I know it isn't sega but...

Gallstaff

Established Member

Well I just preordered myslef the new zelda for Gamecube. I couldn't resist after basking in it's glory for all of 120 seconds at EB. So anyway just a heads up for you guys who are putting that off. If you don't preorder it this week you won't get the bonus disc that comes with Ocerna of Time and the remake that was never released outside of Japan. I'm pretty happy about it.

Anyone else preorder?

Yepp yepp, I did
smile.gif
. A HUGE Zelda fan, if SEGA had Zelda there would be no more need for the big N, hehe j/k. Nintendo is my 2nd fave ppl next to SEGA of course. but ya, sunday is gunan be a good day....2 new zelda games...

Sunday? Does ups deliver on sunday? They didn't even give me a day they just said probably by friday or monday at latest.

That xtra stuff almost makes me wanna preorder it, even though I don't own a GC yet.. I might have to scrape up the money, just so I'll have it for future use.

All right, now I'm a little peeved. I thought the bonus disc was only going to be offered if you preordered. Now they're selling them for ten bucks a pop! It's nice that they're doing it, but the main reason I preordered the game was to get something I thought would be rare (or rarer). Oh well...

I preordered Wind Waker from my local Toys R Us. I am not certain that I am getting the bonus disc although that is why I preordered it. They don't know what is coming so they could not tell me if it would be sold with the extra or not. They told me they will have it by March 23rd. I might check in on them over the weekend to see if they got it. I know the toys r us site(amazon) is giving away the disc. The online stores differ in the release date for Wind Waker but they all agree that Ura Zelda is coming out on 2/16. Kinda wierd imo.

the remake that was never released outside of Japan.

Well it was released with the jap Wind Waker and our release dates usually fall after Japan's for their own software so of course it hasn't been released outside of Japan. Seriously I know what you mean but there has been misinformation floating around about Urazelda(Zelda 64DD). Let me clear things up. Urazelda was never released period. This bonus disc is the first time it has been distributed by Nintendo anywhere.

ten bucks? where? I might need to know.

Dont get me wrong here, I love the Zelda series, but after zelda 3 for the snes, the series started getting ridiculous, the 3d zeldas are beyong ridiculous looking (from a 2D fan perspective) and I could never get into them. After seeign the new release for the GCN, I couldnt believe how bad they warped link, he looks chinese. It looks ridiculous to me. So now way would I preorder the game.

Sorry to ramble on, but just had to let my opinion out. I know you all have your own perspectives on the game and I respect them, just so you know.

Well, the new Zelda fits the 2-d Zelda look a HELL of a lot more than OOT or Majora's Mask do. It's cartoony and colorful yes, but look at Link to the Past for SNES....it's cartoony and colorful! I personally like OOT as my fave 3-D Zelda...this new one might change my mind. Rat, you NEED to play through OOT! Majora's Mask just takes too long till it's fun and u will hate all Zelda's if u play that one. and BTW.....places around here have had the bonus discs for 2 days now.....it kicks ass!!!!! It supports progressive scan mode! woot woot! :cheers

The Zelda pre-order deal doesn't start till Feb. 16th (at least officially)

NOA's reply to my email:

Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo,

Unfortunately, the only way to get The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest is to pre-order The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker starting this February 16th. For more information about this exciting announcement, please visit the following web page:

http://www.nintendo.com/news/news_articles...?articleID=7847

Sorry buddy but it ENDS the 16th. That'st he deadline for getting the game with preorders. I know because my game already came and compltely BLEW my chance for a date that could have ended in greatness (Fucking Gorons) so that's just an idea of how powerful this shit is.

I go to the mall once a month or sometimes every other month. I had to be told by someone I know that it could be obtained without preordering locally. I picked the bonus disc up today for $15 at my local best buy.

lozcount.gif

Nice gif though it says 47 when I believe it is closer to 38.

I know the game isnt played like OOT or majoras mask, its just the look of the game. cell shaded cartoons? please. I know the snes zelda 3 had a wild colour pallete, but it actually looked good and it was an overhead 2d action rpg.

Thats what i liked about the snes zelda. I'm not big on 3D games as well. I find that 3D rpg's tend to be bad. For instance. I played Final Fantasy 7 Till the 2nd Disc. It was a good story but the 3d aspect completely ruined it for me. I couldnt finish that game just becasue of the 3D.

If you ask me I think that game developers shoudl make a few more 2D rpg's. My only fix for this problem is to play the rpg's offered on the Gameboy Advance. It has absolutely no way to pull off 3D rpgs so they have the 2d'rs.

I think that the RPG died when the snes was finished and everyone jumped on the lets make everything 3D bandwagon.

Just my 2 cents.

I know the snes zelda 3 had a wild colour pallete, but it actually looked good and it was an overhead 2d action rpg.

So are you saying that you don't think the new Zelda looks good? I for one think it looks great, it's the only system out there that could pull it off as well as it did. And as for you not liking the whole 3-d thing, I can understand that. Most games that are in 3-d have shitty control and such, that's why Zelda is soooo good, the gameplay. Zelda games never really had much of a story line....Wind Waker seems to be one of the more story-filled Zelda games. But ya, you seriously need to give OOT a try. Never met ANYONE who has disliked the game, even people like you who don't like the whole "3-d" thing.

Yeah I mean the game is 3d... so what? Does that automatically make it a horrible game? I personally was born into the 16 bit era but by the time i was about 5 the saturn and psx were dueling it out so i only had a short run with 2-d though i still love it today.

I'm just saying maybe i don't see where you are coming from but the game is still great. The look is weird in screenshots but the game's shading techniques are so well done that the look pulls it all together everything seems like in a different

sort of zelda universe and it gives you just a different, supiror feeling.

I am not saying that its a horrible game. I just dont like what nintendo did with the game, instead of going more realistic they went the complete opposite, link for one looks horrible, they warped his head. he looks like a lemon.

Zelda should be 2D, going 3d = bad.

I will hopefully get mine tomorrow. I had a friend at a store buy it with his discount.

cool. Hey does anyone know if every copy is a golden version or if that was just preorders.

Back