Final Round of the SX T-Shirt Design contest

I mean no offense... But would you please tell me why the one with 18 votes is in first???? I can't EVEN TELL what it is!??!...

The very first logo is the nicest of them all.. It is short, simple, and very stylish.

Originally posted by joe81@Aug 26, 2003 @ 02:24 AM

that's what i voted for the first one but the S sort of reminds me of the starter logo

hehe well the S is just the official Sega S

Originally posted by Jaded God@Aug 26, 2003 @ 02:11 AM

I mean no offense... But would you please tell me why the one with 18 votes is in first???? I can't EVEN TELL what it is!??!...

The very first logo is the nicest of them all.. It is short, simple, and very stylish.

maybe we'll have to clean the SMS pad one up a bit so it's more obvious what it is.

Here's a cleaned up one... i didn't want to do it for the sake of art... but it turned out alot better i think.

Attachments

• resized_pad.gif
    resized_pad.gif
    21.7 KB · Views: 50
  • resized_pad.gif
    resized_pad.gif
    21.7 KB · Views: 45
gah, yeah, i fell in love with the first one...

here's a slightly altered one

Attachments

• origsms.gif
    origsms.gif
    7.7 KB · Views: 51
  • origsms.gif
    origsms.gif
    7.7 KB · Views: 59
Thanks man... Yea I can tell what it is in the second one.. The first one is way to blurry.. Can't even read the "SEGA" name.

Are you serious? You couldn't tell what it was supposed to be? Anyway, I like the art/blurred one better. The other one makes it far too nerdy, IMHO (not sure why, I just get that feeling). If you still feel the need to "clean it up," try different stages. I assume you used a filter of some sort. See if you can find a happy medium between crystal clear and illegible Sega logo. I'd be harder pressed to spend any money on the clear one.

I wouldn't buy the blurry (original) one

It's doesn't have to be super-clean-cut, but the original is way too hard to distinguish. I want non-diehard-Sega people to know what the heck it is.

...Even if it was perfectly clear do you think they'd know what it was. I freakin HARDLY knew what it was and I own a god damned MS.

Hehe, speaking of stuff on shirts that make people go, "huh?"

what the heck does "got root?" mean?

Oh and also, I used the stamp filter for the first one, then colored it in and added things that didn't get translated right in the filter. The second one i built from scratch on top of a layer of the old one. I'll see what i can come up with later tonight.

Originally posted by Nadius@Aug 26, 2003 @ 03:05 PM

Hehe, speaking of stuff on shirts that make people go, "huh?"

what the heck does "got root?" mean?

I'd assume it's some reference to Unix and the "root" account. The root account has access to anything and everything. Same thing as the admin account on WinXP, only it came first. 1337 |-|@><0rs that "get root" have full access to a machine.

For quite some time I used to think that the Genesis was Sega's first attempt in the hardware market. I didn't even know the SMS existed. But that was a long time ago.

Originally posted by racketboy@Aug 26, 2003 @ 11:52 AM

I wouldn't buy the blurry (original) one

It's doesn't have to be super-clean-cut, but the original is way too hard to distinguish. I want non-diehard-Sega people to know what the heck it is.

If you dont know what it is then you shouldn't be here and the only reason you dont like it is cause you want yours to win :p

Back