burning segacd games under linux

I just got a copy of a few iso+mp3 games off the web and i burned a couple a few days ago --- just got my segacd working today and they dont work! =[

i burned track at once, padded short tracks, plain single session, iso as track 1 and the rest as audio tracks.

... anyone have any advice?

can you read the disk on your computer?

try burning at a slow speed, llike 4x. could be too speedy for the Sega CD.

also, use CD-R media, as SegaCD can't read CD-RW, without an entirely new laser.

also, converting the MP3s to WAV will save processing time when you burn it.

also, burn the ISO image as Track 1 (create CD from image) and tack on the Audio Tracks as Tracks 2-xx, in Disk at once mode.

This works for me for single iso saturn games (I don't have segacd so you have to tell me if it works)

Listen to the MP3 (or WAV) files

They should sound ok & not have lots of clicks, pops, etc... if they need editing, try AUDACITY, it's a free WAV editor that can handle MP3's (if you get the LAME codec with it).

Prepare your files

Convert all your MP3's to WAV format (I like LAME, but use anything you're confortable with) and rename them if you need to (they must be in alphanumerical ISO9660 sort order, so I rename them 01.wav, 02.wav, 03.wav, etc... to avoid any problems with tracks being burned in the wrong order).

Get CD-R burner device I.D. (for CDRECORD)

You need to know what the device I.D. of your burner is... use 'cdrecord -scanbus' to find out what device I.D. your CD-burner/reader uses (mine is 0,0,0), you'll need these numbers for CDRECORD.

Burn the game

As with any CD-Recording application, CDRECORD will work best if you don't have any other programs running while you are burning a CD-R.

Burn the WAV files using CDRECORD, use the #'s you got from scanbus in place of 0,0,0 and you can burn at any speed (not just 4x like in my example below).

'cdrecord -v -dev=0,0,0 -multi -data -nofix -speed=4 *.iso'

'cdrecord -v -dev=0,0,0 -audio -multi -eject -pad -speed=4 *.wav'

(note: the tracks must be names in alphanumerical order, because that's how CDRECORD will burn them! Your device, driver, and speed settings will differ...)

Back