Ok I'm finally buying a modchip

slinga

Established Member

Any tips?

The best price I saw was $9.50 at Lan-kwei, but I'm sure they'll rape me with shipping. Anybody do business with them before?

Oh yeah, I don't know crap about soldering, I'm getting a friend to solder it for me (the catch of course is that I have to buy him a modchip for TESTING purposes damnit).

What else should I know? ::starts counting the pins on his saturn::

What you're doing sounds good. That is, count pins first, buy mod later.

Beyond that... read up on the threads concerning modding, and if you can, get your friend to do the same.

Lan Kwei f***ed me over when i order stuff from them. Not only that, they didnt respond to emails that i sent them regarding the status of my order. It took them nearly two months to send out the items that i had ordered. The guy who runs it kept on telling me that the order had been shipped but when i got the package, i found that the postage date stamped on it by Hong Kong post was only a wekk old!

There have been someother people on this message board who have also been stung by lan-kwei so whatch out

Do those mods work with 64 pin chip saturns? I have a Lik-sang mod and it isn't compatible with my 64 pin chip saturn. If you have a 64 pin chip saturn, can you tell me if that mod works with it. If you want, i could sell you my mod chip, thats if you have a 32 pin chip saturn. I have the A to B connection already soldered on it so all you have to do is plug it into your saturn, and put electical tape on the power conection if you wanted istead of soldering it down. If there is anything wrong with it i would be glad to issue a full refund. Pm if your interested.

Originally posted by SegaSquad@Jun 21, 2003 @ 01:45 PM

I have the A to B connection already soldered on it so all you have to do is plug it into your saturn, and put electical tape on the power conection if you wanted instead of soldering it down.

If you don't want to solder to the PSU there's a better way.

Have your friend 'tin' theend of the 5v wire and you can wedge it into the PSU connector. It should make a good solid connection.

IMHO, you should never use electrical tape to help make an electrical connection; I feel it's too prone to failure. But that's just me.
smile.gif

BTW it's unlikely that a Lan-kwei mod will work in a 64 pin Saturn, but never say never. When I have the money and motivation, I'll buy some and test them.

Back