Anybody watching the Tampa Bay Calagary Game?

Im not a big fan of either of the teams playing, kinda rooting for Tampa cause the one guy playing for them has never won anything in his 20 years in the NHL.

Regaurdless its proving to be an awesome game for anybody that enjoys a good game of hockey :banana

id have to say this was the most entertaining post season ive seen in a long time. im a blackhawks fan myself, but to finally see two teams that arent colorado, new jersey or detroit makes me happy.

I really wanted Calgary to win. It could only help those struggling teams up north, but no, Tampa won. Which is unfortunate, because you can tell how little these TB'ers know about hockey (cheering an icing? Come on!). That and the Florida area has won quite a bit in all major sports recently - it's getting annoying. 😉

This however has been one of the best post seasons as a whole in a really long time. But, the ratings don't lie - hockey is as important to the sporting community as the WNBA. GOLF gets better ratings - and this was outstanding hockey! Hopefully the players look really hard at themselves and realize this, and for the good of hockey they institute some sort of salary cap (otherwise hockey will disappear for a REALLY long time - and it'll kill whatever interest anyone had in the sport).

Tangentially, I never understood how 1-0 in the bottom of the 9th in baseball makes it a classic, but 1-0 in hockey makes it a boring sport. Ridiculous, in my estimation.

Most sports fans, with the exception of baseball, prefer high scoring games. Look at the changes in the NBA over the past 20 years. They have lead to less defense and higher scoring games. Even football has gone the route of high scores over defense. Last year, it was difficult to prevent a catch without getting pass interference called on you part of the time. Baseball has stayed baseball. No need to award extra runs for a grand slam. Hell people rip on field like Coors for being easy to hit a homer in.

If the Redwings aren't playing, then I'm not watching hockey 🙂

But I did watch the Pistons beat the Lakers the other night -- hehe

Back