PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!

Hope someone can help me......

Recently acquired via a famous p2p program rather a lot of Saturn Isos.

I've done the mp3->wav thingy, I've done the SatConv on the Bins/Isos/cues whichever one it is, I've used the Sega Cue maker as well................oh yeah and the modchip hee hee.

Burning on Fireburner I have managed to get 2 great games and 16 coasters :damn:

Most of the coasters are playable, but the write failed to close the session - my pc just hung up with the disc spinning, showing no intentions of letting it go!! :huh

I'm sure I've got the right settings for Mode1 etc.... was burning in TAO mode...is that the problem ?

Need to Know what I'm doing wrong as I'll be gutted if i get near the end of RadiantSilvergun only to have the bloody thing crash!!!!

Please advise o great ones :bow

Seesm like the problem is with your system (software, hardware, OS, whatever). What OS are you using? Windows or Linux?

If you're using Windows, you could try to force an aspi upgrade (google for forceaspi), which *might* help you, or if you're on Linux, you could use my method that's on one of the sticky threads above. I've burned around 50 CDRs with this method and had 0 coasters, while using nero 1 out of 10 of my burns would end up in the dumpster.

Also, did you try different brands of media?

What burning speed did you use?

Good old (???) Win98SE...... it has been misbehaving a bit lately though, maybe its time for a reformat ?

:flamethrower:

All burned at x1 or x2 speed (depending on fireburner/cdrwin used)

Using Phillips CD-R80 's , max 52 speed discs

Thanks for your input guys.... any more will be well appreciated :D

Yeah had some success with cdrwin.... find it a bit hard sometimes though to get it to accept my cuesheets - even after mp3 changed to wavs and saturn cue sheet maker used it rejects them.....it even sometimes rejects them if i go through and manually just change all the "mp3"s to "wav"s.

Like I say, most of my games are playable.... its just that if you scan through the audio tracks the last one (usually) is corrupted and doesn't read properly (because the disc was not successfully closed i imagine ?).

AAARRGGHH!!! Was soooo happy when i got my mod chip working - i was drooling looking at all those lovely iso's...........All i've had is grief - well a lotta joy when i played Silvergun for the first time - but since then its been one long headache.

Somebody come and do it for me, pleeeeaasse ? lol

I am just retarded :damn:

ps. Love these smileys :hehehe: as you may have noticed

Just found a "Readme" in one of the archives..... apparently burning in TAO is a big NO NO - it should be DAO. So I'm giving that a try with Nero right now on one that got away (Panzer Saga disc 2)....

Fingers crossed..............

well blow me down - success!!!!!

Looks like I'll soon be playing the Saga again - WOW!!!

Will try burning the others again in this way later (when i get more disks lol).

Thanks for your time guys - I'll let you know how i get on with them

(in other words I'll be back here crying again soon!)

Originally posted by SaturnNights@Jan 27, 2004 @ 08:58 PM

Just found a "Readme" in one of the archives..... apparently burning in TAO is a big NO NO - it should be DAO. So I'm giving that a try with Nero right now on one that got away (Panzer Saga disc 2)....

Fingers crossed..............

errr.. never burn TAO :smash

Stick with Nero.

If you use Nero, you don't have to convert MP3 to WAV - just have the cue-sheet point to the MP3's (and put MP3 in place of "WAVE" at the end of the lines) - Nero will convert for you.

Originally posted by IBarracudaI@Jan 27, 2004 @ 04:35 PM

errr.. never burn TAO :smash

Told you I was retarded!!!!

Never used cue&bins etc before.... always CloneCd for me after other people had done the hard work :sleep: :sleep:

Success all the way now.....Only cock-ups now are when i forget to use SatConv first!! (dumbass!!)

Still, at least we'll never have unsightly cup rings on the furniture in our house lol.

Back