Communication port information

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

antime

Extra Hard Mid Boss
Website
www.iki.fi
Which schematic? The pinout of the comm port connector is

1 - shell / NC
2 - Vcc
3 - SCSP Rx
4 - SCSP Tx
5 - Master SH2 Tx
6 - M Rx
7 - M SCK
8 - GND
9 - Slave SH2 Tx
10 - S Rx
11 - S SCK
12 - GND

ScubaSteve

Excellent excellent. :D The exact info I needed to test the 5v line with my custom connector. Best news is it actually works :D

I'm trying make my DaVinci 2.0 Duo print like it had a 0.18mm nozzle when in reality it has a 0.4mm one which is pretty standard for printers. I'm going to continue to try to tweak my design so it can be printed on cheap printers,

Hopefully this will make the communication port more accessible for people who want to use it for modding.

That was me who contacted you on thingverse, I printed and wired the 3d comm port connector .I found my way here.

ScubaSteve

Which schematic? The pinout of the comm port connector is

1 - shell / NC
2 - Vcc
3 - SCSP Rx
4 - SCSP Tx
5 - Master SH2 Tx
6 - M Rx
7 - M SCK
8 - GND
9 - Slave SH2 Tx
10 - S Rx
11 - S SCK
12 - GND
there are 11 pins by my count, and the schematics from the beginning of the thread show comm 1 and 2 as midi 1 and 2. But stop at comm 8. I see 3 from sh2 master 3 from slave and 2 from sound, but that's it. Isn't the ground the same as the controller port? Metal plate inside

antime

Extra Hard Mid Boss
Website
www.iki.fi
there are 11 pins by my count
Pin 1 is the metal shell/shield around the connector. It is completely omitted from the service manual schematics, marked as "NC" in the old reverse-engineered schematics, but measured as GND on two different model boards I have. This may have varied by board type.

Since we have access to real service manual schematics nowadays, there's little point in using the reverse-engineered ones except maybe as reference for some detail particular to the board version it was made from.

zone66x

3AM... too tired to write a proper response but wanted to get some feedback. :p

What do you guys think? That would fit inside a 3d printed cover

zone66x

Think we could use a db9 connector for this and connect pin 8 and 12 of the SS com port to the shield of the db9?