ATTN! SX T-Shirt Design Contest!!!

sorry :S but really as long as the shirt doesn't have an icon on it its generally cool. up here in canada the way i hear it works is as long as you have a "Sonic is a registered trademark of Sega" its all good. but i dunno how it works down in the states. if it blows up "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" is too true!

Edit:

I was thinking: In all honesty Sega knows about this site i found this place on google! and as it is we only provide access to places that host the games and only ones that are dead ware no way for sega to make money off of them anymore. and i am going to commit suicide if this place gets the hit! I didn't mention the sites name no. I was thinking everyone knows about sonic and why not with permission... dim bulb is my name!

Don't worry about SEGA. They knew about us when we openly had games to download throught those free space servers.

yeah I knew they knew about us

but I hope they don't think we're trying to make money off their name.

but in reality we're not even non-profit -- were a drainin-Ice's-pocket operation
smile.gif

thats what i said: "all profits made from the selling of the t-shirts will be directly routed to help pay for the running/supporting of the site" i also mentioned the free advertising thing. So it should go down with them and i will get the written permission!
biggrin.gif
but if it does work who do i hand the permission form too?

You're an idiot... I hope you know of some other tshirt companies cause I can see this going down as one of two ways:

1. You never hear from them again thus making your tshirt impossible to be produced

or

2. You get slapped with a lawsuit bigger anna nicole smith and hope you have good lawyer

Originally posted by racketboy@Jun 5, 2003 @ 08:09 PM

but in reality we're not even non-profit -- were a drainin-Ice's-pocket operation
smile.gif

I see this being the main problem with everything, lets hope ice doesn't hit hard financial problems any time soon
tongue.gif

Originally posted by racketboy@Jun 5, 2003 @ 07:04 PM

weekend granted!

but I think we agreed that we weren't going to use Sonic because of copyright issues

ahhh good more time. i have yet to get off my ass and make something
sad.gif

What time on friday is it due? I just found out about the contest and would like to design something tonight. Is it ok if its a little late?

Kyosuke75

Originally posted by kyosuke75@Jun 6, 2003 @ 09:35 PM

What time on friday is it due? I just found out about the contest and would like to design something tonight. Is it ok if its a little late?

Kyosuke75

I granted everybody the weekend to finish up

if I see it by Monday morning (approx 8-10am Pacific Time) it's fine.

I'm not gonna be super strict
smile.gif

Here are my entries front and back. As always i can save them into Illustrator files. I used Corel Draw 10 heh for all of these not quite PS 6 complexity but it gets the job done and it makes a nice lookin shirt possible.

Front:

http://members.fortunecity.com/gamefoo21/s...shirtfront1.gif

http://members.fortunecity.com/gamefoo21/s...shirtfront2.gif

Back:

http://members.fortunecity.com/gamefoo21/s.../shirtback1.gif

http://members.fortunecity.com/gamefoo21/s...backofshirt.gif (FIXED then Dead Then Renamed! NOW IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!
damn.gif
)

edit: had to resave the back but i can straighten the web address on the front easily enough and these are just 72dpi files. 56k friendly!

edit: added another version of front + back

deadline has passed.

I will get everything together and post our voting area later on

thanks for all the entries!

to all those who posted their entries on here, please keep them hosted for a while

who sent me the design in CDR format?

can't seem to find who it it.

I might need to have it exported into EPS or something 'cause I can't view it

Hey GameFoo, the ShirtBack2.GIF link is broken. I'm having a hard time deciding between Zziggy's and GameFoo's... I like Gamefoo's, but you should make the SX blue like on ZZiggy's. Just a suggestion. I like ZZiggy's, but no back. If ZZiggy took Gamefoo's back (put it on the back of course), and put all the console names on the front like Gamefoo's it'd be perfect. But, no stealing each other's ideas now!
tongue.gif

Zziggy or Gamefoo? Hm... tough to choose. And I take it we can only vote once. Also, is there just gonna be ONE shirt to choose from? I think we should vote, and have at least two. If there's gonna be two, I'd vote for both Zziggy and Gamefoo. How does all the voting work? Is there just gonna be one shirt in the end?

BTW, Gamefoo, YOU FORGOT THE NOMAD! I know it's technically a handheld MD/Genny, but it's still a standalone handheld system.

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jun 19, 2003 @ 09:39 AM

I know it's technically a handheld MD/Genny, but it's still a standalone handheld system.

Is it?

Were there any games released just for the Nomad?

I sent you one in CDR format, but it was the same as the GIF I posted before. If it gets used, the Corel Draw file is already set up for a print shop to use.

segaxtreme.gif

Originally posted by VertigoXX@Jun 19, 2003 @ 01:40 AM

I sent you one in CDR format, but it was the same as the GIF I posted before. If it gets used, the Corel Draw file is already set up for a print shop to use.

segaxtreme.gif

oh that's right -- thanks

Hopefully I'll find the time soon to post the voting.

Between busy work and my family being in town, I've been short on free time
smile.gif

sorrry haven't been around for a lil bit lemme get right to fixing that stupid fortunecity. I sorta swiped the the SX logo for shirt back 2 :devil

DOH nomad coming up on shirt front 3
damn.gif

Edit: fortunecity corrupted number 2
damn.gif
:flamethrower:

Back