name this quote

Originally posted by it290@Oct 28, 2003 @ 05:16 PM

"Someday the next great emigration will occur, as we leave this existence looking for another"

Sounds like it's from the scene in FF9 when Zidane is talking to the girl on Terra, but I could be wrong.

crap i've missed out on 3 that i knew since the last time i was here and now that i am here i'm stumped lol.

(i know what it is but i googled this one) :p

I don't know if I'm "allowed" to go or not :p no rules seem to really be in place aside from "no Google", but just because this is a great one (and no, it's not from a game, but the source material for more than a few, which I hope counts for something ;)):

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.

I think it might be wisest to have only one quote awaiting identification at any one time, but that's just me.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Oct 28, 2003 @ 09:05 PM

I don't know if I'm "allowed" to go or not :p no rules seem to really be in place aside from "no Google", but just because this is a great one (and no, it's not from a game, but the source material for more than a few, which I hope counts for something ;)):

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Haha, Gandalf said that. Was that in a LotR game? :blink:

Originally posted by mal@Oct 28, 2003 @ 11:14 PM

I think it might be wisest to have only one quote awaiting identification at any one time, but that's just me.

:agree

Yea this just got really confusing really fast lol. The person that identifies a quote should post the next one I think.

Originally posted by NR Pickle+Oct 28, 2003 @ 07:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NR Pickle @ Oct 28, 2003 @ 07:29 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MasterAkumaMatata@Oct 28, 2003 @ 02:29 AM

I am power made fleash! Fell how weak you truly are!

:thumbs-up:

You make that too easy quoting your namesake lol. That's akuma from sf.[/b][/quote]

:ph34r: Close, but no cigar. :flamethrower:

Originally posted by Des-ROW+Oct 29, 2003 @ 01:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Des-ROW @ Oct 29, 2003 @ 01:44 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MasterAkumaMatata@Oct 29, 2003 @ 12:32 AM

Shin Akuma from Street Fighter Alpha 2 (US ver.), Sega Saturn release.[/b][/quote]

Ahh, finally someone who knows. Good job! :cheers

I think that it should be Des-ROW's turn and that we take turns from now on.

You know, like the screen shot game. OK?

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata+Oct 29, 2003 @ 12:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MasterAkumaMatata @ Oct 29, 2003 @ 12:56 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Des-ROW@Oct 29, 2003 @ 01:44 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-MasterAkumaMatata
@Oct 29, 2003 @ 12:32 AM

Shin Akuma from Street Fighter Alpha 2 (US ver.), Sega Saturn release.

Ahh, finally someone who knows. Good job! :cheers [/b][/quote]

whatever lol

Aren't shin akuma and akuma technically the same person anyway? Kind of like ryu/evil ryu?

Originally posted by NR Pickle@Oct 29, 2003 @ 02:31 AM

whatever lol

Aren't shin akuma and akuma technically the same person anyway? Kind of like ryu/evil ryu?

Ok, you technically get the cigar since Des-ROW told me she doesn't like cigars. :smokin: :D

I have no clue what that means (apart from "shine!!!", which is not a nice thing to say :devil), but I'm convinced that I know it from somewhere just based on the cadence; there's a sort of harmony in it. I want to say it's from Samurai Shodown 4... couldn't really pin it on a character but I can't imagine anyone other than Amakusa saying it.

Yes, I'm grasping at straws here. :sigh

edit: just noticed that this is my 2097th post

Back