Diversity in Gaming COmmunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
err.... jurai, they do have videogames in the ghetto.

anyone here seen baby boy or the wash? both feature DREAMCASTS
biggrin.gif

oooh you want to talk about mongrel... i'm a mongrel... british, french, polish and native north american(i can get my uk passport). and i dunno i had some chinese friends back in bc and they were insane starcraft players eg. 1 human against 6 ai on hard and they would soundly win. but i don't think racism really has a place here since race means dick when your holding a controller whether you a 5ft tall asian or a 7ft tall black dude it don't matter. all that matters is how fast you can process whats on the screen, think about what you are going to do, lay out a ever changing strategy, and how fast you can work the buttons.

Oh and canadian beer rocks! my aussie friend even told me so, said it was damned good import beer!! dats the extent of my racism its all about the beer. :cheers

jeff - 20

you dont need to get offended so easily - i read that and felt he was joking

to answer this question would be too dificult. -- i think every country - every us state- every school would be diferent. -- but the way i can answer this is at my college which is extremely diverse - i didnt know many white people (compared to how many people from other races) (cause white was a minority - and most people didnt consider russians or the other few white foreigners - white - primarily because they only hung out with them selves - clicks-- i.e people would say black, white, asian, indian, russian (they were white but generaly not considered white unless they paricipated in other groups) ---- i think im begining to sound confusing so i will stop -- anyways - i knew a shit load of gamers and the minority out of all the gamers i knew were white- and out of all the female gamers i knew they were mostly asian

consequently i fall into the white male catagory

This Jurai's posts weren't funny at all, people will tolerate anything and if you get offended they say you have no sense of humour.

I am asian and racism anywhere pisses me off a lot, especially on the net. For the record I get pissed off no matter what group of people are getting hated, it really gets to me :angry: .

I noticed a lot of videogame fans are ignorant and racist, just like hiphop fans on theweb ( i am a fan of good hiphop, not no ja rule and 50 cent), they take the piss not realising that many of the best games come from Japan.

What I hate the most is that since September 11 people feel free to routinely hate on asians, Muslims and arabs. I see a lot of gulf war games too and I HATE the fact that video game companies capitalize on innocent people's deaths, Sony USA's copyrighting the term Shock & Awe made my blood boil :( .

Originally posted by cypher-s@Aug 13, 2003 @ 02:19 PM

This Jurai's posts weren't funny at all, people will tolerate anything and if you get offended they say you have no sense of humour.

I am asian and racism anywhere pisses me off a lot, especially on the net. For the record I get pissed off no matter what group of people are getting hated, it really gets to me :angry: .

I noticed a lot of videogame fans are ignorant and racist, just like hiphop fans on theweb ( i am a fan of good hiphop, not no ja rule and 50 cent), they take the piss not realising that many of the best games come from Japan.

What I hate the most is that since September 11 people feel free to routinely hate on asians, Muslims and arabs. I see a lot of gulf war games too and I HATE the fact that video game companies capitalize on innocent people's deaths, Sony USA's copyrighting the term Shock & Awe made my blood boil :( .

there have been gulf war games since the SNES . . and there have been War games since cards were invented. What about 1942? How old is that? What do you think WWII veterans think of this game? However, it is a classic game. I think every war has a game counterpart. . . Hmm? you know what would make a good game. IMHO, the Holocaust would make a great game . . but hasn't been done yet. I would keep the name "The Holocaust"

Jeff! . . all along you're avatar had me thinking you were some Dutchman living in Europe!! :lol:

I fit the stereotype of a white male video game fan. However, I have bits of Cherokee, Dutch, Scotish, . . "English" I guess is the term, and Anglo Saxon. Just another human is how I look at it. Having Cherokee in me I'm obviously American.

Jeff, Juria likes to be an ass. If you look at all of his post you'll realise he tries to offend any and everybody. That's just Juria. Just be glad that you met Juria in this virtual form, and with just 1 click of the mouse he disappears. :D

This IS an old thread. . . but I'm curious if sexual orientation has any odd numbers.

BTW, if by a "board related to SNES" do you mean the ZSNES forums? . .GEESH!! that forum is whack!! Every type of racism, sexism, age-ism, human-ism or Athiesm pollutes every corner of that board. It's hard to tell if it's serious or not. What's crazy is the Mods there seem to be the ones fueling it all. I havn't visited there in a month though, so I might be different now. dunno.

BTW, if by a "board related to SNES" do you mean the ZSNES forums? . .GEESH!! that forum is whack!! Every type of racism, sexism, age-ism, human-ism or Athiesm pollutes every corner of that board. It's hard to tell if it's serious or not. What's crazy is the Mods there seem to be the ones fueling it all. I havn't visited there in a month though, so I might be different now. dunno.

Whats wrong with Atheism?

Originally posted by dibz@Aug 14, 2003 @ 08:13 PM

Whats wrong with Atheism?

Shut up. Geesh you freakin' atheist are the worse. The "sterotypical" atheist remind me of some crazed evangelist preacher, always defending and preaching their faith. I have friends that are atheist that aren't 10% as bad as the ones I come across on message boards.

I was making a line of examples that ended in Humanism. What's wrong with humans!! I was going to add God-ism at the end but I realized there is a word already for that, Atheism. . . so I used that.

I am an atheist and I dont preach to anybody, mostly I get shit from people that hate me for no reason other then not believing in God.

Originally posted by dibz@Aug 14, 2003 @ 07:29 PM

I am an atheist and I dont preach to anybody, mostly I get shit from people that hate me for no reason other then not believing in God.

Indeed. Atheists are usually quick to defend themselves for a reason... they get attacked so damn constantly.

I used to be an atheist... it was too much of a hassle. Everybody would scream at me... Now I just don't care about religion...

Anyway, as to the point of the thread, I'm a stereotypical gamer. 18 year old white male of the middle class.

But I'm cuter than most. ;)

Hmmm

Videogamer, YES (not excessively but close to hardcore fan hehehe)

Male, YES (definetly like girls ;) )

White, Hmm that depends... Here in Mexico people is latino, and I'm a little whiter, but I do not have blond hair or blue eyes either :p

Middle Class, Well with the current crisis, economical recesion and so on is there anyone that is not poor? hehehe

I don't like people to hate each other... I believe the world is big enough to fit us all, so why to hate? And why to shut up in front of it?

SOOOOOOOOOOOO not talking about something and hiding it on your closets will solve the problem eh? <_<

I believe the Universe is big enough to fit us all- is the hearts of men that do shrink everytime they let hate get in. One Truth? One way? One God?

Let everyone decide it by themselves. Is there a God out there or not? I don't know. I guess no one really knows. I just know I have met with people and that's all I can say. Bad people, good people... Does it really matter?

Just gimme my Radiant Silvergun and I'll be happy :cheers

Originally posted by dibz@Aug 14, 2003 @ 08:29 PM

Not to get too off topic, but I'm glad you didn't take my last post too seriously.

I don't hate you, and I don't hate Atheist. I think Atheist add a critical and unique perception to the human race. Oddly though, Atheist seem to want to confront me everywhere I go on the internet. It's insane. When I read your post, I was like "Noooo!!, not again!! ... Not Here!!" :p

BTW, I have sigs turned off. I suppose I gotta enable them for a moment to understand the previous post. :blush:

Here in Mexico people is latino, and I'm a little whiter, but I do not have blond hair or blue eyes either

This pretty much brushes right up against the core issue, which is that "race" is something that's mostly an imaginary construct. It's a mishmash of genetics, culture, and geography that makes less sense the more you think about it: There are people of Asian ancestry who profess to have "Asian pride" (Asia doesn't include anything between China and the Ural mountain range, by the way; evidently that's just extreme north Africa and eastern Europe) while east Asian nations themselves have had a history of mutual racism. There are people of African ancestry who would argue that an affluent person of African ancestry is "not black". There are apparently those who think that Arabs are genetically distinct from Jews, which makes about as much sense as saying that Latinos are genetically distinct from Catholics. Sadly, the amount of confusion and outright deception associated with these kinds of issues is enough to make most discussions crash and burn real quick.

we all evolved from the same single celled organism. so what the hell we are all related even to that bug you just stepped on. how can you be genetically distinct? the only way for that to happen is if mating between a male and female cannot produce viable offspring. skin color is just that color. they say that us white folk can in just a few generations return to being as dark skinned as people in africa. chew on that one :D

Why do ppl even have to bring race up? If you notice...it's the white ppl who dont rlly care about it and usually drop it and it's always the minorities that always bring up "poor picked on me, blah, blah, blah"

If everyone can stop getting butt-hurt cuz sumone calls the cracker, lobster back or whatever the slur may be then I think we could all get along. I dont think I should have to watch everything I say cuz I am white and might hurt sumone who "not white and male". Now I can see if the slurs enter the work place or sumthin.....but doesn't that go for anything in the work place and not just racial slurs? I should get in the same ammont o trouble if I call my white female secretary a whore or call my black female boss a ###### whore (sorry for the bad language, I just perfer things blunt and how they are opposed to beating around the bush)

Basically I am just trying to say a slur should be taken as it is....a slur and not taken to the next level....if sumone thinks themselfs superior to you then good for them, let them. dont make it into sumthing it's not. doing so is just as bad as demanding white ppl to pay you $$ for what your ancestors went through....there is no reason why ppl should get money for such a thing, they never had to go through it. BUT if u get fired or whatever just because u are not white...then of course u should get sum $$ but I dont think there should have to be a certain number of women, or certain number of black ppl in the work place either.........ppl have gotten jobs just cuz they were of a minority and not cuz they were the best for the job....

Bleh~ I could go on forever about how society is dumb but i'll stop here................and BTW, I agree w/ what Gamefoo has to say to a point, we could be just as dark as you and u could be just as white as us.....give it a good 10 gens.

Originally posted by gamefoo21@Aug 16, 2003 @ 04:21 PM

we all evolved from the same single celled organism. so what the hell we are all related even to that bug you just stepped on. how can you be genetically distinct? the only way for that to happen is if mating between a male and female cannot produce viable offspring. skin color is just that color. they say that us white folk can in just a few generations return to being as dark skinned as people in africa. chew on that one :D

Shhh you could offend the catholic population of SX :p

Originally posted by BJammzz@Aug 18, 2003 @ 10:12 AM

Why do ppl even have to bring race up? If you notice...it's the white ppl who dont rlly care about it and usually drop it and it's always the minorities that always bring up "poor picked on me, blah, blah, blah"

Sure, blame it on us :lol:

Nah, I know what you mean, I'm mexican-american, and that doesn't matter. I'm proud of my heritage, but I don't necessarily care to bring it up in conversation, or even at all. It really doesn't matter what we are. Personality is what matters. That's how i judge people, with how they treat me.

Oh yeah, and i play video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back