I am using Trend Micro Internet Security 2008. It monitors internet traffic and changes made to system files as well as scanning for viruses and spyware. Probably does everything you would want it to. How would you pick good virus software?
Antivir has those better features than Avast (for me):
- better Guard scan (when you download files and browse the internet)
- a better and most up to date virus definition files. Avast is known to not update quickly their virus definition with the last virii found.
- non intrusive for me because you never need to restart your PC when installing/updating/removing antivir and also antivir do not refresh your screen every minutes, something avast does all the time
- antivir has a rootkit detection engine (I don't think avast has one)
- avast didn't detect the adober virus I got when I inserted a USB key with it. So it was installed on my PC Strangely, avast detected it when I choose the exe in the scan engine => avast has a bad guard scan engine. Avast also didn't detect another virus I got some times ago.
But now, I always use antivir at home + virustotal and another online scanner because using any progs from not 100% sure sources.
Kaspersky LabÃ¢â¬â¢s latest antivirus software protects you from malicious software of any kind. Also included in the top-notch Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 is a virtual keyboard to protect you from password stealing programs, as well as new Kaspersky URL Advisor to warn you from bogus sites so that you can surf worry-free.
McAFee and EsetNod32 are good antivirus programs. I am using EsetNod32 which prevents my system from virus attacks. And for firewall security I prefer ZoneAlarm which is the best one and passed out the Leak test also.
Its all a matter of opinion. I use Avast , I have also got superantispyware and Malwarebytes. I recently changed to Comodo firewall which seems fine and I seem to boot up quicker. They are all free for personal use and I have had no trouble with Viruses Trojans Hackers etc. I also use Windows Defender from the Microsoft site. It is safe to use two anti-spy products but never use more than one A/V as it can cause conflicts. You should run A/V and anti spy weekly.