Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Saturn English Patch

Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Saturn Translation 0.19b

1st freeze of the patch right as I attempted to use the item shop in Raculi. Sometimes it will freeze before I even enter the shop.

Here is a copy of the save from Fenrir. easyupload.io

Attachments

• 20230205_114206.jpg
    20230205_114206.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 143
  • 20230205_114225.jpg
    20230205_114225.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 129
In the Epilogue/Special now. Finishing the main story; I would say 90% of Zophar's dialogue suffered from the dialogue overlapping issue. (His avatar never appears either) Also, get some strange X's/Hearts in dialogue occasionally. The Rememberizer completely messes up the graphics of the game and is unusable. Should have this all knocked out tomorrow.

Here is a save of the issue regarding the Rememberizer.

Attachments

• 20230205_211345.jpg
    20230205_211345.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 134
  • 20230205_211456.jpg
    20230205_211456.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 122
  • 20230205_211534.jpg
    20230205_211534.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 134
  • 20230205_213132.jpg
    20230205_213132.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 123
  • 20230205_213143.jpg
    20230205_213143.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 119
All done with this playthrough. Had a great time with it. Only thing I didn't do is get all the Rememberizer locations.

Final save file. easyupload.io

Attachments

• 20230206_092742.jpg
    20230206_092742.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Forgot to mention that Lucia's Pendant has the exact same issue as the Rememberizer.
What issue is that? Just corrupts the screen when viewed in the equip screen?
If thats the case, the ring update fixes it.

Just realized you meant when you go to use it. Yeah i see that now, my guess is its calling some similar code.

(Note: Looks like the goddess crest causes a buffer overflow crash. For some reason it sends in a strange item id for it, but i can correct for that. Might be the source of some of the crashes youve seen?). Trying to hook into the rememberizer code now and figure out what thats doing...

Last edited:
I only had the crash in Raculi. Didn't notice anything else different with the Goddess Crest. (Outside of the equip screen)

Rememberizer/Pendant fixed. Crests also fixed, gave them a bad index. In the equip screen they arent supposed to print the item description of the crest but a description of what the crest or crest combo does.

1675770390617.png

Last edited:
A few more. 1st picture the NPC if I talk with it will continue to give me the Bromide over and over again. It doesn't duplicate the entry in the inventory and nothing negative seems to come of it. Going to continue to play the PlayStation version to see if it happens over there. (Can't remember if it does) 2nd Picture I went to collect the Thieves' Staff after Lemina decided to cough up her treasure in Vane and was greeted with this message. It did give me the Thieves' Staff unannounced.

Currently on Disc 2 at the Blue Dragon's Cave. Edit couple more pictures of typos (kanji).
Ok, looks like saturn file 1601 was botched up. The equivalent psx file is smpg8800.dat. This caused the two bromide reporting issues.
Raculi is also a mess, i'll need to clean that up. It looks like the shop is calling a dialog to give item #0x24, which crashes the game. (Appears i deleted the wrong 2 lines of dialog from the psx version...)

X's and heart's are JP-only graphics i threw in the font table in the event we add them back. They are showing up because they occupy the same slot as '[' and ']' , which apparently are used in this game. (SSSC didnt use either of them). I'm just going to add the two characters in the font for now and get rid of or put the JP characters somewhere else.

Last edited:
I cant seem to figure out Mednafen disc swapping right now and dont have much free time for testing today. If anyone wants to try out the attached, I believe it should fix all of the new issues reported by @cww80

(deleted v0.19a since it has been superceeded by 0.19b)

Last edited:
Disc swapping works, but has to save a temporary file when using the Rememberizer. Then when you reset the Saturn it will load the video .Not as nice as the disc swapping in the PlayStation version. It looks like it correctly shows the current disc, but not what disc the movie file resides in.

I'll go and get more Rememberizer locations to see if it shows what disc the movie file is on. The other image is what it looks like on the PlayStation.

Attachments

• 20230212_114010.jpg
    20230212_114010.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 103
  • 2023-02-12 13_16_52-Greenshot.png
    2023-02-12 13_16_52-Greenshot.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Been playing around with Mednafen and Retroarch Beatle cores and with Lunar 2 disc switching is broken. None of the current emulators like the temporary save file Lunar 2 makes for disc switching. It just creates an endless loop between disc 1 and 2; Perhaps; I'm missing something, but tried disc switching with the .m3u files as well. Obviously disc switching works fine on real hardware, including with ODE's

Disc swapping works, but has to save a temporary file when using the Rememberizer. Then when you reset the Saturn it will load the video .Not as nice as the disc swapping in the PlayStation version. It looks like it correctly shows the current disc, but not what disc the movie file resides in.

I'll go and get more Rememberizer locations to see if it shows what disc the movie file is on. The other image is what it looks like on the PlayStation.
I see what i did -- the entire line is a text string. For some reason when i retyped it in English, I put the disc number on the left instead of the right. Doing it correctly will probably require fiddling with how many spaces to insert to the right until the number lines up in the correct column. So I'll probably just correct the string to have the disc number to the right of the text and wait until someone has a save state of all of the movies to fix the alignment.

Been playing around with Mednafen and Retroarch Beatle cores and with Lunar 2 disc switching is broken. None of the current emulators like the temporary save file Lunar 2 makes for disc switching. It just creates an endless loop between disc 1 and 2; Perhaps; I'm missing something, but tried disc switching with the .m3u files as well. Obviously disc switching works fine on real hardware, including with ODE's
Good, I'm not going crazy. It worked for me once, and now I'm getting that issue where it keeps asking me to swap the discs over and over.

Played around with the WD PSX version for fun and found this -- apparently its in the game somewhat. Not equipable by Hiro...

1676433732008.png

Back