Graduation money

Gallstaff

Established Member
this year was my first year in school getting all A-'s or above, so my parents are giving me 1000 dollars. I dont' know what to spend it on so i turn to the people at segaxtreme. I am thinking of building a box, but i don't know if another computer is what i need. We have a computer the whole family uses which is pretty good. It's what i need so i don't know if another one would be practical.

My other option would be to buy a gokart, but then i remembered that it's illegal to drive those things in the street and we dont' have a big yard.

I could just pile up on xbox gamecube and pc games, but... meh sounds like waste of 1000 dollars.

So what do you guys think? I'm not limited to those options but those were my original plans. Please feel free to throw any of your ideas at me as i'm kinda stumped on this one.

Buy a POS car.
cool.gif

haha no way. I'm saving up for a car. Jeep wrangler with weighed down side bars for off roading.

Anyone else have ideas?

Um, yes it is illegal to use a gocart on public streets/sidewalks. I guess it depends on whee you live though.

Wow, if I'd have got money for school maybe I'd have made an effort instead of smoking outside and spitting on teachers when they walked past (joke). If it's gonna be gaming related, get something cool like a PC Engine Duo RX or Neo Geo home system or something. Or do what I did the last time I got a lump sum of money and build a cab for MAME and your consoles
smile.gif

As somebody who's not even 22, who's getting married next week and am trying to get a good start in life, lemme just say don't blow it all.

I spent a lot of money in HS and college that I wish I had now. When you move out on your own there are a lot of expenses that add up -- especially if you want to live comfortably and have nice stuff -- like the latest Sega games :)

i spent over $2000 the last few weeks just paying rent, buying a nice entertainment center, a TV, and some other furnature.

So i'd say buy a couple games, but stash most of it in the bank and invest in your future! You'll still want some fun stuff then too.

seriously
biggrin.gif

Well i don't really want to save any of it i want to spend it all now. I don't want something big and huge like a big-screen tv but wouldn't mind having something nice.

I know that along with whatever it is i'm getting i am giong to be buying some expensive software like flash and gonna be buying one or two games along with it. I'm really leaning towards this dance dance revolution machine i saw on ebay for 1500 dollars. I got the 500 saved, and was kinda holding out on it for money to by birthday presnets along the year, but i think i could part with it.

how do you get a DDR machine though your door?

I'm happy with my DC -- just need to get some decent DDR pads eventually

Dude, if I got a real arcade machine it would be like Daytona USA (driving games on console catch match arcade feel), Street Fighter Alpha 2 (or some other SF) or a cool Neo-Geo setup. Oh wait... maybe that 6-player X-Men.... ohhh I got shivers!

OK I'll stop now
smile.gif

The last arcade I went to had these sit-down cabs that must be like the new equivalent of jamma cabs, they were just sort of plain but with GIGANTIC monitors a few feet away from you. One had Virtua Fighter 4 and one had Tekken 4. I wouldn't mind one of those
smile.gif

Originally posted by Myname@June 25 2002,13:26

The last arcade I went to had these sit-down cabs that must be like the new equivalent of jamma cabs, they were just sort of plain but with GIGANTIC monitors a few feet away from you. One had Virtua Fighter 4 and one had Tekken 4. I wouldn't mind one of those
smile.gif

ooh cool -- haven't seen those.

Have any of you been to the Sony Metreon in San Francisco?

They have a nice arcade there

go to mexico buy up drugs with your money then sell them in the states to make a profit.

Unless you're really good at using flash i wouldn't recomend it.

i always want to buy old arcade games that i would play at chucky cheese(when they were basically arcades with food) and other arcades but i never feel like buying them when i have the money i do nothing wiht it and i don't want anything from it.

NO wants NO dessires not sure if that's total enlightenment or chronic depression.

Dude i'm very good with flash. I rip sprites out of emulators and then use them to make a sorta re-creation of the game or just parodies. it's cool.

and myname, those tables aren't new. They've been around since the eighties. Seems that only japan has gotten them though...

My grades before this year were mediocre at best
smile.gif
But 1000 dollars... if that's not motiviation i don't know what is! So people seem to think that a multi-game machine would be good? I dunno. I really am thinkint about getting that ddr machine.

bye bye bye, i'm your little butterfly.. oh sorry i was day dreaming ":)

Back