cant believe my luck

I've been console collecting about a year now, and I have most stuff from the NES right up as far as PS2 everything boxed and mint ( I actually have nearly two of everything one modified and one stock). The only thing I hadn't got was a Saturn. So looking through E-Bay I found a Model 1 Saturn Boxed mint. Got delievered and thats when I found out that model 1 mod boards are extinct. So back to e-bay, model 2 boxed mint, arrived with the cd spindle hub damaged. Fixed that, opened the unit and was looking for this 32 pin IC that I needed. I then discovered that 64 pin IC's exist and what was mine.......of course it was a 64 pin. Not much luck modding them so I left it. Back to e-bay again, tryed to locate a model 2 32pin IC based on the Serial number and place of manufacture. Located one, got delievered and the laser was dead. The discs would try to spin up three or four times then the motor would just stop. Adjusted the potentiometer but it was already near its max. After this I was losing the plot, so I took one more gamble and located yet another model 2. Had low hopes of it being what I needed, but when I took the lid of and seen that beautiful 32 pin IC I couldnt believe it. Ordered a mod chip from Jandaman, and within about four days I had it. Ridiculously easy mod to fit (i had recently modded a v7 ps2 and that was pretty hard) it was up and running playing a backup of Street Fighter Alpha 2. So I just wanted to thank Jandaman, and to say to everyone who is pissed because they have a 64 pin IC, compile a list of 32pin IC serial numbers etc (I think there is one here somewhere) and just buy I 32 pin. You will thank yourself in the long run. Cheers guys

That sucks. I bought a pre-modded Saturn from someone here, because my luck is worse than anyones. Whenever I try to mod a game console I break it somehow.

Back