Not videogame related but jesus...

Thats like saying, why was Charles Manson or the Son of Sam in the news? Because they were serial killers! And from what I can tell so far, this sniper appears no different.

What about things worse then gang violence? The millions dieing of hunger? The wars going on throughout Africa? Human Rights problems? These get no attention as well> Why?

Cuz, to put in frankly, most of the people in the US don't care. They weren't brought up to care.

"Whats that? Million dead in Africa? BUH! Oh look the football game!"

Originally posted by crystalmethod@Oct. 21 2002, 6:48 pm

Cuz, to put in frankly, most of the people in the US don't care. They weren't brought up to care.

"Whats that? Million dead in Africa? BUH! Oh look the football game!"

Well, that's something that's pretty hard to deny. Most people around here only react if it affects them personally (and cry for help and pity when it does). Drives me nuts, absolutely nuts...

there's a thing I don't get about the children in africa, I mean, on the Tv they say a child dies every 60 seconds. I mean, by now wouldn't all the children be gone? And why do these african men and women still continue to have children if they can't look after them?

To me, it's more there fault and doesn't concern me.

Well, that's a whole new can of worms. It's more due to a lack of sexual education and other cultural issues, no birth control readily available and the sale of sex. A lot of poor women have to become prostitutes just to put food on the table and they don't use birth control. Hence more children. AIDS spreads like wildfire this way as well.

Yeah absolutley.. Who cares about knives in the head, when we have snipers to report about!

The main reason this is getting the publicity it is, is because they police have no idea who or where this person is, and how they will catch them.

Although the media covering this so extensively gives the american people that the police cannot solve everything..

Its tough for some to comprehend that this ultra safe urban utopia we live in may be just as dangerous as any third world country we may look down upon.

Oh well, its about time people got a little dose of reality

Originally posted by SilentSnipeR@Oct. 23 2002, 2:57 am

And why do these african men and women still continue to have children if they can't look after them?

In any country, the poor and poorly educated population has more children. It's one of those basic human instincts you can't do much about.

Originally posted by antime+Oct. 23 2002, 5:29 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(antime @ Oct. 23 2002, 5:29 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SilentSnipeR@Oct. 23 2002, 2:57 am

And why do these african men and women still continue to have children if they can't look after them?

In any country, the poor and poorly educated population has more children. It's one of those basic human instincts you can't do much about.[/b][/quote]

Sure you can.

Give them all coathangers and show them how to use them. That will fix the overpopulation problem.

You are welcome for another random comment from Cyn - she doesn't bother to read entire posts, she just likes to be a smart ass.

Originally posted by SilentSnipeR@Oct. 23 2002, 2:57 am

You sound like the kinda person crystalmethod was talking about
sarcasm.gif

What's with the talking in 3rd person Cyn?

Originally posted by DBOY@Oct. 21 2002, 2:31 pm

Gangs kill several people a night with guns around here...

I guess that's not important though because they're not a SNIPER!

good point

Originally posted by Omar+Oct. 24 2002, 4:53 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Omar @ Oct. 24 2002, 4:53 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SilentSnipeR@Oct. 23 2002, 2:57 am

You sound like the kinda person crystalmethod was talking about
sarcasm.gif

What's with the talking in 3rd person Cyn?[/b][/quote]

argh, didn't mean to. But i have my own opinion. i'm all for helping them though, but I don't see why they should get front page news everyday.

Good that you see it that way. Anyways, they caught the sniper... actually there were two of them and one was muslm. When they were cought they were both sleeping in their van with all their equipment. Apparently they were homeless but a motive for the attacks has yet to be announced.

Back