Panzer Dragoon Orta reviewed.

http://alwaysgame.com/bboard....&topic=

"Not previewed, REVIEWED. I'm figuring they got what was going to be the final build before Sega pushed it back to January to add stuff.

The original Panzer Dragoon(emulated) is in Pandora's Box.

Anyone interested in the score they gave it?

And no, I'm not making this up..."

WOW! Not only does the game kick all types of serious ass, but they included an entire version of a previous classic! But emulated?!?!? Did Sega actually make a Saturn emulator for the Xbox?

hmmmmm...... emulator.......
smile.gif

Maybe another reason to buy an XBox.....

This is torture -- I know I don't need to buy yet another system, but there things are just so tempting!

xbox is your god... Oh and @3rdman, i just signed up for the xbox live beta testing, probably won't get it but it's worth a shot
smile.gif

Gawd, I _hope_ all they did was actually reprogram the original Panzer Dragoon game to run natively on XBox (but look like the Saturn original).... if I find that they instead made a working, full-speed Saturn emu for XBox it'll be another nail in my coffin!!!

DOWN WITH MICROSO.........oh, sorry. Hey, just my opinion.
wink.gif

The mag issue is the latest one...the Nov. issue I believe. I just had a thought though...didn't the original Panzer have a release on the PC as well? Maybe they used that version...I don't know.

If there is an emulator hidden in there somewhere, it won't take long for hackers to extract it. We'll see.

Good luck getting into the Beta Galstaff!
smile.gif

The US version was delayed to add more content related to its backstory (at least thats what they said). Hopefully we'll be getting more extras than Japan.

Originally posted by 3rdman@Sep. 29 2002, 4:29 am

I just had a thought though...didn't the original Panzer have a release on the PC as well? Maybe they used that version...

I'd say that a port of the PC version is much more likely.

Originally posted by 3rdman@Sep. 27 2002, 5:29 pm

The mag issue is the latest one...the Nov. issue I believe. I just had a thought though...didn't the original Panzer have a release on the PC as well? Maybe they used that version...I don't know.

It was actually a version designed to work with a specific graphics card (AGP, I think) made by NVidia. Hmm...

Panzer Dragoon is probably an SGL game, so IMO the easiest way to do this would be to make a source-compatible library that implemented SGL on the Xbox. A quick recompile (after you've resurrected the original source code and cleared all the bit-rot) and voila, PDXbox.

nVidia's NV1 was very different from other desktop 3D-accelerators at the time. Instead of using triangles or quads it used some sort of higher-order surfaces. Even though the latest generations of accelerators has reintroduced the concept I very much doubt there is much in common with the first implementation.

Back