Ebay Dilemma

hi all its been a loooong time since i last visited but you know how things go...

anyway i really need some advice, yesterday i purchased this megadrive from ebay

LINK

i was overjoyed until i found out postage would be more than the cost of the item! new total is 120 pounds! which is like 300 bucks AUD.

the seller is very friendly and has allowed me to cancel the transaction if i wish. however i really want this as many could understand.

should i get it or not?

best regards all :rockin:

depends on your purposes, if it's for collectors value then go for it, otherwise i'd just get a second hand one for cheaper

any chance of finding one somewhere closer i had this problem when i bought my new sc3000 its the only one ive seen never taken out of the plastic so i bit the bullet and paid 55 bucks to ship it from japan i think it was worth it though i would of never found a new sc3000 in the states so i guess it depends on if u think ud be able to find one closer or how much its worth to you though shipping does sound really high from that seller

yeah its for collectors value. i love anything to do with megadrive and sonic.

this is what he said about postage:

"Hi Ben I have researched postage and courier services for this item (4.5Kg in weight) and it's very expensive. I normally use Parcel2Go who have quoted (incl VAT) £65 and that seems to be the cheapest method other than Royal mail surface which takes up to 56 days and is still £45. I would totally understand if you were to have second thoughts and if you want to cancel then I am happy with that. Best Regards Chris"

any UK users got an idea?

Back