How do you store your games?

How do collectors store the massive quantities of games they accumulate??

I have all of my genesis and atari carts in plastic tupperware-like cases the close to avoid dust. (measuring about 2 by 3 feet and 6 inches high). They are difficult to stack and just barely fit in my closet. The bottom cases rarely open.

The CDs are a big problem. I buy these caselogic-like folders that hold 64 cds each. But they cost around $15 bucks each and fill up fast. Now I am looking for new options.

How do you guys store your collections? And where do you find the space?

I store my cdrs in 200 cd wallets... I know what you mean man about how expensive the wallets are... They are like 30 or 40 bucks for a 200 or so holder... I have 4 or 5, 100 spindles full of cdrs that I need cases for... I need money to buy some
sad.gif

I use tupperware containers for my cartridges. Then I store the boxes in oversized plastic bins. Mt SCD's I store in a CD wallet. I only have 15. All the rest I use entertainment shelves to sore them in the case. Though, my DVD collection is getting so huge, I've been thinking of using a big (150-200) CD book.

Originally posted by schi0249@Jun 23, 2003 @ 08:26 PM

I use tupperware containers for my cartridges. Then I store the boxes in oversized plastic bins. Mt SCD's I store in a CD wallet. I only have 15. All the rest I use entertainment shelves to sore them in the case. Though, my DVD collection is getting so huge, I've been thinking of using a big (150-200) CD book.

Yeah my DVD collection is starting to take over my limited shelf space

ahhhhhhhhh the horror

two days i spent, two f-ing days hand making a gigantic entertainment system to fit in my small room built in a 1/3 of my parents garage. i jammed every single one of my systems and all my legite games in this thing, which hid half of them behind the ones in front do to the still limit in space. The wiring was a fire frenzy but every thing worked and i was joyous. As for my copy's i jammed them in those disc case folder things (wal mart has good deals on them guys i never payed 40 bucks for one, more like 15 for a 200 disc case) each case labeled to its specific console. Ahhh the glory, the horror, i move out 4 months later and have no use for the god awful contraption and have all the space in the world, mi la do fresca poof collection now grow.

oh yeah and all games get backed up onto my computer, comp usa sale 175 gig HD 100 dollars... yey all for me.
blink.gif

yeah for reall they are so damn cheap and i go through them so fast i pass them on like candy to my friends and family... waste of time though they will never appreciate it

I just throw my shit in a pile. I know where to find crap in my mess because it's MY mess, that's why my friends hardly ever use my stuff when i'm not around.

i do that with my unbreakable, but these damn cd's break and scratch, and my systems cost to much to not care about them as for the rest...
tongue.gif

Cart Games take up about 4 drawers in the desk in my room, while CD games are in CD Wallets, or the origainal cases in large plastic containers. CD-R games are in 50-pack CD-R Spindles.

Originally posted by Jaded God@Jun 23, 2003 @ 08:14 PM

I store my cdrs in 200 cd wallets... I know what you mean man about how expensive the wallets are... They are like 30 or 40 bucks for a 200 or so holder... I have 4 or 5, 100 spindles full of cdrs that I need cases for... I need money to buy some
sad.gif

I use spindles too....100 discs on each!
wink.gif

then...i fill the same spindle's lid with another 100 or so....
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by racketboy+Jun 23, 2003 @ 05:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Jun 23, 2003 @ 05:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Zziggy00@Jun 23, 2003 @ 10:26 PM

CD-R games are in 50-pack CD-R Spindles.

you don't end up scratching them up like that? [/b][/quote]

roughly 7 50-packs filled with god knows what, no scratching yet
biggrin.gif

I used to keep my games in cd flip books until small scratches started showing up on them. Now I keep all my games that are in large cases on bookshelves, and games that are in regular CD cases I have a revolving tower that holds 150 cd's, and for DVD games I use a DVD shelf thingy.

WHAT SCRATCHES CDs MORE?

A CD spindle that stacks them?

A flip book where they slide in and out (possibly scratching)?

Or the bulky original cases (which you may slide around the disc before locating the center)?

Equation: Space conservation X Disc safety = ?

Originally posted by jeff-20@Jun 24, 2003 @ 05:38 AM

WHAT SCRATCHES CDs MORE?

A CD spindle that stacks them?

A flip book where they slide in and out (possibly scratching)?

depends what the material behind the CDs in the pages is.

you get what you pay for, if you ask me

I keep originals stacked on shelves, CDRs in big CD wallets and spindles.

My biggest problem is storing my arcade game boards. I've got 30+ of those things now...
blink.gif

I got shelves on walls... I've only started collecting 3 weeks ago, so I aint filled 2 shevles yet.

I got 13 Mega Drive games in cases, 5 Saturn Games, 9 Euro DC Games... I'll worry when I earn my next £500 and spend like £400 of it on Games
wink.gif

Back