it's pretty solid. The weapons are neat. But Streets of Rage it is not.

And racket, I think I was the one that mentioned it was supposed to be Streets of Rage (which it was - Sega of America nixed it and went with the ever popular horror genre).

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Sep 8, 2003 @ 05:17 AM

And racket, I think I was the one that mentioned it was supposed to be Streets of Rage (which it was - Sega of America nixed it and went with the ever popular horror genre).

Actually I'm pretty sure I read it in some publication

I bought this game some time ago, and the first time I played it, I found it very boring.

But I gave it a second shot by playing with a friend, and believe it or not, it was really fun ! It wasn't the same game !

So I really recommend to play it in the 2 players mode ...

Back