New Sega Console -- FOR REAL -- kinda

racketboy

Established Member
Sega is apparently ready to release a simple console that you simply plug into your TV to play some built-in classic games. This is similar to the offerings that Atari and Namco have released in the past year or so. Currently this is only in Japan, but we might possibly see it elsewhere. As for games, looks like there's a Sonic in there, Golden Axe, maybe a Puyo Puyo game (some puzzle game anyway) and a few others too...

Babblefish Link to Source

Attachments

• toy_s03.jpg
    toy_s03.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 81
  • toy_s03.jpg
    toy_s03.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 82
  • toy_s03.jpg
    toy_s03.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 81
that babel fish translation was well almost all babel , i think it should come with more than 6 games and weres the second controller ? If your going to make somthing like this they should have made it with arcade ports . I looks kinda cool though .

From the back of the Box, it looks like:

Sonic The Headgehog

Altered Beast

Golden Axe

Kid Chameleon

I can't make out the other two.

Oh man.. Golden Axe, Kid Chameleon... My absolute favorite MD/Genny games... (besides Phantasy Star)...

I NEED this...

Mega drive was imitated, lovely the substance and the controller which seem. It shines in the controller, "16BIT" invites nostalgia. As for being recorded genesis edition the "sonic the hedgehog", the "golden ax" and the "chameleon kid" and so on 6 titles. Connecting to the television, it can play immediately. That bosom oak it was in display of the exhibition meeting place and graphics it had started projecting without inferiority

Oh man. I can't wait. I had disappointment when last I tried to project with a bosom oak. :(

But this bosom oak sounds great. :)

What a legel OFFICIAL Sega produced one?

Coool I have a pirate produced one which looks kinda like that.It has Sonic,Golden Axe,Monaco,Colums,Altered Beast and a few other classic early games plus a aload of crap hacks like Sonic 6 which is Sonic but starting on a different level or somet,or pink hedghogs or somet stupid!.I have had it about 12 months its named The Super Mega Drive 3! yeah official ;) It origanates from Brazil.

Yeah, TecToy has been doing this kind of thing in Brazil for a while now (although not as small). If they cross the seas, I'll probably buy one for the novelty even though I have all the games already. Hopefully the emulation/MD-on-a-chip will be ok, I have one of the Atari sticks, and, while cool, the sound emulation is off and they screwed with some of the games.

Originally posted by it290@Jun 16, 2004 @ 04:07 PM

Yeah, TecToy has been doing this kind of thing in Brazil for a while now (although not as small). If they cross the seas, I'll probably buy one for the novelty even though I have all the games already. Hopefully the emulation/MD-on-a-chip will be ok, I have one of the Atari sticks, and, while cool, the sound emulation is off and they screwed with some of the games.

I am interested in knowing what is inside that thing, more than the games. If it had a cart port, a screen, and didn't use up much power, I'd be VERY interested. :D

2 me this console is just a pain in the ass. i already own the games it comes with and a megadrive but now i gotta go through the trouble of obtaining this thing in order for my collection to be just that bit more complete.

seriously though its pretty cool, as Xavier said a machine which played the arcade versions would have been better. but i guess more difficult and expensive to produce?

hmm cant wait to break that thing open lol

This seems like a smart buisness move. IF sega sees people are interested in their products still, maybe that can sway their decision to make a new real console. I mean... I dont know if thats even an option after that sammy thing. But still, it would be nice.

Flicky? Aw, come on! At least give us Revenge of Shinobi or Super Hang-On!

As far emulating the arcade verisons, well, the Genesis versions of Golden Axe and Altered Beast are damn close anyway. And who wants to play the arcade version of Sonic?

Who are those other two characters in the pictures of the Sonic Aracade Game?? They dont look like tails and knuckles to me.

So is that game like a true multiplay sonic? I never knew something like this existed.

They're 'Ray' and 'Mighty', at least according to the screenshot. I'm not sure what type of animals they're supposed to be. The arcade game was in development before/at the same time as Sonic 2, so apparently they thought of some other 'sidekick' characters. As I understand it, the game never went into mass production, and very few machines were made. Also, I believe the characters controlled with a trackball, which sounds kind of cool. The game is emulated now, so you can try it out if you want.

Back