Easy games

Myname

Established Member
I've been thinking about getting Guilty Gear X on the GBA, seeing as how the DC version was cool and everything. Since it'd have to be an import, I gave it a try on an emu first to see if it'd be worth it. Well if you call 10 minutes for the price of a new game worth it, then this is the game for you!

I finished it in literally that amount of time, without losing a round, only using ONE button and on the highest difficulty.

I just don't get who playtests these things.. A foetus? Plankton? A drunk mole with amputated paws? Anyways, I just wanted to have a rant about that, just glad I didn't shell out for it.

The abundace of easy games nowadays have the obvious point to make them accessible to the most retarded morons. Many newer games doesn't requires ANY kind of skill, or improvement at all. You don't need to pratice, there are no death levels, and what happened to the infamous and final "GAME OVER" screens? Infinite continues, save points... phht. The closer the nowaday games get to getting hard is to get the player lost in their 3D envronment, endlessly looking for the proper switch/item to activate.

The games lose their purpose when they lose their challenge.

Yeah, you can finish most games in a couple of days now.. I still haven't finished R-Type in one continue in over a decade. Still love it though, damn Xenomorphs
smile.gif
. I don't mind games being easy, so long as there's some way you can make it harder for yourself (not using bombs in a shoot em up, that sort of thing).

Originally posted by M3d10n@June 19 2002,17:01

and what happened to the infamous and final "GAME OVER" screens?

I think they were too insulting for the newbie gamers so they got rid of them
tongue.gif

Yeah, I know what you mean... sometimes it's a challange itself to find a challenging game
wink.gif

Hmmm, I think they can't put a decent AI in a portable console game. Most fighting games are easy since gameboy & game gear.

I dunno if it's just me, but some younger kids these days seem to be getting a bit lazier and meaner. I guess the game companies think that if they make their games too hard, kids won't wanna play them. And as much as I hate it, there is a market for that age group which nags and nags until their mothers get them what they want..... sorry I guess I'm just venting. All I know is that this 5 year old came up to me at school one day in May and told me "I slept with your mom last night"... I dunno but I'm pretty sure I was a bit more courteous when I was 5 years old.... oh well ???

speaking of challenges, you know what i don't get? I don't get why people buy strategy guides for games... It's like they're killing the game. I'll never buy a strategy guide ever again!, the only one i ever bought was FF1, because I needed to know what armors and weapons the warriors needed, and I was about 8 or 9 then.

Strategy guides are kind of silly. Plus they always cost at least £10. After buying a new game, I'm not prepared to shell out extra just to spoil the thing. But I guess lots of people are.

i once had a game that was way to hard for me and i hated it because i couldn't get anywhere. I don't know if that still occurs with games but i hated that game just because i couldn't advance in it(i forget what it) also i had some game it was a point and click game for the psx that had dragons in it. it was too easy beat it in a day, it was to obvious. point and click games in general are sometimes to easy but i really enjoy them since they tend to have a really good story(grim fandango was a really good point and click game).

Monkey Island took me ages to finish (the first one).. Mostly because it was always things like 'use confetti with angry rhinocerous' and 'use chicken pulley with telegraph pole'. You just had to go around doing every possible combination when you were stuck. Still one of my favourite games
smile.gif

Grim Fandango was cool also.. And Beneath a Steel Sky, that was a good game.

sometimes I'll be playing a game for hours and then I'll get stuck at something really stupid like how to open a door. Then when I try to figure out how to open the door it'll take me way too long before I figure it out. That's when instead of saying "screw this game and that door" I'll goto a guide only to figure out how to open that stupid door. But I never buy any guides, I just use GameFAQS or something that I wont have to pay for

That's what pisses me off in many newer games. They try being "hard" putting me lost or something like that.

The game flows steady for a while, then... huh... where to head next? Often it leads to a not-so-obvious path I need to manually change the camera in order to see.

And 3D jumping. Oh god! Countless games gets you stuck by making you jump again, and again, and again... just to fail miserably due the lack of actual 3D depth, since the screen is plain flat.

Game overs are kind compared to some games ending screens. Anyone rember the Space Quest Series, for computer, this game would insult you as you did something stupid. One of teh most common endings was thank you for playing you've been a real pantload. Of course this just made you want to finish the game more. My favorite death scene of all time would be shortly after starting SQ 2 You would be eaten by a monster plant the death captation would then read something like this. "Youve been eating but to your credit the plant monster will suffer from indigestion of your corpse and be very unpopular wiht the other plant monsters for the rest of the day. Thanks for playing!"

hahaha i remember games like those it made me mad so i went and just blasted through the game then i swore at it. dem were the days

The games I had the most trouble with were those damn irem(or icom) simulations. shadowgate was the only one i can beat, i lost Uninvited, and threw deja vu out da freakin window in frustration. they're not quite as easy as Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes for the 3do.

Back