Lunar SSS & SSSC MPEG Releases

Nice, i don´t own a mpge card but where can i found the LSSS patch?. And thanks again.
The latest one is buried in the older lunar thread on this forum, beta 1.1.2f. I’ll probably have another update in the next week and post to the top of this thread then. That lost money bug was never fixed in either version.

Thanks, it would be nice to update the main post as you say. Just for curiosity, how many people is involved on this? i knew Ms Tea and Mr Conan but maybe are others, the same with Magical School Lunar, i think this is Ms Tea proyect too.

Thanks, it would be nice to update the main post as you say. Just for curiosity, how many people is involved on this? i knew Ms Tea and Mr Conan but maybe are others, the same with Magical School Lunar, i think this is Ms Tea proyect too.
Everyone is listed in the text file contained in the patch. (If it wasnt obvious im Mr Conan; this is a 20 year old nick ive had on SX). Im not on the team working on Magic School, so aside from Ms Tea, im not sure who is involved and cant comment on the progress.

This is an awesome release, but is there a way to keep the Japanese voices and get only subs?
I know it's a matter of taste, but I find the English voices atrocious, even for that time period :biglaugh:

Edit: Ah never mind, I just saw a subs version was on the todo list. Well I guess I will wait then :p

This is an awesome release, but is there a way to keep the Japanese voices and get only subs?
I know it's a matter of taste, but I find the English voices atrocious, even for that time period :biglaugh:

Edit: Ah never mind, I just saw a subs version was on the todo list. Well I guess I will wait then :p
Its going to lag while i work on the voice/crashing bug in SSSC and the slow loading bug on SSS.

Out of curiosity which voices are you referring to? If its the Working Designs ones, we're not using those. We're instead using the XSeed dub, which actually uses professional voice actors who have done roles in pretty famous anime dubs. For example in this dub Alex is voiced by the same VA who voiced Suzaku Kutarugi in Code Geass and Nall is voiced by the same person who voiced Shinji in Evangelion.

You can see it in action here:

So, @klarth I've come do bargain.
My dvd drive isn't compatible to any of the redump method and I can't rip my disc that way. But a clone cd image works flawlessly. Have you considered releasing a clone cd compatible patch?

Out of curiosity which voices are you referring to? If its the Working Designs ones, we're not using those. We're instead using the XSeed dub, which actually uses professional voice actors who have done roles in pretty famous anime dubs. For example in this dub Alex is voiced by the same VA who voiced Suzaku Kutarugi in Code Geass and Nall is voiced by the same person who voiced Shinji in Evangelion.

You can see it in action here:

Oh my bad, I didn't know there were 2 versions!
Wow those voices are indeed miles better than Working Designs ones, that's great :D
I can't say I recognize those voices tho, since I'm not a native English speaker and I watched Code Geass and Evangelion in Japanese.

So, @klarth I've come do bargain.
My dvd drive isn't compatible to any of the redump method and I can't rip my disc that way. But a clone cd image works flawlessly. Have you considered releasing a clone cd compatible patch?
I’ll put out an alternative patch method similar to SSS since the redump compliant drives are a pain to come by... Might take me a few weeks to get around to it.

I'd imagine the issue is that the Official PAL VCD Cards from Sega can only play PAL Encoded MPEGs, and the ones in Lunar are NTSC Encoded.

What exactly happens? Does it stop at the “you need a vcd card” screen?
yeah thats exactly what it does, and i definately have my pal card plugged in. i know it works as i have watched a couple of vcds on it (although not rescently)

The video is 320x224 at 29.97 FPS. Standard NTSC VCD is 352x240 but same frame rate. My guess is it still would need to be reencoded for PAL due to the difference in frame rate? Right now i cant re-mux the program streams, just overwrite video/audio 1:1

I havent studied the VCD card communications, but clearly there is something there checking for PAL vs NTSC. I can make a patch to bypass the VCD card check, no guarantees if your system will play the video or crash the system.

Any plans to bring a translation to Lunar 2 by chance? I would love to see how the version differs from the PS1 release.

No plans for now, Im just focusing on the first game for the time being. I took a brief look at it a while ago and it doesnt seem to use the same exact game engine.

yeah thats exactly what it does, and i definately have my pal card plugged in. i know it works as i have watched a couple of vcds on it (although not rescently)
If you swap in this xdelta for track 1, it will let you continue past the vcd card error message after you hit a button. No guarantees what will happen after that with regard to video.....

Attachments

• sssc_track1_dub_patch_BypassVcdChk.7z
    4.8 MB · Views: 167
Back