Misc Observations and News

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Jul 9, 2003 @ 05:57 AM

What the hell are you talking about? You mean to tell me these systems didn't do well?

Ps2

Genesis (yes it did do well)

Gamecube

Xbox

The saturn to some extent

There are other systems which did well but I think those are the most prominant of the darker systems.

Oh yeah? Well why does everyone want the white Bally Astrocade more than the black one? I think it is a conspiracy from "the MAN"...
laugh.gif
I'm just being stupid.... ha ha

Anyone who buys one of those gamecube gba converters are retarded... That has got to be the stupidest idea in the world..

Playing a GBA game on a big TV?? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having PORTABLE GAMES!?!?!
damn.gif

If your going to play on the big screen play the actual gamecube with better graphics or go buy a real SNES. Just another way for Nintendo to make money and show off.

*Yes I too hate how ebay changed their pages, it looks ugly and has a horrible new interface* :huh

Originally posted by Jaded God@Jul 9, 2003 @ 09:19 PM

Anyone who buys one of those gamecube gba converters are retarded... That has got to be the stupidest idea in the world..

Playing a GBA game on a big TV?? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having PORTABLE GAMES!?!?!
damn.gif

If your going to play on the big screen play the actual gamecube with better graphics or go buy a real SNES. Just another way for Nintendo to make money and show off.

*Yes I too hate how ebay changed their pages, it looks ugly and has a horrible new interface* :huh

I want to get one eventually.

I love Golden Sun (and some others) but I hate to play it only on my little GBA -- epecially in bad lighting. I get neck cramps.

I think it would be cool to play it on the TV at home and then play it on the GBA on the road or when the TV is tied up already.

It's not that hard to understand

Originally posted by racketboy+Jul 9, 2003 @ 04:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Jul 9, 2003 @ 04:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jaded God@Jul 9, 2003 @ 09:19 PM

damn.gif

I want to get one eventually.

I love Golden Sun (and some others) but I hate to play it only on my little GBA -- epecially in bad lighting. I get neck cramps.

I think it would be cool to play it on the TV at home and then play it on the GBA on the road or when the TV is tied up already.

It's not that hard to understand [/b][/quote]

Yeah, the reason i bought it was because after playing long hours of rpg games, i would have terrible neck cramps. And i always had to position my self to get good lighting.

Originally posted by SegaSquad@Jul 8, 2003 @ 05:05 PM

And i never find myself playing GBA games at home anyways. Unless its when im on the thinking chair.

You play your GBA on the toilet? Don't drop it in there...

Originally posted by Jaded God@Jul 9, 2003 @ 09:19 PM

damn.gif

That way you´ll not need glasses in the future.

Originally posted by Quadriflax+Jul 9, 2003 @ 09:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Quadriflax @ Jul 9, 2003 @ 09:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-SegaSquad@Jul 8, 2003 @ 05:05 PM

And i never find myself playing GBA games at home anyways. Unless its when im on the thinking chair.

You play your GBA on the toilet? Don't drop it in there... [/b][/quote]

Sadly that has almost happened once. I have dropped numerous things in the toilet. Once i dropped a DC VMU in there while playing a minigame. And the gross thing is that it was before i flushed! :puke:

i got it to renew intrest in finisheing golden sun

i got so sick of getting blinded from the reflection of the light

(i have yet to get an afterburner - and i dont likt the sp)

but i also wanted to play the portables on a big screen

golden sun looks great but guilty gear looks horrible

any ways i get it -- pop in golden sun and find out my save has been corrupted - what a fucking bummer

when im home i rather play on a tv -- on the road is when ill use the portable

also im a fan of 16 bitish games and hate how the new systems have no games like that -- so this also gives the feel of haveing a console where i can buy "new" 16bitish games to play in

it sucks how thers no imporvement in sound thogh

When Ratfish said the GameBoy Color was the first one to do it, I think he meant TRUE backwards compatibility. In the MD/Genny's case, you need the PowerBase Convertor to play SMS games. You only needed to worry about MD/Genny games on 32x if you bought it (I did! Long Live The 32x!
biggrin.gif
). The PoS2 also does TRUE backwards compatibility in play PSX games right out of the box. GBA as well.

About the Game Boy Player, the second I saw it I was like "Super GameBoy Advance"

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jul 9, 2003 @ 09:13 PM

When Ratfish said the GameBoy Color was the first one to do it, I think he meant TRUE backwards compatibility. In the MD/Genny's case, you need the PowerBase Convertor to play SMS games. You only needed to worry about MD/Genny games on 32x if you bought it (I did! Long Live The 32x!
biggrin.gif
). The PoS2 also does TRUE backwards compatibility in play PSX games right out of the box. GBA as well.

About the Game Boy Player, the second I saw it I was like "Super GameBoy Advance"

That is so true. I couldn't have said it better.

Back