Finally got it

Originally posted by Zero 9+June 25 2002,20:02--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zero 9 @ June 25 2002,20:02)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Random Hajile@June 24 2002,19:01

sigh... I can see that this is going to go absolutely nowhere except further down the tubes, so I won't bother to discuss this any further....

zzz

Hehe, this is true, oh well...[/b][/quote]

it happens...
biggrin.gif

I'm just in a rotten mood today so making my posts totally concise and easy to read has been difficult.
smile.gif

NCSX is indeed listing wierd Xbox dating sims (at least one) it's called "Cupid Bistro"

sounds fun.... NOT!!!!
biggrin.gif

Quote Zero 9:

LOL, that is because MS gives you quality hardware and they lose ~$150 per Xbox sold...

PS2 costs about $180 to make and the Xbox costs about $350.

yeah that sounds like a killer business strategy...

biggrin.gif

This is all going to be a bit random as I try to recall the bits I actually want to respond to.
wink.gif

-- Xbox's architecture is very much PC-based, but it does away with the major problems (e.g. having to deal with a big clunky OS, bad drivers, and different hardware configurations) that normally plague PC developers, so it's far better than an equivalently specced PC.

-- I don't find any of Xbox's current library particularly compelling. About the only Xbox thing I'm really keen on seeing is neat homebrew stuff. PS2's library runs circles around Xbox's. Someone mentioned support from Konami and Capcom for Xbox, but so far it's little more than ports (Air Force Delta Storm, MGS2 Substance, Genma Onimusha). As far as I can tell, Konami has announced exactly zero original Xbox-exclusive titles, and Capcom only one (Tekki/Steel Battalion). Ports do not make a successful system.

-- I can't stand the US Xbox controller. The stupid thing looks like it's designed to be stared at rather than used. Thankfully, there's a nice little gadget from the magical Far East Lands that allows the use of other controllers...

-- Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo have all done incredibly stupid stuff at some point, so you might as well not buy any of the new consoles if you're not willing to buy from companies that have messed with their customers.

Quote ExCyber:

-- I don't find any of Xbox's current library particularly compelling. PS2's library runs circles around Xbox's. Someone mentioned support from Konami and Capcom for Xbox, but so far it's little more than ports (Air Force Delta Storm, MGS2 Substance, Genma Onimusha). As far as I can tell, Konami has announced exactly zero original Xbox-exclusive titles, and Capcom only one (Tekki/Steel Battalion). Ports do not make a successful system.

-- I can't stand the US Xbox controller. The stupid thing looks like it's designed to be stared at rather than used. Thankfully, there's a nice little gadget from the magical Far East Lands that allows the use of other controllers...

Ill second that...
biggrin.gif
(i edited out the part i didnt agree with)

Originally posted by cww80@June 24 2002,19:46

quote from Zero 9:

Haha, Sonic and Virtua Fighter...

Everyone mentions Halo, because it's better than any fps on any console. It is the system seller of all system sellers.

me:

those are Segas 2 biggest properties...Halo a system seller maybe at first,but look at the way things are now, Xbox is in last place...and is getting outsold by both the Dreamcast & PS in japan...(both systems are pretty much dead)
biggrin.gif

quote from Zero 9:

It's cool how you try and put two unrelated topics together to try and prove your very weak point.

quote from Zero 9:

PS2 doens't get Sonic either, and Sonic is not really a system seller for GC (although it was for me, heh).

me:

how is mentioning the japanese market unrelated...

i had to edit this post, cause it looked as if i was saying things i wasnt...

HERE is were u said Sonic is not doing well on GC...But yeat u kept telling me you never said it.....READ YOUR POSTS!!!

And I am not LIEING about the News Clip....

The TRUTH is Sony dropped price do to "LACK IN SALES"...

Would u PRAISE a game with Good graphics but shitty control...?

Except GTA3.....

No i'm sure u wouldn't...

The why praise A DvD player with shitty control....

And the "POINT" I was makeing about getting the Controler was 2 SEE if it control'ed the DvD player Better...But it didn't..

And the Smooth Texters gimic in the PS2 is for PSX games and u keep having 2 turn it on every time u turn on the System ...WAIST of TIME! ???

Quote SeGa4life:

HERE is were u said Sonic is not doing well on GC...But yeat u kept telling me you never said it.....READ YOUR POSTS!!!

And I am not LIEING about the News Clip....

The TRUTH is Sony dropped price do to "LACK IN SALES"...

once again, Zero 9 said sonic wasnt really a system seller...i never did!!!Zero 9 tell this guy it was you, its not funny anymore...im just going to have to find where Zero 9 said that and quote it again...the funny thing is if you read above where SeGa4life accused me of saying that it says, quote from Zero 9:

PS2 doens't get Sonic either, and Sonic is not really a system seller for GC (although it was for me, heh).

and this guy is telling me to read my posts...sheesh,cant even read his own...and as far as the PS2 not selling well...prove it!!!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by SeGa4life@June 26 2002,07:38

Would u PRAISE a game with Good graphics but shitty control...?

Except GTA3.....

No i'm sure u wouldn't...

The why praise A DvD player with shitty control....

And the "POINT" I was makeing about getting the Controler was 2 SEE if it control'ed the DvD player Better...But it didn't..

And the Smooth Texters gimic in the PS2 is for PSX games and u keep having 2 turn it on every time u turn on the System ...WAIST of TIME! ???

the point is...you have no point
biggrin.gif
yeah some nice spelling in your last post...how do you mix up waste with waist?
biggrin.gif

I apologize for thinking you said that Sonic was not a big seller I am the 1 that needs 2 read the Posts better...sorry ???

Now for me not having a point...?

How do u figure? You didn't say, you just criticized my spelling of a word...hmmmm.. come on man I'm sure you know that SONY promised us DvD based games and haven't even came out with 1 singal game? Thats 2 machines in 1, thats great but 1 machine to use that much more will break quicker, There is no point in putting a DvD on a VIDEO games machine if you don't even have the games 2 put on a DvD...NOTE: SEGA has made over 7 DvD based games so far 2 be released.

Thats great that sony wants DvD games but maybe they should work on making there games Smoother Texter before stepping on the next platform.

PS3 is going 2 have a Modem...Geeee ??? thats.great ???

umm ??? ya ??? didn't sony say PS2 was suppost 2 be online thoe....It's nice 2 know there more worried about the next system before they even got throw the first 1 ??? thats money grubers for ya not gamers... ???

Microsoft has the 3rd party support, so does gcn and ps2. All are decent systems excpet for the ps2, blah!! Remember, ps2 has been out a lot longer than both the xbox and gcn so there are few games so far for both systems.

-- Xbox's architecture is very much PC-based, but it does away with the major problems (e.g. having to deal with a big clunky OS, bad drivers, and different hardware configurations) that normally plague PC developers, so it's far better than an equivalently specced PC.
Yep, this is where the Xbox's developement ease and speed come in. Companies can create their games in almost half the time as PS2, and with better graphics and more time to polish.

-- I don't find any of Xbox's current library particularly compelling. About the only Xbox thing I'm really keen on seeing is neat homebrew stuff. PS2's library runs circles around Xbox's. Someone mentioned support from Konami and Capcom for Xbox, but so far it's little more than ports (Air Force Delta Storm, MGS2 Substance, Genma Onimusha). As far as I can tell, Konami has announced exactly zero original Xbox-exclusive titles, and Capcom only one (Tekki/Steel Battalion). Ports do not make a successful system.
Most of the multi console games coming out are going to be on Xbox first, simply because PS2 graphics jsut don't cut it on Xbox.

What does it matter what the controller looks like? It's how well it works playing games. And it does this well, after about hte first 5 minutes you use it, you forget thay you're holding a controller in the first place.

I don't think I need to mention that the "Japanese" controller is also out in the US, and there are several licensed 3rd party controllers?

-- Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo have all done incredibly stupid stuff at some point, so you might as well not buy any of the new consoles if you're not willing to buy from companies that have messed with their customers.
Agreed.

Originally posted by cww80@June 24 2002,21:39

Quote Zero 9:

LOL, that is because MS gives you quality hardware and they lose ~$150 per Xbox sold...

biggrin.gif

Yeah, a good business strategy is to give your customers quality hardware, not a hunk of crap (hardware wise only, don't start flaming).

Originally posted by Zero 9+June 26 2002,17:16--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zero 9 @ June 26 2002,17:16)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-cww80@June 24 2002,21:39

Quote Zero 9:

biggrin.gif

Yeah, a good business strategy is to give your customers quality hardware, not a hunk of crap (hardware wise only, don't start flaming).[/b][/quote]

is that all you can talk about is hardware...its all fine and good that its powerful,but it isnt helping it...PS2 continues to outsell it...also...do you still play your saturn...or are the graphics and hardware not good enough for you...
biggrin.gif

Well it's all in how you like your games, there are about 0 games so far for XBOX i want to play, but if your into shooter's and MMORPG's than XBOX is the system for you, they just released Morrowind and its awesome, but im not into MMORPGs sorry. i like my online RPG's to be small so i know the players. and god knows Morrowind will own the POS game titled Final Fantasy ONLINE.. god im just waiting in anticipation of how bad that games gonna be, oh dont get me wrong it will sell.. but if you need a job, apply for FFONLINE tech support before it hits shelves cuz they will need YOU (points)

Back