I am going to die soon.

I am canceling the ssdl for those who know in the saturn forum. You know this is hard for me and i don't even believe it myself but i was told i am going to probably die in my mid 20s. All i have to say is if your wondering where my posts are and stuff i am trying to divert my time to stuff concerning me . if you want to know i am 19yrs old. I will still be around because I wouldn't have been here if it wasn't fun in the first place but my views are different so ill just chill back and reap the benefits of other peoples energy.

hey don't take offense to this but when you turn 20 or 21 you should go crazy and do everything you can think of lol I'd tell you what i would do if i was in the same situation but most likely that'd get me banned.

I don't know what to say other than I'm sorry.

And if I were in that predicament, I would try to live my life to the fullest in my last years.

Quote: from rvddx on 1:15 am on Jan. 21, 2002

I am canceling the ssdl for those who know in the saturn forum. You know this is hard for me and i don't even believe it myself but i was told i am going to probably die in my mid 20s. All i have to say is if your wondering where my posts are and stuff i am trying to divert my time to stuff concerning me . if you want to know i am 19yrs old. I will still be around because I wouldn't have been here if it wasn't fun in the first place but my views are different so ill just chill back and reap the benefits of other peoples energy.

Why are you dying?

Aorticopulmonary Window or Septal Defect

This is a type of rarecongenital abnormality consists of an opening between the ascending aorta and the pumonary artery. Because pressure is greater in the aorta, blood is shunted from the ascending aorta into the pulmonary artery creating an additional burden on the heart and ultimately causing severe pulmonary hypertension. For these regions surgery should be done as soon as possible... it goes on anyway the type of operation i had no one lived passed 25. they just all of a sudden black out and died. after all these years my mom finally told me.

Anyway the problem is right now any time i do something i am nervous and my mind is racing if i could be doing something better or doing what i am doing faster. like if i try to have fun i rush anyway i bet it is a downer for you for me to post this here but o well. I just have to type this out since I can't even believe its real.

Shit dude! Depressing time to be on the board at the moment... :(

I don't know what to say...just keep doing what you want, don't let anything stop you.

I'm sorry. But you shouldn'y crawl in a hole and wait for the inevitable. Live life to its fullest. Everybody dies...It's how we choose the way we live that seperates a good life from a great one.

3rdman

I don't know what to say, but if I were in your unfortunate situation, I would be ignorant of my affliction. Live like you don't have it. You will live happiest that way.

That's just my opinion, though. Best of luck, and maybe you'll disprove the life expectancy claims. I hope you do.

I'm really sorry to hear that.

I just hope that you are really doing the right thing and what you want to do... be it sitting on your butt playing video games for the rest of your days or out smackin on hot girls. Enjoy what time you have and try to do everything you can... :)

I'm sorry to hear this. If I can offer any advice, it would be what the guys on here have said. Live your life. Do all the things you've always wanted to, and don't look back. Everything from skydiving to punching a hooker in the face when she asks for the money ( more of a personal one for me, but hey ).

The sad truth is, we all die. It's gonna happen. Life was meant for living, might as well make the most of it.. Honestly, I may get hit by a bus tomorrow on Madison Ave, but right now, I know that if it happend, I'd have zero regrets ( execpt for that one girl in mexico, i still itch )

I feel deeply sorry for you, but I have to admit that you are handling this very maturly and very well. I had a friend once who passed away at the age of only 19 because he had lung cancer. He didn't tell me about it at all until about 6 months before he died, despite the fact he knew about it about a year before that. He told me that he did not want people to know about his illness because he felt emabrassed. I then told him that he had nothing to be embarassed about and for the last few months that I was able to be with him, I saw a totally different person that he had been holding back. He was really able to live his life to the fullest before he passed away.I'm glad to see that you are able to talk about it and I'm glad to see that all of us here at SX are supporters of rvddx.

I feel deeply sorry for you, and I'm sure that all of us at the moment can't possibly understand how you feel.

I really can't give you much advice except for to do what the people here have said, and that you should try to live your life as if you don't even know about your disease.

If you ever need anybody to talk to, I'm here and so is everyone else on the forum. If you ever feel the need to, you can contact me with the information that I have provided on my user profile.

I wish you the best of luck in hopes that you'll beat the odds, and live as long as you can possibly can. Please, take the advice of the people on this forum (but seriously, don't do any of the ridiculous ideas a couple of people have mentioned) and try to remain calm. Panicking and remaining depressed will just make things worse for you however, I know that it may be hard for you not to do so.

Sincerely,

Sonic1787DC

(Edited by Sonic1787DC at 4:56 pm on Jan. 22, 2002)

the idea of death hasn't reared it's head upon me or anyone truly close to me, so I'm sure I don't understand how you feel.

I am truly sorry to hear this, and hope you live the rest of your life doing everything you've wanted to do. Live the good parts of life and enjoy.

I do not have anything constructive to say, rather some thoughts I am thinking about right now and please take no offense to my crazy views:

I am saddened by this news and use the cliche of "I am sorry."

"100 years as sheep or a day as a lion?" I really don't know how to respond to this proverb. I must say that some people take life for granted and even more never realize that they do.

"To be or not to be?"

No more; and by a sleep to say we end

The heartache, and the thousand natural shocks

That flesh is heir to,—'tis a consummation

Devoutly to be wish'd. To die,—to sleep;—

To sleep: perchance to dream:—ay, there's the rub;

For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,

When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,

Must give us pause: there's the respect

That makes calamity of so long life;

For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,

The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,

The pangs of despis'd love, the law's delay,

The insolence of office, and the spurns

That patient merit of the unworthy takes,

When he himself might his quietus make

With a bare bodkin? who would these fardels bear,

To grunt and sweat under a weary life,

But that the dread of something after death,—

The undiscover'd country, from whose bourn

No traveller returns,—puzzles the will,

And makes us rather bear those ills we have

Than fly to others that we know not of?

Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;

And thus the native hue of resolution

Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought;

And enterprises of great pith and moment,

With this regard, their currents turn awry,

And lose the name of action.

Hamlet argues that death will be the end of all suffering and uncertainty. It is unavoidable.

Again, I am sorry with the position you are in. I do suggest a great author about this subject. Ram Dass and his books "Still Here: Embracing Aging, Changing, and Dying."

I don't know if you are in pain right now, but the people around you are there for you. There are those that lose hope and give up at life entirely. You have plenty to live for. Never lose hope

-Sincerely

Morey

Hey, VERY sorry to hear this. The only input I have that wasn't mentioned here is fight, stay healthy and don't do anything TOO crazy. If you wanna go and party with the guys and stuff, do it, just not too much. Hope you get better and become a rebel and fight the odds!

Later.

~BJammzz~

I almost died once, by mere inches. I can still see my life flashing. But one thought that may or may not be comforting to you, but is to me is....You KNOW when your going to die, most other people dont, I almost thing not knowing is scarier...maybe its just me.

Back