Pseudo Saturn Kai official thread

Dawh damn! Re-read the whole post sorry man!! I'll buy your gamer cartridge yet as I don't like to yoke out swap out Action Replays to backup saves for certain!

My mom's caught a rare one think it was 1% to develop it? Doing the chemo weak as chit same survival rate in the five years from now

Cheering for you friend!!

EDIT: Tomb Raider not compatible with cheats, any do nothing, firmware v6.274

Last edited:
@kitty666cats got Grandia to work on an all-in-one cart with backup memory after doing a potentiometer adjustment. I know that this doesn't explain why Grandia works for you on the cart without backup memory and not the other, but it is worth mentioning nonetheless.

[Reddit] https://old.reddit.com/r/SegaSaturn/comments/dki48s/problems_with_magic_knight_rayearth_and_resident/f4uggbt/

I'd bet a pretty penny the other cart probably has different pins, either a different amount or layout. You'll notice a lot of the eBay carts have less pins than the classic ol' Action Replay Plus. Never seen one of the cheaper carts with less features in person, I went for the $41 USD one with in-game cartridge saves and it worked great with literally everything I threw at it! Up until Grandia.

Same deal on THREE different consoles! A little tiny bit of tightening, only about 45 degrees at a time between testing the game's funcionality. I had no problems with some of the more finicky titles like Dragon Force and Magic Knight Rayearth on all the consoles, it's really only Grandia that gave me shit. I mean, the pot has definitely got to slowly come loose over the years, only makes sense right? So yeah, I really think Grandia is a good benchmark for ensuring wide compatibility with Pseudo Saturn burns :3

Thanks for the information @kitty666cats :)

EDIT: Tomb Raider not compatible with cheats, any do nothing, firmware v6.274

I have tested cheats with the EUR/USA/JPN versions of Tomb Raider and non of them work as you indicated. There are over 2200 cheats in Pseudo Saturn Kai and these have (quite understandably) not all been tested, and therefore it is not unusual to find cheats that don't work.

Jus wrote new v6.324 Lite to my Action Replay 4M+ from disc. I thought the battery save backup was back?

Sorry I misinterpret! You rock!

EDIT: Also sure you've seen GameHacking Tomb Raider Saturn ? Some reason I don't remember master code in the last firmware

EDIT 2: 0mG!!! Just checked out Stellar Assault. wtf, Interlaced what like 240i? Is a feature? Uhhh I thought i is the devil!

Also, I passed the first mission.. but it says Trace Play or Save.. Save is not selectable it is greyed-out ={ When I select Trace Play which still don't know what means it loads back the same screen

EDIT 3: Die Hard Trilogy PAL the same problem gets to FMV and skips+hangs there ={ Does the Japanese version have English

Last edited:
Hi All

Newb here, hope this is the right place...

When attempting to put the psuedo kai cd-r into saturn, the saturn always just gets stuck on it's boot screen (where all the metallic pieces are starting to show, before they all join up), so i cant get to the point of attempting the swap trick. Anyone got any solutions for this?

Thanks

Hey there, just installed Kai Lite (latest version) to my Action Replay and have a few questions.

1. Do I need to leave the tape on the CD tray switch once the flashing is complete? That was just for the swap trick I'm assuming?

2. Just tested out a game on a Taiyo Yuden CD-R, but about 10-15 minutes into the game and it rebooted the console back to the Saturn screen. Started playing again, happened again within a minute this time. Also checked the compatibility list for that game and it showed as fine. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Hey there, just installed Kai Lite (latest version) to my Action Replay and have a few questions.

1. Do I need to leave the tape on the CD tray switch once the flashing is complete? That was just for the swap trick I'm assuming?

2. Just tested out a game on a Taiyo Yuden CD-R, but about 10-15 minutes into the game and it rebooted the console back to the Saturn screen. Started playing again, happened again within a minute this time. Also checked the compatibility list for that game and it showed as fine. Any ideas?
it was just to initially boot the cd-r, as for the other question i don't know.
i would try it again with the tape removed.

Hi, new member here.
I'm not sure if I should be posting it here but I tried flashing my action replay cartridge today and ran into an issue.
After about 15 tries of disk swapping madness and almost giving up I managed to get the pskai_sdm_flasher.cue to run on my japanese Saturn.
For some strange reason however it didn't have an option to flash my cartridge. Does anyone know what I'm missing?

Attachments

• SSDM.png
    SSDM.png
    456.6 KB · Views: 152
Hi, new member here.
I'm not sure if I should be posting it here but I tried flashing my action replay cartridge today and ran into an issue.
After about 15 tries of disk swapping madness and almost giving up I managed to get the pskai_sdm_flasher.cue to run on my japanese Saturn.
For some strange reason however it didn't have an option to flash my cartridge. Does anyone know what I'm missing?
Hit the R trigger

The earlier attached image shows 2 screens. hitting the r (or l) trigger shows the second screen.
stupid question, do you have the action replay 4m plus plugged in correctly?
under 'Start Homebrew' you should see 'Firmware Flasher'
i don't know if it doesn't show up if the action replay isn't detected though so it may be you've burnt the wrong image or an older image.

here's the download:

simple burn the pskai_sdm_flasher.iso and boot it on the saturn and then hit the R trigger and you should see 'Firmware Flasher'
click it then choose pseudo saturn kai lite.

this is an old video but it may help you:

Last edited:
Back