• Rise from your gwave!

Playing Backup Games???

Discussion in 'Retro Video Games' started by JMS, Jan 8, 2002.

1. JMS

JMS New Member

Hello!

I will just welcome a 3DO-FZ1 in a few days in my console family, i read about playing back uped games, on says, Goldstar, the other the FZ1 what works really???

mfg, JMS!

2. megametalgreymon

megametalgreymon New Member

bosth should play backups, theres no copy protection

the best unit for doing so is the fz-1 since it isnt as picky about media, thats all

3. lancastoor

lancastoor New Member

i've yet to have a media problem on my fz-10..

im not sure if the love affair with the fz-1 has something to do with the ability to use the vcd upgrade

4. Big

Big New Member

I also have yet to run into a media issue with my Goldstar.

5. Redfield

Redfield New Member

The fz-1 never got a vcd addon to my knowledge in the us.The goldstar however did and i enjoy watching vcds on it heh

6. JMS

JMS New Member

Woha, VCD, nearly every system i have can do this, dreamcast, saturn, cdi, not really spectacular!

7. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

I got my 3do when it first came out in 1993 and it's broken. You see, the door keeps popping out for no reason. It just is in the middle of a game, then opens... does anyone know if i can fix this or HOW i can fix this? I HAD NO IDEA THERE WAS

NO COPY PROTECTION ON MY FZ-1! this rules! Finally... i can play poed again.. (lost my copy due to many scratches)

(woah 123 post.. twilight zoneish eh?)

(Edited by Gallstaff at 7:01 pm on Feb. 25, 2002)

8. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

this has never happend to any one else?

9. Falstaf

Falstaf New Member

I have heard that the ribbon cable that connects the cd player to the main board was crappy and could cause problems. I believe the 3do section at gamefaqs explains it and how to rectify these problems.

10. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

I looked at that, but i have an fz-1, not a goldstar. PLus, my door closes fine but sometimes it will just open when it feels like.

11. Xavier

Xavier Mid Boss

I know I bought this one severly scratched game and it did it to that ...so Im saying I think its because it cant read the media for whatever reason . Ive heard rumors that a few of the games arnt compatible with all the systems .

12. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

but all my games are fine and it will happen for no reason. I asked some one else and he said he had the same problem with his computer. It was infact the ribbon clip so i should check that out tomorrow. But right now i'm wicked tired and gotta sleeeeeeeep. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (yes i said wicked)