cd swapping to play CDR'S

I have a problem.

I have gone inside my saturn and pushed in the button so that is always closed, so that much is done.But whenevr i do the procedure of loading the cdr and swapping with a real disc, it NEVER works.It will go to the black sega screen sometimes and then cut to the music tracks.

Is the prob the way im buring the cd's?Im using NTI cd maker version 5.08 and im using mixed mode.And im simply drag and drop the audio and iso files ino the cd and begin the burn with disc at once,....is that correct?if the probem is not that...what can i do!!!i think i have a model one saturn cuz the power buttons are diagonal ovals but cords are not attached from lid to base when i took it apart so i dunno?

Can someone plase help me?thanks a lot!

Dragging and dropping does not work.

If you are burning an ISO + MP3, then use something like Easy CD PRO 95 using the Mixed Mode from ISO Image setting.

Direct disc-to-disc copying with any program also works.

i wasnt aware there was an nti cd maker 5, theres a 3.x and 2000 version, but you need to use 3.x to burn them properly, are you burning them as mixed mode from image?

there is a tutorial in the misc section if you get stuck on it

*edit * beaten to it

there is another thought, the version number looks like an easy cd creator one, if so then that definitely wont work

(Edited by megametalgreymon at 1:56 am on Jan. 1, 2002)

i have windows 2000, so easy cd ceator pro 95 wouldnt work for me.Guh i lost 4 cd's with this burning i dont wanna lose another one anyone else have any ideas?

but see this is the thing, the program told me the mixed mode buring went through correctrly, in testing and ina ctual burning.And i made an audio cd that worked.Now if the program says it completed, did it?and is it something

wrong with my swapping?cuz the operation goes through with success!but ill try frieburner

also are iso's smaller than bin and cue files?

(Edited by opooh at 4:22 am on Jan. 1, 2002)

Yeah, the burning operation was probably fine in that you got a CD that looks correct in windows explorer, but it is not in a format that the Saturn can make use of. The only way to make a working CD is by using either a program that will make a mixed mode cd from image or that can make use of the Bin+Cue format.

In no circumstance will simply dragging and dropping the files into the burning window will make a CD that will boot in a Saturn.

ISO's are smaller than BIN files because an ISO only contains the program data. A BIN has both audio+data. Also, it is common to compress the audio files seperately with the ISO in the MP3 format, where the BIN file contains uncompressed audio data.

I think that make sense...:)

Ok gotcha.

Now i downloaded fireburner, but im at a loss of how to make a mixed mode cd from it.Would you mind posting some detailed instructions here?thanks:)

Also would someone mind posting the link for the appropriate aspii needed for someone with windows 2000 professional edition?

And lastly will easy cd creator pro which is suposed to be best for creating cds, run on windows 2000?

Heh,ALSO, the program i am using is NTI cd maker 2000 pro, becuase the interface is so easy and doesnt require aspi to be loaded to recognize and use my burner.Does the version of nti cdmaker that the guy in the misc section used work with windows 2000?if so where can i get it.?

Detailed instructions on hot to burn with cdrwin, fireburner, or nti cdmaker 2000 pro(preferabbly this one)is much appreciated, including the info on aspi if any is needed

(Edited by opooh at 1:46 pm on Jan. 1, 2002)

(Edited by opooh at 2:19 pm on Jan. 1, 2002)

fireburner: really easy, it it ver 1.x click visual cue, and drag and drop the files in, then right click to get the options

if its 2 then right click after opening the program, click load tracks, then select all the tracks, check the order and burn

you best doing a serach on google or similar for force aspi http://www.google.com/search?q=force+aspi

"And lastly will easy cd creator pro which is suposed to be best for creating cds, run on windows 2000? "

easy cd creator is not the same as easy cd pro, the last version of easy cd pro 95 is 2.11 i think, its not current software, easy cd creator will work on win2k, but wont work for mixed mode from image, easy cd pro works for mixed mode from image, but not too well on win2k

"Heh,ALSO, the program i am using is NTI cd maker 2000 pro, becuase the interface is so easy and doesnt require aspi to be loaded to recognize and use my burner.Does the version of nti cdmaker that the guy in the misc section used work with windows 2000?if so where can i get it."

mti cd maker 2000 doesnt work for saturn games properly, mixed mode cds created using the custom cd option have silent audio tracks

you need ver 3.x to burn saturn, which is on my fserv, but you will probabbly find fireburner just as easy to use

"Detailed instructions on hot to burn with cdrwin, fireburner, or nti cdmaker 2000 pro(preferabbly this one)is much appreciated, including the info on aspi if any is needed"

cdrwin you need to build a cuesheet for, then you just open the cuesheet in cdrwin to burn it. fireburner is covered above, nti 2000 ive already explained above is not suitable

You can just use the sega cue maker to make a cue file for you and burn in fireburner, cdrwin, or nero. With fireburner I believe you can just drag/add the iso file as track one, and the audio in the correct order after that.

Back